nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Welcome Legal Jeepers

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Welcome Legal Jeepers

Postby Paul » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:32 pm

The newest registered user is Marc Saxby

:up:
:paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:38 pm

Welcome Marc :hello:
Scott Hatch

Postby rblank » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Howdy Marc.....Who are you? :?:
rblank

Postby preach » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:23 pm

"Real Jeeps Are Bought Not Built" :shock:

Hi Marc.
NEWJO
preach

Postby Treasurer » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:07 pm

Wait I thought Suzuki was the best.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Marc Saxby » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:27 pm

Hi and thanks for the nice welcome.
My name is Marc and I, along with another jeeper have started a new jeep club that wants to focus on the legal aspect of offroading. Now we dont plan on tackling anything big just yet but we do want to get started by cleaning up area trails. We are based in southern New Hampshire. You can check us out at www.legaljeeper.com. Dues are free right now so anythign we do has to be cheap. Right now we are in the process of creating by-laws and trying to find out where we can go to get "incorporated" to release liability from the officers. Any help in this area would be great. I heard that there was a template for by-laws that we can use to check our by-laws with. Also any advice on getting a tax id and registering with the state would be great. If anyone knows of a good logo program thats cheap or free please let me know.
Preach I'm sorry if my window was offensive I never meant it to be that way. I just got picked on for not using my Rubicon to its fullest and thought that would be a funny joke. It was directed towards the ones that were making fun of me. They had spent a bit of money on their jeeps but they had to always fix them. I did not have to fix mine beacuse it was bought not built. Only fun was intended.
Right now it looks like we have a good base start and would love the experts advise on anything we can do to improve ourselves. You guys have been doing this successfully for a while and I value everyones opinion.
thanks
Marc
President
LegalJeeper
04 Lime Green Rubicon
Visit us www.legaljeeper.com
Marc Saxby

Postby rvgjeep1 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:36 pm

Welcome Marc
Welcome to the neiborhood. I live in Hudson NH. and would be glad to help you with anything you need. I will probably even consider joining your club. I hope that you guys are going to support the long term goals that our sport needs to succeed.

BTW, ignore Preach, he is one of "those guys" :mrgreen:
Roy VanGemert
Just a regular guy
DeepWoods Extreme Inc.
4X4 Club of S. New Hampshire
rvgjeep1

Postby Treasurer » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Marc you need to pick a town you are going to incorporate in. Then you need to go to the NH Secretary of State website and print up the non-profit incorporation papers. You fill them out and get the town seal put on them. The town might want a small fee. I remember mailing the papers to Concord with $25. You go on IRS.gov and print up the form for a tax ID number for a non-profit corp. Fill it out and mail it into the IRS. There is another fee involved which I do not remember the dollar amount. You will get a letter with the Tax ID number. This will allow you to open up a fee free checking account. You non-profit status will most likely be 501C(9) or (7).
Good Luck
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby dave_m9_2000 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:49 pm

Hello to all,

My name is Dave and I am the other Jeeper Marc is refering to.A very big thanx for the warm welcome.As some of might know i got my start with NEWJO.I owe most of what i know and have done to all the fine people in NEWJO. Like Marc I am also interested in the whole legal aspect of Jeepin. I do think that we will soon make a big impact on the Jeepin world. Hope to work with you all in the future real soon!
Thanx again
Dave

PS My XJ is built not bought. lol
dave_m9_2000

Postby preach » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Hi Dave. Miss not seeing you in Somersworth as much. Might just be missing the hummmmm of the swampers though. :wink:

Marc, I'm not offended by the sticker at all. I think it is hilarious. :lol:
NEWJO
preach

Postby Shane » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:20 am

Welcome guys. We could use all the help we can get. And we will help where we can.

Shane
Your banner here. Reasonable Rates.
Shane

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion