nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Round of applause

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Round of applause

Postby odd fire six » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 am

I would like to thank all the Delegates and Members who were on the class VI ride after the meeting on Sat, for pulling together, and helping out the teenagers who were involved in the rollover we saw during our ride. Good teamwork and a Great job done !!!
Doug and Linda
Just an Old Junk Yard Dog
odd fire six

Postby tammylynn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:29 pm

x2 Nice job by everyone on responding and keeping cool.
How did you post a picture? :shock:
I'm glad I was not the only morbid one who took pics of the vehicle.
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:05 pm

I called home to Vickie about meeting me at Field and Forest for the BBQ and she told me that there was a roll-over at the end of the road. She also saw a bunch of lifted trucks and wondered if any of us were in the area. I was horrified thinking the worst had happened because I knew you guys were heading through there.

Whoever lent Vickie their phone to call me THANK YOU, he definitely settled me down from being on the verge of freaking out that one of you were hurt
Scott Hatch

Postby jenmarrs » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:35 pm

whoa!

so were the kids ok?
jenmarrs

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Both were taken away by the rescue squad and brought to the hospital. It sounds like the girl went into shock but I am going to be looking into there status
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:58 pm

The boy had some cuts on his leg-otherwise seemed fine. The girl was displaying signs of shock and otherwise seemed ok-no major cuts or anything. She did seem to have a little trouble breathing so not sure if she had any broken ribs or anything internal. From what I could hear she had her seat belt on and I think the boy did too.

I was just amazed at how calm the mother was-I would've been freaking out if it was my daughter. The mother almost acted as if this had happened before-she didn't even seem to be crying or anything. Luckily the mother was right up the road at a reservoir and the boy gave us directions. Jay was able to go get her.

There was also a neighbor across the street-an older couple. At first the lady came up to me and asked what happened. I told her a truck had rolled over and immediately she said "Well you guys were going very fast." I said "No ma'am, we were barely doing the speed limit and the kids who rolled over are not with our group." So she proceeded to see if we needed anything. Later she came over to me and apologized for her comment and said she did not realize we were all probably hurrying to get back down to the scene. We did all turn around in her driveway so I told her that is probably what she saw and wondered what was going on. She thanked us for being so attentive to what was happening.
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:23 pm

From what I saw, the girl was holding her stomach when she got out and complaining of pain breathing. She was definitely in shock. The boy was too but he was more concerned about her then himself.
Lucky we were there, because the truck was upside down in water. Who knows when someobody would've been by to help them.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 am

I spoke with a couple of guys last night from the Deering FD, one of them was at the scene. They were both transported to the hospital; the boy was released but the girl was kept overnight for observation but was expected to be released on Sunday.
Scott Hatch

Postby jenmarrs » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:02 am

great work you guys! :up:
jenmarrs

Postby smileyfish » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pm

if something were ever to happen to me or my family i hope there are wheelers around. the best group of people out there. most have first aid exp., knolagable about trucks/jeeps, and just nice people.
smileyfish

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 pm

smileyfish wrote:if something were ever to happen to me or my family i hope there are wheelers around. the best group of people out there. most have first aid exp., knolagable about trucks/jeeps, and just nice people.

x2
I remember the guy that stopped in his K5 when my trans went in '04 on a highway. He did what he could on the side of the road for my friend, myself and my daughter. He ended up letting me use his phone for a tow.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion