nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

How do you define trail ratings

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

How do you define trail ratings

Postby bronco2chick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm new to this association, So when I read there was a fall crawl and numbered trails I did not know how to pick which trail to sign up for. I have a bronco II lifted 6 inches locked front and rear, run 513 for gears and have 33 inch swampers, and I have tow points front and rear. This way next time there is a run I know how to sign up Thanks. :?
bronco2chick

Postby tammylynn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:06 pm

First of all, welcome.

Typically the trails are rated based on the difficulty of the trail and the equipment you have on your vehicle. For instance whether you have a winch, lockers, lift, etc. I know with our club (Deep Woods) we rate the trails from 1-5 with 1 being something for a pretty much stock vehicle and 5 being something for a vehicle with more than enough capability.

I thought somewhere we had posted a description of what was needed for the various trails?
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Like Tammy said, Welcome.
What club are you with?
The Fall Crawl sign up sheet has the suggested requirements for each trail listed right by there name:

TOW HOOKS AND SEAT BELTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL TRAILS

#1 Easy Trail Class 6 (10 vehicles MAX)

#2 Easy Trail Class 6 (10 vehicles MAX)

#3 Harder Trail Class 6 (10 vehicles MAX)

#4 Moderate- Carnage Hill: MINIMUM 33inch tires (10 vehicles MAX)

#4.5 Moderately Hard- Carnage Hill: MINIMUM 35inch tires, 33 s with Locker (10 Vehicles MAX)

#5 Moderatly Hard - Cemetery Hill: MINIMUM 33inch tires (10 vehicles MAX)

#6 Moderately Hard - Wayne s World: MINIMUM 33inch tires (10 vehicles MAX)

#7 Hard - Homestead: MINIMUM 35inch tires, 33 s with Locker (10 vehicles MAX)

#8 Hard - Wayne s World: MINIMUM 35inch tires, 33 s with Locker (10 vehicles MAX)

#9 Hard - Field & Forest: MINIMUM 35inch tires, 33 s with Locker (10 vehicles MAX)

#9.5 Hard-Field n Forest: MINIMUM 35inch tires, 33 s with Locker (10 Vehicles MAX)

#10 Extreme - Wayne s World: MINIMUM 36inch tires Lockers & Winch (8 vehicles MAX)

#11 Extreme Homestead: MINIMUM 36inch tires Lockers & Winch (8 vehicles MAX)

As far as individual trails go each club has their own guide lines. Our are from 1 - 10 1 being easy 10 being harder.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 am

As Far as the Fall Crawl trail numbers, these have no bearing on the overall difficulty level beyond the fact that they were GENERALLY rated from easiest to hardest BUT the description is a better indicator

Trails 1-2 are for stock to slightly modified and Trail 3 will be great for slightly modified to 33" tire size
Scott Hatch

Postby Paul » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:05 am

You'd be fine on my trails, #6, moderately hard. :twisted:
I think mines full tho. :(
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion