nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

I'm running for President of The Assoc.

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

I'm running for President of The Assoc.

Postby 7slotgrills » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:31 pm

I'm running for President of the Assoc. I feel I can do the job
come to the Big 4WD event look me up and we can talk.
If elected President of the Assoc I will step down as President of
PatriotJeepers but remain on the BOD We at Patriot keep it simple
no meetings but we e-mail and talk all the time.I have a plan
and plan to bring in The Baystate Land Rovers. I have been there
at ground zero to start 3 clubs and after Seeing Scott and what the
Assoc has done I what to take it to the next leavel.

Rich Banfield
7slotgrills
7slotgrills

A little about me

Postby 7slotgrills » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:41 pm

1985 Started 4 wheelin (85CJ7)
1988 Founded the New England 4 Wheelers
1989 President NE4W Drove (71 CJ5 & 87YJ)
1992- Member United 4 Wheel-Drive Assoc.
1992- Member Blue Ribbon Coalition (86CJ7)
1993- 4 Wheel Drive Representative of MARTAB
1993-94 member Tread Lightly
1993- Put together cleanup efforts to remove abandoned
Vehicles from the New England woods. Have removed to date 21 vehicles!
1995 Jeeps Environmental Ads counsel
1995-96 Formed the New England Assoc. of 4WD Clubs
1995-96 President of the NE Assoc. of 4WD clubs
1998 Formed the Baystate Jeepers (86CJ7)
1998-2001 President Baystate Jeepers(88YJ)
2002- One of 4 people who founded Patriot Jeepers
2002- President PatriotJeepers (86 CJ7)
2005- Started an online company 7slotgrills.com
2006- Started The Big 4WD event
2007- Put on a Jeep Day/Cancer benifit (86CJ7 & 01TJ)
7slotgrills
7slotgrills

Postby tammylynn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:05 pm

Rich I had already posted your info in another thread but thanks for the addition.
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:39 pm

hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby rblank » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 am

But non-delegates can not access that thread.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:49 am

Can non delegates vote at the meetings? I thought each club got 1 vote.
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:07 pm

non-delegates=the popular vote

delegates=the electoral college

in a manner of speaking.
:paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:10 pm

1 vote per club.

These was decided in the founding days of the NEA to put small and large clubs on an equal footing....

I just realized this thread in the Forum access section :shock:

Moving to OT
Scott Hatch

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:46 pm

And it is up to the delegates to relay information to their clubs correct? Therefore hence to in it shouldn't matter if that was in a delegate section or registered section. :wink:

It's time clubs start holding their delegates responsible for passing on info. With 20 some odd clubs there's no way can we reach everyone if they don't help us.
noun
JayZR2

Postby rblank » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Information.... usually it's free....but it's priceless when you don't have it or need it.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:15 pm

With 20 some odd clubs there's no way can we reach everyone if they don't help us.

Yes there is. :twisted:
I think we need some fundamental changes to the way we disseminate information.

:paul:
Paul

Postby rblank » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:29 pm

Speak oh great Gawd of all things sweatervestive and Guru of welding sandals.....Image

I'm serious actually.....whatcha got?
rblank

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:37 pm

rblank wrote:Speak oh great Gawd of all things sweatervestive and Guru of welding sandals.....Image

I'm serious actually.....whatcha got?

what's wrong with welding with sandals? If you're an EXPERT like me it should not be a problem.

We need an idea board, a blank one, and we need to throw ideas out and scribble all over it, free thought, brainstorming. Not here, a clean thread.

not the least of which ideaRs include:

A master email list
a subscribed email list
another message board
multiple delegates
assoc sections on all boards
a communications director position
I'm just throwing wet TP at the wall here...some ideas will stick, some wont.

GOAL: To increase communication (two way) and participation between the clubs and association.

incentives?
constant email blasts?
force it on people/clubs?
Paul

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Some of those are good idea's Paul, but not every member of every club has a computer or internet access. Regardless of how many emails we send, anyone with out a PC/interweb is less likely to get it.
I can create a section for every club on here but will that do any good?
Only about 10 people frequent this board on a regular basis.
Quite frankly, I don't believe it is our responsibility to reach every member of every club. It is our responsibility to reach every delegate and they in turn pass that information on. Or if an individual member wants to come here they are free to do so.
I also agree that we probably could do a better of job of reaching out to the delegates for important matters.
I will try and make an effort to do that going forward.
Lastly I think we do tend to hold our cards a little too close to the sweater vest sometimes. I don't believe everything in the delegate section is so sensitive that it couldn't be posted in a less restricted area.
noun
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:30 pm

I think Paul meant that clubs should have an Association section on their club forums.? I could be wrong though.

I think you can talk about better communication and all of that forever. There is never going to be a cut and dry-no fail solution.

Delegates are responsible for relaying to their clubs. If they aren't doing the job then the alternate needs to step up. If neither of them are doing their jobs then the club needs to seek alternate representation. Clubs know we are here and they know things are being done. They know their club pays to be a member every year. If they are not taking the time to make sure they know what is going on then shame on them! That is not our issue. It shouldn't matter if info is posted in a delegate only section or not. If the delegates are doing their job-then their members will know about stuff and if the members don't know-they need to ask.

E-mail lists are a waste of time...hence why we switched to using a forum. We do however have a master e-mail list for all of the current officers and delegates and we use it when it is necessary to do so.

We do need someone such as a Communications Director or something like that. We need more formal press releases and I have been trying to be proactive about that lately. We can't even get one person to run for Secretary or more than one person for President. We need to fill those before we start creating even more offices.

I was planning to do a formal announcement of candidates prior to the November meeting once we could confirm that all nominations have been received. That announcement would include a list of candidates and their corresponding info qualifying them for the position.
tammylynn

I could not find that topic

Postby 7slotgrills » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:37 pm

I could not find that topic even if I clicked on the link?

What would it be under?

Rich
7slotgrills
7slotgrills

Let me say this

Postby 7slotgrills » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:46 pm

Let me say this. E-mail should rank on top of the use of the Website.
I found out 3 weeks after the fall crawl went on sale. If elected
President I would send out a E-mail to the clubs letting them know about
the fall crawl and other items the clubs may need.
I was on Vacation I check e-mail all the time, but not sift all over a
Website hoping I get all my info.
I would ask that I have a master list to E-mail club Presidents
and anyone wanting to be on that list.

Rich
7slotgrills
7slotgrills

Re: I could not find that topic

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:05 pm

7slotgrills wrote:I could not find that topic even if I clicked on the link?

What would it be under?

Rich

Because you are using your 7slotgrills ID and not your Patriotjeep ID. PatriotJeep is the one with delegate access 7slotgrills is just a registered member ID. Would you like me to change that?

It is under Delegates, chairs, and officers, general business.
noun
JayZR2

Big 4WD event looking to NEA people

Postby 7slotgrills » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:10 pm

Looking for clubs and NEA people to attend the Big 4WD event this is
a chance to get people in a club and then in a Assoc. of 4WD clubs
The Big 4WD event is open to all 4WD's and we should help people find a
club and not go out alone and places they should not be.
I would love to hand out any NEA info at the gate or under a NEA tent.

come on down Oct 14th Hebert's Candy Rt. 20 Shrewsbury, Ma
9-4

Rich
7slotgrills
7slotgrills

Postby rblank » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:21 am

JayZR2 wrote:Lastly I think we do tend to hold our cards a little too close to the sweater vest sometimes. I don't believe everything in the delegate section is so sensitive that it couldn't be posted in a less restricted area.

And the angels (no not the one's the Red Sox are playing :roll: ) sang from the heavens!!!!

disclaimer: I've never personally heard Tammy sing, but I'm sure it's lovely. :)
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:05 pm

rblank wrote:
JayZR2 wrote:Lastly I think we do tend to hold our cards a little too close to the sweater vest sometimes. I don't believe everything in the delegate section is so sensitive that it couldn't be posted in a less restricted area.

And the angels (no not the one's the Red Sox are playing :roll: ) sang from the heavens!!!!

disclaimer: I've never personally heard Tammy sing, but I'm sure it's lovely. :)

Ha Ha Thanks Roger. I used to sing a lot actually. Haven't in quite awhile.
tammylynn

Re: Let me say this

Postby tammylynn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:16 pm

7slotgrills wrote:Let me say this. E-mail should rank on top of the use of the Website.
I found out 3 weeks after the fall crawl went on sale. If elected
President I would send out a E-mail to the clubs letting them know about
the fall crawl and other items the clubs may need.
I was on Vacation I check e-mail all the time, but not sift all over a
Website hoping I get all my info.
I would ask that I have a master list to E-mail club Presidents
and anyone wanting to be on that list.

Rich

I have to disagree. Again, everyone knows about the Fall Crawl and it is always scheduled to go on sale around July. We did communicate about the Fall Crawl at meetings and prior to the formal release of the event.

We did use an e-mail list server in the past and the majority of the delegates wanted the forum. How is sifting through the hundreds of e-mails you will get any different than logging onto the forum where everything is much more organized? I just automatically go to the link for new posts and work my way through. If you log on pretty frequently it is not too bad. I don't think reverting to something we used to use and something everyone wanted to upgrade from is a productive solution.

We do currently have a master list of delegates and officers. If club presidents wanted to be on that list it wouldn't be an issue but to date none of them have stepped forward and asked to be on the list. That is why they have elected their delegates to represent them.

One thing I would like to work on is to start mailing the newsletter. That is a very valuable tool for dispersing information and some people would rather have a hard copy. For instance-in DWE we have a newsletter and we have developed a way to post it online but the majority of our members prefer to have it mailed to them even if they do have internet access. I think many people feel the same about the Association newsletter. I think we are at a point now where we can start to send out hard copies-even if we only send a few to each club to start. The way it should work is we should come up with the costs and then a portion of each club's membership dues should be set aside to go towards the cost of printing and mailing. It is how most organizations distribute their newsletters/magazines. NTM we are starting to have a lot of news and people without high speed internet aren't going to want to-or possibly even be able to download the newsletter.
tammylynn

Re: Big 4WD event looking to NEA people

Postby tammylynn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:21 pm

7slotgrills wrote:Looking for clubs and NEA people to attend the Big 4WD event this is
a chance to get people in a club and then in a Assoc. of 4WD clubs
The Big 4WD event is open to all 4WD's and we should help people find a
club and not go out alone and places they should not be.
I would love to hand out any NEA info at the gate or under a NEA tent.

come on down Oct 14th Hebert's Candy Rt. 20 Shrewsbury, Ma
9-4

Rich

Unfortunately Deep Woods has an event the same weekend but I will post it for those who might not be coming. For this same reason I cannot attend to staff an NEA4WDC table.
If nobody can attend to staff an NEA4WDC table I can try to get some brochures and stuff to Rich. Jay-do you still have any of the updated brochures-or anybody?
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:36 pm

I still have the ones we printed for the Framingham event that got rained out. We also have a club event that weekend so I can't make it but I only live in Westboro and could drop them to someone local to distribute.
noun
JayZR2

Elections

Postby kodi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:04 pm

so...is this thread about elections!? LOL...talk about straying.

Are there any other nominations....don't you HAVE to be nominated to run, or does anyone throw their hat into the ring?

Curious.

As a BOD member of Baystate for 4+ years, I'd like to have some more info....and make informed decisions with my fellow BOD members, and know who is going to be running.

With that said, If he's willing, I'd like to nominate JayZR2 for President. Since he was VP, perhaps he'd like the corner office now!?

Rich, We see what you HAVE done, what would you like to see happen, and how would you get from point A to point B?
kodi

Re: Elections

Postby tammylynn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 am

kodi wrote:so...is this thread about elections!? LOL...talk about straying.

Are there any other nominations....don't you HAVE to be nominated to run, or does anyone throw their hat into the ring?

Curious.

As a BOD member of Baystate for 4+ years, I'd like to have some more info....and make informed decisions with my fellow BOD members, and know who is going to be running.

With that said, If he's willing, I'd like to nominate JayZR2 for President. Since he was VP, perhaps he'd like the corner office now!?

Rich, We see what you HAVE done, what would you like to see happen, and how would you get from point A to point B?

I had started a thread to be specifically just for announcing nominees but Rich started this one in addition to that and it has gone OT but it is good discussion also.
So far there have not been any other nominations..Rich is the only one and he nominated himself which the Executive Officers agreed is ok. If someone is eager to run we're not going to turn anyone away. I am posting nominations as I receive them once they have been confirmed with the person who is being nominated. Pat Charron was nominated for both open positions but she declined. Once I have the final list of nominees I am going to put together a formal announcement to send out. Everyone has until the November meeting to make a nomination. Following the November meeting I will put all of the info together and send that out. Delegates will have essentially two months before the elections in January to review the info and make their decisions with their clubs.
tammylynn

Postby tammylynn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:00 pm

We have our second candidate for President...Jay Ghelli has accepted Kodi's nomination.
Just a note that if Jay is elected there will also be an opening for Vice President or Executive Vice President (whichever name we are using now..lol)

Max reminded us we need a second on both nominations for them to be official. Anyone?

President Nominations
Rich Banfield
Jay Ghelli

Secretary Nominations
Nobody
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:04 am

After reading the by-laws as usual we are getting ahead of ourselves :lol:

The nominations per the by-laws do not open until the November meeting when I as President call them open. So far we have 2 people interested in the position who can be nominated at the next meeting and if seconded voted on at the January meeting.

***A couple of notes.
-The NEA4WDC fiscal year ENDS on January 31

-The last meeting of the NEA's Fiscal Year is the first Saturday of January unless a conflict exists with the New Year holiday

-The second to last meeting is November

9.4.1. Executive Officers shall be elected annually by the Association's Delegates at the last BOD
meeting of the fiscal year.

9.4.1.1. Nominations for each executive Office shall be declared open by the President or acting chair
on the next to last meeting of the fiscal year.

9.4.1.2. Nominations will remain open until declared closed by the President or acting chair prior to
voting activity.

9.4.1.3. Nominations may be made only by current Delegates or existing Officers.

9.4.1.4. Each nomination must be seconded for acceptance.

9.4.1.5. The Secretary will record all nominations that are accepted.

9.4.1.6. Elections shall be by a secret ballot for each executive Office in sequence: President, Vice
President, Treasure and Secretary.

9.4.1.7. The Secretary will read allowed the names of those accepted nominations prior to the vote for
each Office.
Scott Hatch

Postby maxhome » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:09 am

What Scott has proposed for nominations and voting is consistent with the requirements of the current bylaws.

I also think that it's a good thing for members to show interest in running for an executive office position as early as they want even though they may not yet be 'officially' nominated. I think they call it 'campaigning'. :!:
This provides more time for folks to think about running for office and for those interested in running to give notice and kiss babies. Additionally, this may help streamline the November meeting nomination process.

Even though this seems to be working out fine, please recall that this portion of the bylaws was written when we met every month. Now that we meet every other month maybe we should revisit the schedule on when nominations are open, are finalized and when voting takes place.

Then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it (unless it's a Jeep.) :mrgreen:

Max
maxhome

Postby tammylynn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:12 am

So can we still have a second for the current nominations?

BTW...there is a typo in 9.4.1.7. "allowed" should be aloud-or you could just strike it altogether because I think the aloud part is implied. Wouldn't make much sense if I was reading the names to myself.
I believe Executive should be capitalized whenever it precedes Officer.
Sorry...I'll stop editing.
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:30 am

Yes a second will be needed for a nomination but the nomination cannot occur until the November meeting when I declare the nominations open.
Scott Hatch

I'm running for president

Postby kodi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:56 pm

Thanks all for clarifying the rules/regs....
kodi

Postby tammylynn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:28 pm

maxhome wrote:What Scott has proposed for nominations and voting is consistent with the requirements of the current bylaws.

I also think that it's a good thing for members to show interest in running for an executive office position as early as they want even though they may not yet be 'officially' nominated. I think they call it 'campaigning'. :!:
This provides more time for folks to think about running for office and for those interested in running to give notice and kiss babies. Additionally, this may help streamline the November meeting nomination process.

Even though this seems to be working out fine, please recall that this portion of the bylaws was written when we met every month. Now that we meet every other month maybe we should revisit the schedule on when nominations are open, are finalized and when voting takes place.

Then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it (unless it's a Jeep.) :mrgreen:

Max

"Kiss Babies"? That must be a Parrothead term. :lol:
I agree...if it is not broken we should not fix it. I guess I am just excited that we actually have nominees.

Now if only someone would run for Secretary. The position has a lot of great benefits. Office with a view, lots of vacation time, if you are female you get to work with three men on a regular basis, and many more.
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:44 pm

if you are female you get to work with three men on a regular basis, and many more

:shock:
Paul

Postby tammylynn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Don't make it into something it was not intended to be trouble maker. I was just trying to come up with perks. :P
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:19 pm

:P
Paul

Postby JayZR2 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:00 pm

I thought Paul meant he would be excited to be working with 3 men..... :lol:
noun
JayZR2

Ok I'm back on with my Patriot ID

Postby PatriotJeep » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:26 pm

Now we have a real race! I look forward to talking to you all.
Someone wants Scotts job, I remember last time no one wanted it and he
did it again.
PatriotJeep

Postby tammylynn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:05 pm

JayZR2 wrote:I thought Paul meant he would be excited to be working with 3 men..... :lol:

Well seeing as how he is always saying on NEOW that he needs some action...maybe he is thinking of trying the other side of the fence. :lol:

Now get back on topic you two. Enough shenanigans. :twisted:
tammylynn

Postby nickwarchol » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:30 pm

I'll second Rich Banfield's nomination. (Or do I have to wait until November?)

Nick Warchol
Patriot Jeepers
nickwarchol

Postby tammylynn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:32 pm

No..you can second it now and it will be recorded.

Do we have a second for Jay's nomination?
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:17 pm

No, the nomination cannot be accepted or seconded until the November meeting per the bylaws.

However a person can declare their interest to run now :up:
Scott Hatch

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:21 pm

nickwarchol wrote:I'll second Rich Banfield's nomination. (Or do I have to wait until November?)

Nick Warchol
Patriot Jeepers

The nominations per the by-laws do not open until the November meeting when I as President call them open. So far we have 2 people interested in the position who can be nominated at the next meeting and if seconded voted on at the January meeting.

***A couple of notes.
-The NEA4WDC fiscal year ENDS on January 31

-The last meeting of the NEA's Fiscal Year is the first Saturday of January unless a conflict exists with the New Year holiday

-The second to last meeting is November

9.4.1. Executive Officers shall be elected annually by the Association's Delegates at the last BOD
meeting of the fiscal year.

9.4.1.1. Nominations for each executive Office shall be declared open by the President or acting chair
on the next to last meeting of the fiscal year.

9.4.1.2. Nominations will remain open until declared closed by the President or acting chair prior to
voting activity.

9.4.1.3. Nominations may be made only by current Delegates or existing Officers.

9.4.1.5. The Secretary will record all nominations that are accepted.

9.4.1.6. Elections shall be by a secret ballot for each executive Office in sequence: President, Vice
President, Treasure and Secretary.

9.4.1.7. The Secretary will read allowed the names of those accepted nominations prior to the vote for
each Office.
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:16 am

Scott Hatch wrote:Yes a second will be needed for a nomination but the nomination cannot occur until the November meeting when I declare the nominations open.

Sorry....I thought this post meant there could be a second now? I am totally confused. Now there is a question on the table as to whether or not someone from the same club as the person who has been nominated can make the second to the nomination or not?

I think for the sake of not embarrassing ourselves we should move this back to the Delegate area because we obviously need to brush up on our By-Laws knowledge...lol This is getting silly and it looks bad that we do not even know the procedure.

If I was someone reading this and I was thinking of running for an office I would be a little discouraged and maybe change my mind until we get our act together. I know there are rules but this is just getting silly. :)
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:12 am

I've been trying to clarify this with everyone in each of my posts

The nominations will not be open until the November meeting.

Right now people are only able to throw their hat in the ring
Scott Hatch

Postby maxhome » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:33 am

More from the bylaws:

Because only Delegates or officers can nominate and only delegates can vote then only delegates can second a nomination.

There is only ONE delegate from each club at a meeting.

A delegate cannot second his own motion or nomination.

Max
maxhome

Postby tammylynn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:15 pm

What if the Alternate Delegate is present? When we said Delegate-were we excluding Alternate Delegates?
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:18 pm

I think by definition the alternate takes place of the delegate if they are notable to attend therefor they are the "delegate".
noun
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Yeah I know what the Alternate is and does... :lol: I'm just asking in this specific case if an Alternate is present at the November meeting..could they second a nomination if the Main Delegate of their club has been nominated? I guess they wouldn't be able to by definition of being an Alternate.

My point is I am sure we originally set it up as the Delegate alone and not the Alternate so that someone could not second a nomination for someone in their own club. That way nobody could say there was a conspiracy or whatever you want to call it.

Whatever. It will all work out at the meeting. We'll read the names, someone will nominate them and someone will second them. Lets carry on. :lol:

Now...anyone after all this does anyone want to "throw their hat into the ring"? :evil:
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:29 pm

It'd be an easy win for you Tammy.

Landslide.

Rich and Jay would get no votes at all.

Think of all the men you could work with......

you know you want to girl.............
Paul

Next

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion