nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

NEA4WDC Main Website

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

NEA4WDC Main Website

Postby tammylynn » Fri May 09, 2008 1:34 pm

We have recently cleaned up the main NEA4WDC website and have updated it with new sections and new information. It is our goal to allow our members, and even prospective members and guests, to utilize the main website as an information source for the 4WD community. There is a ton of useful information there already but we can use your help to make additions and keep it updated.

Please don't hesitate to send us articles, suggestions, event info for the calendar, etc.

If you are a member of an NEA4WDC Member Club, please let us know if you do not have access to the File Cabinet section. I believe in most cases your log-in and password are the same as your log-in for the forum. I am sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong about that. :lol:

Thanks.
tammylynn

Re: NEA4WDC Main Website

Postby NelsonATC » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 am

I was trying to log in to the main site to access the file cabinet, but my log-in for this forum did not work.
Mike Nelson
Ocean State Jeepsters
NelsonATC

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm

its 2 different platforms so 2 different log ins
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 pm

tammylynn wrote:We have recently cleaned up the main NEA4WDC website and have updated it with new sections and new information. It is our goal to allow our members, and even prospective members and guests, to utilize the main website as an information source for the 4WD community. There is a ton of useful information there already but we can use your help to make additions and keep it updated.

Please don't hesitate to send us articles, suggestions, event info for the calendar, etc.

If you are a member of an NEA4WDC Member Club, please let us know if you do not have access to the File Cabinet section. I believe in most cases your log-in and password are the same as your log-in for the forum. I am sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong about that. :lol:

Thanks.

You may want to pull a couple of those back from general distribution....
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Is this the place where we can start a discussion about implementing a real document sharing system?
Eric

Postby BC » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:18 pm

I was wondering what you meant and what it would mean to us to have real document sharing? What would we accomplish with that? Just wondering.....
Brenda (BC) Churchill
Delegate to the Northeast Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs
Vermont Jeep Association former President, Vice President
Former NEA4WDC President
brickerjeeper@gmail.com
Fall Crawl: Always the weekend after Labor Day
BC

Postby tammylynn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Scott Hatch wrote:
tammylynn wrote:We have recently cleaned up the main NEA4WDC website and have updated it with new sections and new information. It is our goal to allow our members, and even prospective members and guests, to utilize the main website as an information source for the 4WD community. There is a ton of useful information there already but we can use your help to make additions and keep it updated.

Thanks.

You may want to pull a couple of those back from general distribution....

Huh?
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Scott means not everything in the file cabinet should be open access.

Mike, you need to register on the main site and I'll get your permissions set up.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby NelsonATC » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Just completed registration. Thanks for the help!
Mike Nelson
Ocean State Jeepsters
NelsonATC

Postby tammylynn » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 pm

I don't think I ever changed access levels on the file cabinet. I thought everything was already that way but people had to log-in to see it.
tammylynn

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:45 pm

JayZR2 wrote:Scott means not everything in the file cabinet should be open access.
What does "open access" mean? Seems like any member of the NEA should have access. Right?
Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm

BC wrote:I was wondering what you meant and what it would mean to us to have real document sharing? What would we accomplish with that? Just wondering.....

So that multiple people can work collaboratively when creating and maintaining the many documents that are needed to effectively run our business. Examples of such documents include:

1. By-laws
2. Brochures
3. Trail maps
4. Permission forms
5. Insurance forms
6. Presentations
7. Legislative form letters
8. Governance model for acquired land
9. Etc
10. Etc
11. Etc

Real file sharing means that the master copies are stored online in one and only place. People working on the documents can access and edit them over the web. The system allows only one person to edit the document at a time and keeps track of the revision history automatically. The system also supports access control which allows us to limit who can edit a given document (typically limited to the team tasked with developing or maintaining the document).

In my company we use Sharepoint but there must be some low-cost web-based operations that provide similar capabilities. Within OSJ we use Google sites but the problem with Google sites is that storage space is severely limited and there is no good check-in/check-out mechanism which prevents two people from editing the same document at the same time.
Eric

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion