nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Beginner 4wheeler looking for a start

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Beginner 4wheeler looking for a start

Postby CRob » Sun May 15, 2005 8:27 pm

I'm looking for a club to join or place to get started with off-roading. I don't have much experience and have only been a few times, but would like to get more into it. I own a stock 4Runner so would probably be limited to where I can go.

I'm in the Dover/Portsmouth, NH area, does anyone know of a good starting point? I checked out the list of clubs but didn't find one that seemed like a good fit, any suggestions? Thanks.
CRob

Postby Mikey » Sun May 15, 2005 8:41 pm

Why do you say they aren't a good fit?

I know NEWJO is very open to anyone - tooob buggies to straight off the lot stockers (some people don't even have rigs.) Tries to keep a family atmosphere.
They have an open house in June, all are welcome to attend. You can even go on a run as someone's guest if you want to see what it's all like before joining.
Mikey

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun May 15, 2005 11:24 pm

There is Yankee Yoys, they have lots of members with 4-runners.

Also NEWJO is open to all make and models 4x4s and have lots of stock rigs.

Scott
Scott Hatch

Postby rblank » Mon May 16, 2005 7:41 am

Yup, I recommend NEWJO for you as well. Great bunch of folks. Very friendly. Even though their name says it's Jeep focused, they have all types and makes of rigs.

Yankee Toys is also a good choice. Toyota specific, so you'll get a lot of knowledge.

I also recommend going to the NEWJO Spring Fling next month. Awesome time and you can meet a bunch of people from all kinds of clubs.
rblank

Postby KJP98TJ » Mon May 16, 2005 9:49 am

welcome. i also recommend NEWJO. they'll be close to you, are open to any rig and we have a full calendar already if you're looking for something to do.

www.newjo.org

the open house that's mentioned is June 11,12. check the events forum of the above link.
KJP98TJ

Postby Paul » Mon May 16, 2005 9:54 am

Bah!!!
Newjo is for nerds with TJ's.
Go with Yankee Toys! :P :P

Paul (New England Four Wheelers member) :D
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby jacodi » Mon May 16, 2005 1:15 pm

Welcome! I agree with what everyone (except Paul :P) says here. Check out NEWJO and our forum. Like kjp said, there is a lot going on this year, the first big thing being the open house. There are quite a few members (me being one of them) in the Dover/Portsmouth area. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to speak up. :)

Below is the link for the open house. Hope to see you there!
http://forum.newjo.org/index.php?showtopic=4496[/url]
jacodi

Postby Guest » Mon May 16, 2005 4:28 pm

You can also go to a open house this Sunday at Domenics Auto and Jeep. He is a memebr of DWE and there should be a bunch of clubs and even the NEA4WD there.

Domenics Auto and Jeep
http://www.domenicsautoandjeep.com

DWE
http://pub16.ezboard.com/bdeepwoodsextremeinc

Neow Events section with the Open House info
http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=37983

Mike

Postby Paul » Mon May 16, 2005 4:53 pm

Oh dear lord, don't send him to neow, he'll never be the same!!
:lol: :lol:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Re: Beginner 4wheeler looking for a start

Postby Shane » Wed May 18, 2005 10:28 am

CRob wrote:I'm looking for a club to join or place to get started with off-roading. I don't have much experience and have only been a few times, but would like to get more into it. I own a stock 4Runner so would probably be limited to where I can go.

I'm in the Dover/Portsmouth, NH area, does anyone know of a good starting point? I checked out the list of clubs but didn't find one that seemed like a good fit, any suggestions? Thanks.

You doing anything this weekend? I have a very easy going trip planned for Saturday as well as some camping at Pillsbury State Park.

Give me a holler at shane <nospam> @ <nospam>neow dot net....

shane
Your banner here. Reasonable Rates.
Shane

Postby lanefj40 » Fri May 20, 2005 6:05 am

I'm taking a few of the Yankee Toys people on a stock run sunday if you are interested.
Lane
74 Toyota FJ40
4" LIFT
36" Swampers
Locked front and rear
PS added, 4 wheel Discs added
lanefj40

Re: Beginner 4wheeler looking for a start

Postby Shane » Fri May 20, 2005 9:45 am

Shane wrote:
CRob wrote:I'm looking for a club to join or place to get started with off-roading. I don't have much experience and have only been a few times, but would like to get more into it. I own a stock 4Runner so would probably be limited to where I can go.

You doing anything this weekend? I have a very easy going trip planned for Saturday as well as some camping at Pillsbury State Park.

Give me a holler at shane <nospam> @ <nospam>neow dot net....

shane

Info on saturday-
http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=34610
Your banner here. Reasonable Rates.
Shane

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion