nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Team Xterra Racing Raising Money for the Off Road...

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Team Xterra Racing Raising Money for the Off Road...

Postby spalind » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Motorsports Hall of Fame in Reno, NV

PRESS RELEASE........

Team Xterra Racing will be earning money for the Off Road Motorsports Hall of Fame. At this years MINT 400 on March 28th, Team Xterra Racing and it's sponsors will be building funds with every mile the bright yellow #748 Nissan XterraRacer is able to complete during this event.

What a way to give back to all of those who have gave so much to this sport! With this years MINT 400 going back to the north side of Vegas and including some of original MINT 400 from yester year, being the most rugged terrain ever raced on. What a perfect place to make this happen. Joining with sponsors like GOODYEAR, KC HiLiTES, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, NATIONAL SPRINGS, NISSAN, SUPERIOR AXLE & GEAR, ENERGY SUSPENSION, SPAL FANS, SPEEDHUT GAUGES, HAWK PERFORMANCE, SUMMIT MACHINE and DJ SAFETY. Just look at those names.... Most of them were sponsors at the the original MINT 400. They are still here and still taking care of the desert racers. Join with us and help cheer Team Xterra Racing on in this effort.

If you would like to pledge $$ per mile contact djblakely1@msn.com

http://www.teamxterraracing.com

http://www.ormhof.com

As an FYI, this is a desert racing team I head out to Vegas for a few times a year to co-drive for and run as part of a chase team for. It is a completely legit effort to raise money for the ORMHOF which is a pretty cool museum in Reno if you ever get the chance to go there. Inductees represented in the museum include Steve McQueen, Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepek, Rod Hall, Walker Evans, James Garner amongst the names you may recognize and includes numerous vehicle displays...any questions, please either PM me, email the team owner Dave as noted above or the executive director of the ORMHOF Bob Bower at his contact info listed on the ORMHOF site. Thanks. So far we are up to $1.20 a mile which would be $480 if the race vehicle finishes all 400 miles..
spalind

Re: Team Xterra Racing Raising Money for the Off Road...

Postby Fezzik » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:35 am

Posted on NEZR2
-Karl
Delegate NEZR2, INC

09 WK D/D
Found a trail rig, :twisted:
88 MJ now need to build it
Fezzik

Re: Team Xterra Racing Raising Money for the Off Road...

Postby spalind » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 am

Fezzik wrote:Posted on NEZR2

Greatly appreciated!! Here is the response I got from Bob Bower the executive director in regards to my .10 cent per mile pledge...

"Hey Dan,
No kidding, thanks for the support with your pledge, and for the good natured hype to get more people involved.

Some people probably think the Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame is like a big mega company with tall buildings and staff to run for coffee. Well, it's not that. We have 1300 sq.ft. in the National Automobile Museum in Reno for our exhibit. Rod Hall and I are doing our best to establish it as a permanent showcase for the heritage of off-road motorsports. Not just racing, but all off-roaders. Trail guys, rally guys, sand guys, and the other segments that really are off-roaders.

We are conservative with old school ways. That means we do our best to operate the thing with honesty and integrity. We would rather be debt free than coated in chrome. So, when a fella says he'll pitch in $0.10 per mile for someone on the other side of the country, it's important. That's forty bucks! It matters. It's huge.

The form is for you to fill out and fax back. You could mail it back too if you fill it out after Sunday. Either way, we appreciate you making the contribution. I promise you, your dollars are just as important to us as they are to you."
spalind

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion