nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

4wd offroad registration (like atv's)

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

4wd offroad registration (like atv's)

Postby Scott SKEETER Brown » Thu May 19, 2005 8:59 am

Anybody researched how to "get on board" with a registration program similiar to snowmobiles and atv's in ANY state?

Seems to me that we cant seem to get anybody concerned about us because we dont contribute directly to the program. State of Maine seems to all of a sudden be bending over backwards for atv's and new land/trails. Mostly up north so I am told. Someone provided them with and economic impact in the $200M range for atv's and atv's are out selling snowmobiles 3-1. Snowmobiles have an estimated $400M impact currently on the economy. 3-1 ratio means atv's will pass sled shortly.

Funny what can be done once you hire a lobbiest. And yes I have been hobnobbing with the atv group just recently-hence all my (hopefully correct) info.

So my question is.........Has anyone actually spent time on researching how we get included in the process? I might be able to get a Maine legislature' reps ear throught the same process we just did for the ABS & lift laws. Might be able to get the same person to sponser a bill once we are ready.
SKEETER
Scott Brown

NEWJO Maine
Overland Jeepers of Maine
Scott SKEETER Brown
Site Admin

Postby Treasurer » Thu May 19, 2005 12:15 pm

We want to have a sticker program in NH, but we do not have anyone to sponsor a bill and lobby for the passing of the bill.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby preach » Thu May 19, 2005 1:46 pm

Treasurer wrote:We want to have a sticker program in NH, but we do not have anyone to sponsor a bill and lobby for the passing of the bill.

Maybe this fall I should blow off running for Strafford Co. Sherrif and head to the house on the Recreationalist ticket. :lol:
NEWJO
preach

Postby Treasurer » Thu May 19, 2005 1:47 pm

Go for it.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu May 19, 2005 1:55 pm

Like Steve said it needs to go through legislation to develop a sticker program from state to state.

Scott
Scott Hatch

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion