nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Benefit Dinner

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Benefit Dinner

Postby axle » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm

This is for Roger Blank and his wife & kids, who recently had a fire in thier apartment building and lost all thier stuff.(no insurance) They are all fine, but need to replace thier belongings. For those who don't know Roger, he has been an active member of the NEA for years! Besides, its macaroni & meatballs!

Macaroni & Meatball Supper
Saturday, May 2nd 2009 4 - 7 pm
Fire Station #3
3 Vernon St.
Warren, RI 02885

Donation $7 per person

Tickets are available by calling Roger at 401-261-0005, his parents at 401-253-5481, or at the door.

You can check out this thread
http://summitcrawlers.com/forums/index. ... =1051&st=0
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby JayZR2 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Convoy from the Cape to Warren......
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Sounds good to me.
tammylynn

Postby Cookiemanx7 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:24 pm

I know they didn't have insurance but if its not already to late, I work for a disaster restoration company, specializing in Flood, Mold and FIRE.

If they had anything they wanted cleaned I could try to salvage some things for them.

I'm also Planing to attend.
John Price

President of South Shore Wheelers
OSJ
UFWD Volunteer Trail Patrol
Mohawk 4X4 Adventures
Cookiemanx7

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:46 am

Were they able to get any assistance through the Red Cross or the Salvation Army? There are a lot of disaster relief agencies out there...
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby rblank » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

Thank you Bob. :)

As Bob said, everyone is ok, including the animals. We're staying at my parents for the time being until we find a new place. The hot tub and food makes it a little easier. :mrgreen:

John, thanks for the offer to help clean up. We've actually managed to salvage a good portion of our personal items and mementos. It's the larger and soft furniture that was trashed (couch, chairs, mattresses, etc) Heidi is very allergic to mold, so we figured it would just be safer to replace those items rather than try to clean them.

The Red Cross gave us a limited use credit card to buy some food, and would have put us up in a hotel if I had asked. But my parents have been great (as well as everyone else) and we figured it would be a little more comfortable than a hotel. Plus with all the animals it's tough to stay in a hotel and board the pets. Besides, with the rash of fires in RI lately, the Red Cross's resuorces are dwindling rapidly, so I didn't want to tax the system unnecessarily.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Posted BSJ. I'll be picking up a couple tickets from your father (at work) but unfortunately I am unable to attend, figures too as I am only down the street.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby rblank » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:37 pm

So, here?s an update for people on a few different areas.

1. There are still plenty of tickets available for the pasta dinner next Saturday night. You can pay at the door, but please at least call my dad and let him know you?re coming so we can make sure we have enough food.

2. The benefit account will be set up by the end of the weekend. Checks can be made out to the Roger Blank Jr Family fund. Donations can be mailed to either:

Roger Blank Jr Family Fund
c/o Theresa Blank
119 Mulberry Rd.
Bristol, RI 02809
Phone: 401-253-5481

Or

Roger Blank Jr Family Fund
c/o Sovereign Bank
1146 Hope St
Bristol, RI 02809
Phone: 401-253-5350

3. Heidi?s still having a difficult time finding a job, although she has been on a few interviews at least. However, it?s hard to get a rental or get pre-approved for a mortgage with no job. But in the meantime, we?re going to rent a storage bin in the next few weeks and start moving some things in there. We?ll also start getting in touch with people about their very generous offers that were extended to us.

Overall we?re doing ok. Personally, I?m taking a mental beating with all the worrying I?m doing, Heidi?s frustrated at the lack of work and getting VERY bored at home. The kids have adjusted rather well actually. Just thought I?d give a bit of an update to let people that are curious know what was going on. :)
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby axle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:26 pm

My wife and I will be there Roger. I called your dad's # but no one answered.
axle

Postby rblank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 am

How many Bob, and I'll make sure I set them aside for you.
rblank

Postby JayZR2 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:09 am

I'll be heading over after the NEA meeting too. Me and all my friends. So 1 ticket. :lol:
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby bass4runner » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:01 am

Posted on Nexterra.
Ernie Leland..Middletown R.I.
NEXterra - North East Xterra Club
NEX - Club Officer , Events Coordinator
NEA Alt. Delagate
bass4runner
Director @ Large

Re: Benefit Dinner

Postby rroadkilll » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Posted on SSW
Member of:
www.4X4HIM.org - NE Chapter Coordinator
www.SouthShoreWheelers.org - (VP 08-09)
www.NEA4wd.org - Delegate
www.MilitaryJeepers.com
www.NEXterra.org

MOVING TO NC IN JUNE!!!
rroadkilll

Postby axle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 am

Just the 2 of us Roger.
axle

Postby tammylynn » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:09 am

I'm coming too Roger. Just me but I will donate the $ for Roy and Emma. They'll be there in spirit. :)
Last edited by tammylynn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Thank you everyone.

4 more reserved....check.
rblank

Postby Ryan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Roger add one more
Freedom Trail Riders
Ryan Schneider
Delegate
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby rblank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:20 pm

gotcha Ryan :up:
rblank

Postby ChrisD » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 am

Two more if you're still doing it via the innerwebs. :lol:
VP NEZR2, Inc.
ChrisD

Postby rblank » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:52 am

No problem Chris.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Sun May 03, 2009 6:53 am

I think Roger and family had a good turnout yesterday! Fun times and good to sit and relax with some friends. :D Even though some of them failed to mention the ping pong and pool upstairs until after they had played. :poke: Guess they just didn't want me to show them up.
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:21 pm

I had a good time too. I was unaware of said games until I read Tammy's post. That is just unacceptable.

I want to thank the delegates for participating in the 50/50 raffle we had at the meeting. We were able to give Rogers family a healthy donation.
Also Congrats to Chip from B4W for winning the other half.
noun
JayZR2

Postby rblank » Mon May 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Yes Tammy, we did have a VERY good turnout, in fact, we figured we fed about 240 people. The upstairs wasn't "officially"open. It was actually more to keep some of the voulnteers kids occupied for the afternoon. I apologize though.

Heidi and I want to thank everyone for their support. I know that I can be a PITA most of the time, but it's heartwarming to know that you all think enough of Heidi to not only attend, but to fill an entire table. :lol: Just the ability to see people I don't see as often as I'd like was enough for me, and your generosity was overwhelming.

I especially want to thank all who attended this weekends meeting and participated in the 50/50 raffle, and congrats to Chip. Hopefully this makes up for getting lost at Dave and Buster's the last meeting you went to.
rblank

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion