nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

GAJR Update

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

GAJR Update

Postby Scott » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi All, The big show is only a month away and on par to be the best yet. With the current economy (although they say it's showing signs of recovery) we thought it may be hard to get raffle items, vendors and sponsors, Boy were we wrong. Most of the past sponsors and vendors are returning. Including Elias 4wd center, Lou has generously donated another set of Interco tires for the raffle and he'll be there with his huge tent full of stuff., Clayton off road mfg. and Dr Custom Werx have generously donated funds so we can have Ian Johnson from Xtreme 4x4 attend the whole day and be hanging at the Clayton and Dr custom booths. BF Goodrich has donated another set of tires to raffle off. ARB has donated a gift certificate. Mark A Smith's Jeep Jamboree has donated a couple books to raffle off. PitBull tires has donated (25) 25% off gift certificates for the raffle along with some coozies for the goodie bags. HiLift donated some handle isolators and jack covers for the raffle. Bushwacker has donated a set of flairs for any type of vehicle (gift certificate for the set). Meguiars Car Care Products has donated stuff for the goodie bags. Bono Innovations and their really cool new product the HighRoller Jeep skid will be in attendance. 4x4 group buy will be there. Metro Jeep/ Chrysler has donated generously and will be at the show. All Things Jeep has made a big investment and will be selling the new GAJR T-shirts featuring the t-shirt contest art. They'll be there selling them along with all the other really cool stuff they sell. NE Jeepz has agreed to "Sponsor" the Rally for 2009, This sponsorship allows us to obtain insurance through the NEA. Thanks Guys!!! ;)
Hopefully I haven't left anyone out, More may be coming to the show but haven't signed on yet. For an timely update of sponsors and vendors visit the forum; [url="http://www.jeeprally.org/forum/index.php/topic,229.0.html"]http://www.jeeprally.org/forum/index.php/topic,229.0.html[/url]

We're also planning a swap meet! If you have a bunch of junk your significant other wants out of the yard you can register by sending me an e-mail at jeeprally@comcast.net. We'll require a deposit that you'll get back if you clean up your unsold junk.

We're planning on something new this year, An obstacle course across the street for Stock or Modified Jeeps to play on.

Of course there's the Rocks!!! :D

Got an RC?? Bring it, we'll have a cool (bigger than last years dirt pile) rock garden set up for you or your kids to play on. This area is the only exception to the "Jeep Only" requirement we'll make. Any Make RC! Bring it ON!!! ;)

New to the entertainment this year will be TWO Emcee's. Scott Hatch will be at the main mic DJ station with DJ Scott Jones and Rich Gurska at the mic down at the rock garden introducing all the participants.

Did I mention Ian Johnson is going to be at the Rally! ;D

There is SO MUCH that's going on I could go on and on and on and on but telling you everything would ruin the surprise! ;)

Tell your friends, tell the person parked next to you in a Jeep at the grocery store even if they have a stock mall crawler. We want to see if we can outdo last years attendance of ~620 Jeeps.

Oh, the bigger better parking area, You know, that big hill we have never used. Guess what... We're parking all the Jeeps there! What a picture that's going to make. Imaging if we could get everyone to their jeeps at one time to take a picture with everyone waving. COOL!!! :D We'll see if we can do it. Anyway, this new parking arrangement will definatly help get all the Jeeps in quicker, be safer and less dusty.

Thanks all, Hope to see everyone there! 8-)

Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Re: GAJR Update

Postby tammylynn » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Scott wrote:New to the entertainment this year will be TWO Emcee's. Scott Hatch will be at the main mic DJ station with DJ Scott Jones and Rich Gurska at the mic down at the rock garden introducing all the participants.

Does that mean Scott will be spinning the tunes?
tammylynn

Postby Scott » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Scott Jones will be spinning the tunes. Mr Hatch will be a PITA to Mr Jones constantly asking for hippie music (I'm going on a hunch here) :lol:

Mr Jones has quite the selection of tunes on his computer, some crazy number of songs for every occasion. He can also download music on site also. Mr Hatch will simply TALK. :P
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby dollafab » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Yeah?? No "frestyle" from Mr Hatch? :lol:
dollafab

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:38 am

I don't think the majority of people would like my choice of music...

Tool, Sepultura, Obituriary, SLayer, etc :lol:
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby Zaedock » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 am

Scott Hatch wrote:I don't think the majority of people would like my choice of music...

Slayer :hello: ...South of Heaven...

An unforeseen future nestled somewhere in time.
Unsuspecting victims no warnings, no signs.
Judgment day the second coming arrives.
Before you see the light you must die.

Forgotten children, conform a new faith,
Avidity and lust controlled by hate.
the never ending search for your shattered sanity,
Souls of damnation in their own reality.

Chaos rampant,
An age of distrust.
Confrontations.
Impulsive sabbath.

On and on, south of heaven.....
Zaedock

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 am

Scott Hatch wrote:I don't think the majority of people would like my choice of music...

Roots, bloody roots...

Sounds good to me. I had Pantera, Sacred Reich, Metallica (ride the lightning) and Mr. Bungle for tunes yesterday.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion