nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

NEA4WDC Director of Public Relations Position...

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

NEA4WDC Director of Public Relations Position...

Postby k29398 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just joined after learning about this forum over on NEXterra.org and I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I also have a question that I hope folks here can help me with. After checking out the NEA4WDC site I came across a position with that I am interested in:

http://www.nea4wd.org/articles/index.cf ... CLE_ID=274

Does anyone know if this is still an open position? There's no posting date, and I'm not sure if this is a paid or volunteer position (guessing volunteer) since I haven't heard back from the info@ general e-mail box after sending a message about a week or so ago.

Any info that can be shared is greatly appreciated!

Erik
k29398

Postby Paul » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:23 pm

:wave:

Welcome!
We can use all the help we can get. We need some organization and a plan of attack. I would get subscribed to the strategic planning section of the board to get some history on the latest goings-on there. That might give you an indicator of what is ahead. Probably a great place to start. Tammy the VP has also worked on a lot of what we have for a PR department, I would defer to her as to what we really need.

We are all volunteers here, we do what we can, when we can.
:paul:
Treasurer
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby tammylynn » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi Erik and welcome. I did receive your e-mail the other day and I passed it on to Jay Ghelli, JayZR2 to discuss the PR position with you. As far as I know the position is still open. The position is volunteer as with most positions here but Jay can discuss the options as far as travel and attending events. The job description pretty well outlines what we are looking for and what the position entails.
tammylynn

Postby k29398 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:51 pm

tammylynn wrote:Hi Erik and welcome. I did receive your e-mail the other day and I passed it on to Jay Ghelli, JayZR2 to discuss the PR position with you. As far as I know the position is still open. The position is volunteer as with most positions here but Jay can discuss the options as far as travel and attending events. The job description pretty well outlines what we are looking for and what the position entails.

Hi Paul and Tammy,

Thank you for the welcome and the info.

I'll wait for Jay to get in touch with me to discuss since I have a good number of questions about the position, NEA and the local 4x4 community in general to get a better sense of what this position would entail.

Looking forward to meeting you both on a trail run sometime.

Erik
k29398

Postby JayZR2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Sh!t. I got the email Tammy forwarded to me and spaced it.

Erik you can give me a call anytime to discuss the position. (508) 733 - 7112.

I will warn you in advance I'm up to my neck in Fall crawl prep right now so it might take me a little while to get back to you.

j
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby JayZR2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

I knew this guy had posted here. :lol:

I will be contacting him today to answers his questions and hopefully start the ball rolling on getting the PR position filled.
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:11 pm

:up: :wave:
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:13 am

Scott Hatch wrote::up: :wave:

x2
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby JayZR2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 am

Hi Jason,

No worries on the delay. Sounds like we both had a lot going on that kept us from catching up on this.

I am still very interested in helping with this position.

I do have some questions that hopefully you can help answer since the scope of the position sounded quite a bit more extensive based on the description that's posted. I just want to be sure I understand the expectations and maybe give some thoughts on some strategic and tactical elements that might help move NEA's mission forward beyond just issuing news releases.

I am traveling for work this week and unfortunately won?t have much time to sync up with you, but let me know if you have some time this weekend for us to catch up. Thanks!

Erik
noun
JayZR2

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion