nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

The Loss of a Good Friend...

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

The Loss of a Good Friend...

Postby tammylynn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Sadness fills the hearts of many today as we learn of the passing of a dear friend and supporter of both the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc. and the four-wheeling community as a whole.

Norman Wnuk, owner of All Things Jeep which is an original Supporting Business Member of the NEA4WDC, passed suddenly on Friday evening due to a massive heart attack shortly after having dinner with his family. The following is a quote from the Allthingsjeep.com Facebook site, "The founder & owner of All Things Jeep passed away Friday night completely unexpectedly. He was 44. Norman lived his life fully and passionately. He had dreams and determination and every dream he had, he set out to achieve. One of his biggest dreams was to build a successful Jeep business and he accomplished that dream. If he had known he was going to die so early, I don't think he would have changed anything he did. All Things Jeep will go on. Because of all of you, and as a tribute to Norman." The words are posted underneath a picture of Norm's orange Scrambler at the 2009 All Things Jeep Go Topless Day. All Things Jeep recently celebrated their six year anniversary and has continued to thrive during hard economic times when most online ventures have seen devastating loss.

Norman was one of the longest standing members of NE4Wi and was very influential in the foundation of the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc. He had a passion for wheeling, he was extremely devoted to his beautiful wife Jean and their two daughters.

The NEA4WDC will always be thankful for the more than generous donations All Things Jeep has made to our sport throughout the years and we will continue to be supportive of both All Things Jeep and the Wnuk family. There are already threads posted on other online forums but we open this thread to anyone who would like to share their thoughts and memories.
tammylynn

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:05 pm

It's amazing how when things like this happen to people like Norm, whom I didn't know very well I find myself saying wow, wish I knew him better. From what I do know he was a great guy that started a great company. May his memory live on through All Things Jeep and beyond. I wish his family the best and my sincere condolences.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby axle » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Very sad. :( will we send something from the NEA?
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby JayZR2 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:09 pm

:cry: Norm was a great guy. His memory will live on.
I'm sure Shane was there to meet him at the gate and show him where the good trails are.

Yes the NEA will be doing something in his memory.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:42 pm

I've known Norm since I joined New England 4 Wheelers way make in early '95. We've had many good times together, drank somebeers around the fire, and had many interesting times together. Norm was a huge help in the early days of the NEA until ATJ took off. Norm WAS the longest running single member of New England,

New England 4 Wheelers had our BOD meeting, too say that Norm was in our thoughts the entire time is an understatement. We at New England 4 Wheelers have a couple of things in the works to remember Norm by. The first was naming a trail at Wayne's World after Norm. The far side of the property (WEST) we are calling "The Wnuk". Another thing is giving Jean and family a lifetime membership to New England 4 Wheelers.

For Jean to have the presence of mind to send an email to the members of New England 4 Wheelers of the news that he wouldn't make the meeting was unbelievable. It also shows how important the 4wheeling, Jeeps, and the club was to Norm.

He will be missed....so many great memories :cry:
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby Smtty58 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:51 pm

My prayers go out to Norm and his family. Although I never met him, I was aware of the great contribution ATJ makes to our sport. He will be missed.
Director at Large- Western Mass. 4x4
NEA Delegate
Smtty58

Postby Joseph Levanti » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Prayers for Norm and his family. My his memory and efforts continue on.
Joe Levanti
Mohawk 4x4
jsjalm@msn.com
Recreation rejuventes the heart and soul
Joseph Levanti

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Sent by Jean...

Just in case I can catch u before or during mtg, we r doing a celebration of Normans life (no funeral services)on Tuesday 24th from 4 until 8pm at apple hill farm in leominster. Find address here www.applehillcc.com or 978.466.7804. It's open house style. Let's see how many Jeeps we can get there. thanks guys. Jean
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby Zaedock » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:46 pm

I had a chance to catch up with Norm at the Fall Crawl. We talked buggy 'til 2-3 o'clock in the morning. It was always good to see him.

What's best in you will live on with us.
Zaedock

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 am

Scott Hatch wrote:Sent by Jean...

Just in case I can catch u before or during mtg, we r doing a celebration of Normans life (no funeral services)on Tuesday 24th from 4 until 8pm at apple hill farm in leominster. Find address here www.applehillcc.com or 978.466.7804. It's open house style. Let's see how many Jeeps we can get there. thanks guys. Jean

Is this info Okay to pass along on the club forums?
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby All Things Jeep » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 am

YES. (Thank you everyone.)

Please pass this on to anyone you think should know about this (and I don't have email for a lot of people we love, so when in doubt - pass it on) and please feel free to join us at any point in the evening. This is an informal event - no ties or pantyhose please! Just come as you are and bring memories and positive energy for us. And we'd love it if you wanted to share any memories. Norman will be there in spirit and will be grateful that we are doing it his way.

Here's the scoop.

A celebration of Norman's Life

Tuesday, Nov 24th 4pm - 8pm Apple Hill Country Club - 143 Joslin Street - Leominster, MA 01453 - phone 978-466-7804
(it's a big old farmhouse / barn at the top of the hill. )

Directions:
From Route 2, Take exit 32 for MA-13 toward Leominster/Lunenburg

Merge onto Mead St (you exit onto it)

In a few seconds, Turn right at Main St

In just about 1 mile, Turn right at Day St

In just under a mile, Take the 1st right onto Joslin St

Destination will be on the left at the top of the hill.

jean
Jean
All Things Jeep
www.allthingsjeep.com
Cool gifts & accessories for Jeep & Off-Road enthusiasts
All Things Jeep

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:40 am

Day Street is the fourth light on Main Street, Leominster from exit 32.

If you come from the west on Rt 2, exit at State Police Barracks before the giant Cinema sign. Stay to the right at the light. Right at the next light. Cross over Rt 2. Day St is the 4th light from there.

Bring your Jeeps and 4x4s. While Norman was first and foremost a Jeep guy, he started wheeling in an Isuzu and had a love for all 4x4s, big and small.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby tammylynn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:59 am

axle wrote:Very sad. :( will we send something from the NEA?

We're just waiting to see whether or not the family was going to set up anything specific for donations and services.
tammylynn

Postby axle » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 am

:up:
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Pat C » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:41 pm

My sincere condolences to Jean and her daughters. Norman will be greatly missed by so many.
Pat Charron
Baystate Jeepers
Pat C

Postby PatriotJeep » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:51 pm

I knew Norm for a long time even before he was a Jeep guy.
He will be missed.
PatriotJeep

Postby barefootbob » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't know him but my heart goes out to his family. I can say that I have always had a superb experience with All Things Jeep and I am sure this was a direct result of Norm's influence, so in a small way I feel like I kind of know what type of a man he was.
member SSW
barefootbob

Postby smileyfish » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:53 pm

i only stayed for about 1/2 hr, it was starting to get crowded. huge turnout, line was out the door when i left. jean was in good spirits, all things concidered.
smileyfish

Postby tsjnt » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

I didnt know norm at all but my thoughts go out to his family, It is a sad day for the wheeling community to lose someone with that much passion for the sport.

wheel on
Tom
Twin State Jeeps N' Things Pres.
www.twinstatejeepsnthings.com
thjt2000@hotmail.com
82cj/00tj hybrid on 35s snorkel, locked and loaded, tube fenders
tsjnt

Postby PatriotJeep » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

It was good to see some old faces and remember Norm. People talked about his life and his love of people and Jeeps. :cry:
PatriotJeep

Postby tammylynn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 am

PatriotJeep wrote:It was good to see some old faces and remember Norm. People talked about his life and his love of people and Jeeps. :cry:

x2. Last night was definitely the way Norm would've wanted it. The stories shared both in front of everyone and amongst private conversations brought some closure. Times like this just remind me what a group of genuine people we really have in this "community" and I am happy to call so many of them friends.
tammylynn

Postby PatriotJeep » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:07 pm

I don't know if this is the place to post but. How about maybe having
a remember them page. Shane, Adam, Norm. Keep the spirt of them alive, maybe a picture.
PatriotJeep

Postby tammylynn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:28 pm

That's not a bad idea. :shock:
tammylynn

Postby rroadkilll » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:53 am

I just found out of this loss...

Wish I could have made it Tuesday night...

The Family will be in our prayers from 4X4HIM.org and ChristianCrawlers.org
rroadkilll

Postby PatriotJeep » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:34 am

maybe call it" we will not forget you" section? I did not know Shane
I knew of him sounds like a great guy from what I heard. I knew Adam
and Norm. they all died to young.
PatriotJeep

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Don't forget Pete Gonchar from FTR
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby Zaedock » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Roy Arruda from Baystate too.

We'll have to compile a list.
Zaedock

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:15 am

Adam ___ from baystate passed away last year, he was from Athol, MA.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby Zaedock » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 am

mrfreakinwhite wrote:Adam ___ from baystate passed away last year, he was from Athol, MA.

Adam Hamel. He had a cool "throttle down" wheeling style that was b!tch'n to watch.

Karl Kiklis was a BSJ member too. He was one of those big, funny dudes who always had a smile.
Zaedock

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion