nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Molly Bish Ride

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Molly Bish Ride

Postby navman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 pm

My girlfriend is part of the organizing comittee for the annual Molly Bish Ride. This ride was originally intended for motorcycles, but I'm sure if another large group was willing to run with them, they would be welcome. Before I have Cindy ask the comittee for us to be included in this, is there any interest in adding a "jeep/4x4" group? If so please try to give a rough guestimate of how many. I would like to be able to give some type of idea to her. The ride is Sunday, June 27th 2010. It is starting in Sturbridge Ma. Here is the link http://www.rideformolly.org/index.html Thank you
Mark
WM4x4
navman

Postby JayZR2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

For those that don't know:

Molly Anne Bish (August 2, 1983 - June 27, 2000) was a sixteen-year-old girl from Warren, Massachusetts who was abducted and then murdered while working as a lifeguard in rural Massachusetts. Her body was found three years later after the largest search in the history of Massachusetts.

More about Molly
Last edited by JayZR2 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby navman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Thank you for adding that Jay, it was/is a sad tragedy. I'm sure everyone from the central mass area has heard this, sorry for not posting more info for those that aren't local.
Mark
WM4x4
navman

Postby JayZR2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 pm

I agree 100%. We also have a alot of younger people who might not remember 2000. :lol: Damn I'm old.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Ryan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 pm

I would be in for this!! I think it is a great idea!!!
Freedom Trail Riders
Ryan Schneider
Delegate
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Zaedock » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 am

We're acquainted with the Bish's. I go to the ride every year. Not on a bike, but sometimes we've taken the Jeep and hung around talking to friends w/ bikes.
The stunt show is awesome too.

It's a great time and an excellent way to give support.
Zaedock

Postby Pat C » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Is it a predetermined route that starts and returns to Sturbridge?

I would defintely be interested in helping to organize a Jeep group.

I would be hard to give you an estimate of numbers now. Maybe it would work better if Cindy asked the committee for an ok and then we can start planning from there knowing we are welcome.
Pat Charron
Baystate Jeepers
Pat C

Postby navman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 am

Yes it is a predetermined route, its on the link in the first post. This has always been just a motorcycle ride for the last ten years, so I didn't want to ask about changing this for the sake of ten jeeps showing up. Last year it poured and 500 bikes still showed up.
Mark
WM4x4
navman

Postby bigdaddee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 am

As I told you Mark, I wouldf definately be in and I think if we could get together a bunch more jeeps they wouldn't mind us bringing up the tail end of the ride. Great cause & would love to see a good club support from all who could attend that wheel registered jeeps
83' Jeep CJ7
7 1/2" Lift
36x12.5x15 TSL's
Str8 six
custom cage
D30/AMC20 Locked/Locked

"Green with Envy"
bigdaddee

Postby navman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:17 pm

The addition of jeeps has been brought to the table. Right now there is some discussion of whether to have the jeeps in the actual run, or part of the after run gathering which also has many old cars etc. I will keep everyone informed as I get more news.
Mark
WM4x4
navman

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion