nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

NEA or others with access to a large field or gravel area?

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

NEA or others with access to a large field or gravel area?

Postby spalind » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 pm

As a member here, with NEXterra and the SCCA I had a particular question. Through my Rallycross events with the SCCA I am always hearing that they need more locations to run their events which involve running passenger vehicles (for the most part, I run my truck) over a grass, dirt, gravel, etc. surface around a prelaid course with the fastest being the winner in the different classes. Which brings me here...

The SCCA pays pretty darn good money to places like the Rochester Fairgrounds, The Lodge at Belmont, etc., charging anywhere from $45 to $75 a head with an average of 70 competitors for each event (you do the math and guess at how much goes into the SCCA coffers and how much goes to the facility). Given the amount of land the NEA and other clubs here have access to I figured I'd ask here if anyone has access to some relatively flat, non-rockcrawling land (think gravel pit or horse farm) that they could see the SCCA using in exchange for money to the NEA or club or landowner please let me know and I will get the head of the New England SCCA Rallycross group in contact with you...

I see it as a win win...the NEA or other club or landowner could get some needed cash inflow and the SCCA could get a dependable area to run its rallycross events at (something desperately needed).

Thanks for your time.
spalind

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion