nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Search and Rescue+++? Please read

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Search and Rescue+++? Please read

Postby Scott SKEETER Brown » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:59 pm

Today I met Jeff Gosselin, Deputy Chief of the York County Emergency Response Rescue Team. This is Maine's southern most county. As I was with the family I was unable to spend a lot of time with him but introduced myself as Pres. of NEWJO-Maine and expressed my/our desire to add in Search and Rescue as well as possibly other area's of Emergency Response. He was definately interested in getting together to find out more about us.

By the way he said that there is federal funding available to help us towards this goal!! Also talked about CERT training. It sounds like it shares a fair amount of the same training as Master Trainers in sport. I will post more about CERT in a different post.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience in this?
SKEETER
Scott Brown

NEWJO Maine
Overland Jeepers of Maine
Scott SKEETER Brown
Site Admin

Postby jacodi » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:57 am

No experience with this, but I think it's pretty GD cool. Perhaps you can follow up with him and set up a formal meeting?
jacodi

Postby Scott SKEETER Brown » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:16 pm

I forget where I post all my info. Somewhere (NEWJO maybe) I posted that I was going to set a meeting with him and determine if a club and/or NEA assoc meeting would be appropiate. I expect it would, but need more info to make sure he and I are on the same page. Will keep updated.
SKEETER
Scott Brown

NEWJO Maine
Overland Jeepers of Maine
Scott SKEETER Brown
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion