nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

New Trail Party Voting Information

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

New Trail Party Voting Information

Postby tammylynn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Finally a resource to know which candidates support our sport and recreation in general. I have been waiting for something like this for quite awhile!

The ?Trail Party? is a new politically active online ?party? designed to help the OHV/motorized access recreationists figure out how to vote to keep our trails open and our sports alive. The Trail Party has one main goal in 2010 and that is to stop the House (under DEM control) Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands from promoting the anti-OHV agenda of the so-called environmental movement. As some of you know, that committee has held a number of very anti-OHV hearings which they use to promote the closure agenda of the anti-access enviros.

The Trail Party has produced (and is growing) a Voter?s Guide to give us on the ground advice about candidates who do or do not support our access to motorized recreational opportunities. Founded by Don Amador, noted recreation advocate with 20 years of land-use experience.

You can get voter information or add to the list of candidates/measures by checking this out. http://trailpartyvotersguide.blogspot.com/

You can email directly with Don Amador at damador@cwo.com

Make sure you?re an ORV ? Off Road Voter ? on Nov. 2nd. Join the Trail Party and keep up with Don?s blog.

Del

Del Albright

Recreation Advocate; Trail Ambassador; Off Road Voter
tammylynn

Postby RTrac1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm

kind of hard to follow the blog style layout...
does it address any races in this neck of the woods?

Im gonna get a couple of those free "I offroad and I vote" stickers 8)
'88 Zuk
Northeast Toyota Crawlers
RTrac1

Postby tammylynn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I haven't had time to really review it yet...I just wanted to get the link out there. :oops:
But everyone should grab the free stickers. :)
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I saw this too, and read over some of the posts. Unfortunately for us, this seems to focus mostly on California elections, but the premise is the same across the nation. Maybe with some urging, Don could expand the "Trail Party" to nationwide, although probably not in enough time for this year.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:40 pm

rblank wrote: Maybe with some urging, Don could expand the "Trail Party" to nationwide, although probably not in enough time for this year.

Eggsalad idea Dr. Blank. :)
Nonetheless, this is a start and something that others can build off of for their respective areas. I've always wanted to vote for the right people with regards to our sport but never really knew where to start. I believe the idea with Don creating this blog is for others to chime in for their areas.
tammylynn

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm

The SEMA website also has a section listing state/federal legistlators that support "the hobby":

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61681

Of course in this context wheeling is just a subset of "the hobby". Interesting that John Kerry is the only New England legislator in the caucus. Ugh.
Eric

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion