nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

opinions wanted

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

opinions wanted

Postby axle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:45 pm

NEJZ recently had a new forum member (not club member) post some questionable photos. I feel we handled it fine, but some think we should have done different. take a peek, and let me know what you think.
http://newenglandjeepz.org/forum/photo- ... s-stuckkk/
thanks!
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby SnowJeeper » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:24 am

Sorry, but I agree with Todd 100%

If it was on our forum, his post would have been edited with a message similar to heyzipupyourfly post, it would have then been locked and a PM sent to the OP to personally let him know why his post was edited, and to issue a warning for further posts of the nature. At the absolute minimum, I would remove the photos from the post.

Please read the rules before posting pictures. Please do not post any photos that are or could appear to be illegal, or that give a poor image of our sport. If you would like to learn more about legal wheeling, please consider joining our club or another from the NEA4WDC that may suit you needs. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other officers of the club.

Thanks
Matt G.

Green Mt Crawlers - President
Summit Crawlers
SnowJeeper

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 am

I think I would've clipped the pic and the location, but left the rest. It is clear from the posts that NEJeepz doesn't condone, and is trying to educate, but having that stuff still in there might encourage some knuckle head to go try it.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Not sure of the location but can assume its most likely illegal

Like Jay said, clip the pic but leave the thread
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby XJ Maki » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 pm

what a kook!

I can't believe y'all are encouraging him to join your club!...you've got stronger constitutions than me :P

Anyways, agree with Todd +1
Bic W.
Northeast Jeep Org.
XJ Maki

Postby soup31314 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:48 pm

I think some of the comments were a little harsh.

We as a group are responsible to teach responsible wheeling and not just talk trash about some kid/guy doing something stupid.

I can bet that every member of the NEA at one time or an other has done something stupid or illegal, but we joined a group and learned what is right and what is wrong.

There is a huge differance between a rogue wheeler and a noob wheeler. There are people out there that wheel lands knowing its illegal and just dont care.

Then there is the wheeler who just doesnt know. They dont belong to a club cuase they dont have the cash or they dont know how to join a club. Instead of briging them in and teach them some people just automaticly group them with the first group the rogue wheeler.

just my $.02 is all
Ron Garnett
President NCRS4x4
Nec aspera terrent
"No Fear on Earth"

vol·un·teer [vol-uhn-teer]
noun
a person who performs a service willingly, without pay or compensation.
soup31314

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 am

I think it was handled appropriately. Removing the pictures is not a bad idea.

We have a responsibility to educate and I think welcoming this guy into the community serves that pupose. Blacklisting people because they made mistakes is counter productive.
Eric

Postby tammylynn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:48 pm

I agree with J, Soup, and Eric. I think the message is clear that the actions of the OP are not endorsed or condoned by the club. Making fun of him or shoving the righteous wheeling attitude down his throat often makes people run the other way. We're here to educate and not brow beat or belittle people.
The guy did kind of shoot himself in the foot though by being willing to pay for a tow and then saying he doesn't have $ to join a club. Most clubs I know have payment arrangements and methods for handling those who'd like to join but might not have all the $ upfront.
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am

Could have been a lot worse than that.

That is exactly the kind of person you want to join a club, as was mentioned. :paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby axle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:09 pm

interesting points.
axle

Postby Zaedock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am

Paul wrote:That is exactly the kind of person you want to join a club, as was mentioned. :paul:

X2.

Having read the thread, my opininon on the guy is that, at this point, he has the "I just want wanna wheel" mentality and that we'll have to get him over that to join a club, buy the necessary gear, and then not bring his buddies back to all the wheeling spots after he runs them with the club.
Zaedock

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Not an opinion, but my fortune cookie said, "The beginning of all understanding is innocent."

Apply liberally to the affected area.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby axle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 pm

very profound Mike. :)
axle

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion