nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Loss of Another Amazing Member of Our Community

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Loss of Another Amazing Member of Our Community

Postby tammylynn » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:07 am

As some of you may have read on NEOW or Facebook, we lost another shining member of our community yesterday morning. Russell Cook ended his battle with cancer yesterday, a battle he fought since childhood. It was not a battle lost without one hell of a fight, outliving the doctor's prognosis numerous times throughout his life! In spite of his battle with cancer, he never let it get in the way of his true passions. Russ started an organization he called Purely Passion which set out to assist others with cancer to provide them an outlet to discuss their journey as well as to seek resources that could help them along the way. He was devoted to his family, especially to his son Rusty and encouraging Rusty in his extra-curricular activities, such as coaching his T-ball team. Above and beyond was Russ's passion for wheeling. Even at then end when he was required to use oxygen to assist his breathing, he didn't let it get him down and was still out on the trails and making repairs on his XJ. He often assisted with trail cuts and maintenance, even though he could barely stand the pain of the cancer enveloping his body. The strength he displayed is immeasurable and those of us who knew him can rest easy that he is no longer experiencing any pain and he had a peaceful passing with his family by his side.

Following in his dad's amazingly strong footsteps is his son, Rusty. Rusty is competing in a fundraiser race this Saturday! I know we have our Poker Run this Saturday and I don't wish to take away anyone from that event, but if you are not attending and have an hour or so in the morning, please come out and cheer Rusty on. Perhaps you can't make it but you can make a donation and issue words of encouragement? Please find the information to do so in the following link! I know Russ's family will appreciate it and Rusty will be encouraged. Having lost a parent at a young age, I can not even begin to comprehend Rusty's amazing strength in being able to do this so soon after his dad's passing. He truly is a super little boy! I remember Russ relaying a story to me once of him and his friend dressing up as super heroes. Russ was Super Glue and his friend was Wonder Bread. I saw pictures. :lol: Who knew that he truly would be a super hero of sorts and his son seems to be right on his heels.
https://kids.pmc.org/exeter/pfp/Default.asp?ID=CR0022
tammylynn

Re: Loss of Another Amazing Member of Our Community

Postby tammylynn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:18 am

The following was posted by Michelle Cook on FB:

The Service for my loving husband will be this Sunday June 12 at 4pm at the Portsmouth Seventh Day Adventist Church.

Michele Cook In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Rusty Cook’s college fund by mailing a check to Khrissy Harris, 32 Logging Hill Road, Bow NH 03304. Please make checks payable to “Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC.”..
tammylynn

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion