nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Info.

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Info.

Postby Seacoast Jeeperz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:28 pm

Application lists Insurance Liablity? Does that require the entire organization to be covered? Or can each of our members hold a automobile policy on there own?

If this gets answered...Thanks.
Seacoast Jeeperz

Postby Treasurer » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:19 pm

An automobile policy will usually not cover the insured while driving off a public right of way. The general liabilty policy can fill the gap. What it covers are spectators and the landowner for damage to his land. Say you are wheeling and you vehicle goes up in flames and burns the land, then the policy kicks in. Say you are wheeling on private property and a hiker gets run over by your vehicle them the policy kicks in.

We insure all our events.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Seacoast Jeeperz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:08 pm

So in the event we were seeking membership in the association. We would have to carry a club policy? If so what are the typical costs of this and where can we go to get one?
Seacoast Jeeperz

Postby Treasurer » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:20 pm

No you do not need a club policy. The NEA4WDC has a general liabilty policy available for use by the member clubs. I administer the policy. This year the rate is $143 per day. Our clubs insure their events where the public is or might be involved. Here is an example Deepwoods Extreme just had their annual truck show. The Fairgrounds would not let them hold the event unless they had a certificate of insurance for 1million dollars. I had our insurance agent fax their club secretary a cert. of insurance for the event. I collected the $143 from their treasurer and they were good to go. Some landowners might want proof of insurance before you can use their land. A landowner is free from liabilty in NH as long as he or she does not charge money to use the land. There has never been a successful lawsuit from a person injured on private property in NH. With more clubs on board using the policy the daily rate will go up.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:01 pm

Sorry that is old information.....just curious, was that seen the By-Laws or some other place? Please let me know so I can update.

FYI that WAS a requirement before the NEA purchased an umbrella policy which all member clubs can now use.

Scott
Scott Hatch

Postby SeacoastJeeperz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:19 pm

It was something old we had downloaded a while ago. But that's good. We have been intrested in joining earlier on in our first couple of years. And a few of still are. So from the looks of it it's $75 dollars for the dues for under 25 members. We'll have to send a member to the next event your going to be at see if we would qualify as a club.
SeacoastJeeperz

Postby Scott Hatch » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:54 am

Our next meeting is August 27th from 9am to 1pm with wheeling afterwards

For more info....

http://www.forum.nea4wd.org/viewtopic.php?t=459
Scott Hatch

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion