nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Sept 17th clean up please help

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Sept 17th clean up please help

Postby kcvikingrun » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:09 pm

On september 17th undergroundjeeps is holding a clean up of "billy mtn" as we call it. Most of you know the name. I have the Leicester Recycling Center Donated to us by the town to dump any and all metal,oil,paint,glass,plastic,aluminum,freon,anything. They are waiving all fees!!! I need able bodies and any pick ups available. Please pm me any questions or contact scott I believe he knows some of the details, we will meet at 10:30 along the main entrance road below the lines. Hope to see you guys there.
when all else fails bump it
kcvikingrun

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:37 pm

Any way to get more detailed directions from the the major highways?

Scott
Scott Hatch

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:46 pm

Is that a good spot for a lot of vehicles to meet?

Scott
Scott Hatch

Postby Zaedock » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:50 am

Joe,
There is a rest area parking lot slightly east of "Billy" where Rt67 meets Rt9. That would probably be a great meeting spot that would hold more people than the stone house parking area (not to mention the avoidance of having X number of Jeeps parking in a conservation area lot). I can send you an email containing directions from the highways. You'll need to come up with directions to the dumpster from Billy.
The amount of people that attend will determine how many groups you will have. A scout trip prior to the cleanup will help so you can systematically divide the work load and keep everyone covering more ground. I recommend having everyone RSVP if at all possible. Also, see if you can get a water donation or have people bring their own. Hydration is cool.
I might be able to attend and help out. Soccer season has started and my daughter is hardcore. The schedule hasn't been posted yet, so game time and place determines my availability.

Talk to you later,
Joe Ostrenga
Zaedock

meet

Postby kcvikingrun » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:48 am

I know better than that Joe, I wouldnt meet there I was planning on the main rd in the trail when you come in at the 67 end and come up to where the power line goes over head we were planning on metting along there actually in the trail. I spoke with Pat already about that I figured that would cause less confusion and attention of the passers by.
kcvikingrun

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:07 am

i am going to try and make this, im running a k10 so i got a some room for trash, im going to shoot you a PM
Crawl in Peace my friends, Peter Gonchar and Jason Payne.
Derek

thanks

Postby kcvikingrun » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:15 pm

thanks guys the more people the easier it will be. I think with the group we have developing we can rip through the trash fairly fast. It appears that the warren side is the worst. I will have detailed directions the day of the event for the dump spot.
kcvikingrun

Postby rblank » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:22 pm

If someone could develop some decent directions to the meeting spot, I'll post them on FTR's board.
rblank

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:42 pm

is the meeting spot going to be where the large junkyard is?

if so i can write up some directions
Crawl in Peace my friends, Peter Gonchar and Jason Payne.
Derek

Postby Robin » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:03 pm

I'll post to NE Jeep when directions are available as well, thanks Joe!

Delegate for rent, inquire within.
Robin

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:39 pm

Joe I would also recommend using the area that Joe suggests....

Could someone help Joe with directions, it has been more than 7 years since I was last in this area.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott Hatch

spot

Postby kcvikingrun » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:43 am

slright if you are on 9 west there's an ice cream place on the left after you pass the area it has a big turn around space. plan on there for 10:30. Other groups are meeting in the access road which may help spread things out a bit.. any questions call me 774-696-4383 or email jkaminski@imperialmtgllc.com
kcvikingrun

Postby Zaedock » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:31 pm

Joe, I think these guys are looking for very specific directions, especially from the highways. Here is a sample of directions to the meeting spot I suggested. Hope you can use them as a template for your meeting spot.

Joe

***NOTE TO EVERYONE*** These are SAMPLE directions ONLY!!!

Directions: Always consult map!
From North-East Take the Mass Pike (RT90)
(NOTE: Once off the highway it takes some time to get TO THE MEETING
SPOT! SO LEAVE EARLY!) to Rt. 84, Exit to Rt. 20 West, to Rt.148 North,
to Rt9 West. Follow into West Brookfield. Turn Left onto Rt. 67, take quick right into rest area parking lot.
You will see the Copper lantern Motel across the river.
Zaedock

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:34 pm

Yes this is exactly what I am looking
Scott Hatch

Postby kcvikingrun » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:03 pm

I am going to scout this saturday and structure a split up to cover all the areas to clean up. I will have a well organized plan of order on the day. Larger vehicles will go to big stuff and smaller vehicles to lesser piles. etc etc
kcvikingrun

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:20 pm

Joe

Before I can distribute I need/must have direstions similiar to the ones posted above.

Scott
Scott Hatch

directions

Postby kcvikingrun » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:11 pm

Use the ones Zaedock listed we can easily caravan from there to meet a few other people that will be in the access road. It may work out well that some are meeting in the place and some at the directions Joe gave. That will be less distruptive having the numbers split
kcvikingrun

I'll be there

Postby RoseMan806 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:51 pm

I'll also be heading out there to help clean up. I drive a RAM pickup truck (six ft. bed) so I can load up quite a bit. I'll be bringing some muscle with me. As for directions I used the Copper lantern Motel as a ending point, will that get me close to where I need to be??

:?
RoseMan806

Postby kcvikingrun » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:47 am

email sent the motel is just after the left you want to take... If any one has any problems call me 774-696-4383 I grew up in the area so I can help with directions if you get lost..... These may help: From east take mass pike to sturbridge rt 20 exit take rt 20 east to rt 49north at end take left onto 9 west about 6-8 miles watch for copper motel on left take left just before towards warren you will see us immediately on right.. From west take pike east and follow samr directions. These are easy and basic not the quickest but simple..
kcvikingrun

clean up

Postby kcvikingrun » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:16 am

Ok guys Ill see you in the morning I appreciate all the help, we should be able to clean it up quick.. Also some people bring rakes for the lookout spot there is a lot of glass that cant be picked up so maybe we can rake it where it wont be such a danger..
kcvikingrun

clean up

Postby kcvikingrun » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:04 am

The clean up was a great success! If it wasnt for the Zr2 guys It would have been very tough. We hauled out 17 vehicles worth of stuff!!! The only sad part was other than Pat Charon The only jeeps that showed up out of 4 clubs were my guys. :( There was only 5 jeeps and 20 trucks. Either way we made a great impact on the locals and Thank you to the Leicester recycling center for donating its facilities. Special Thanks to the guys at Zr2.com I could not have done it without them..
kcvikingrun

Postby KWest » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:02 pm

Trucks make a little more sense for a job like that. We wheel a jeep, but would have brought the truck for the clean up ( had we been able to make it)
KWest

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion