nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Free Superwinch & bumper

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Free Superwinch & bumper

Postby Eric » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Folks,

Superwinch is looking for a clean JK to test installation of a new winch bumper that will be released soon. In exchange for donating your Jeep for a day you get to keep the bumper AND winch. A stock 2010+ vehicle is preferred. If you own a qualifying vehicle then post up here within the next two days and include your full name, club affiliation, and contact information. If you are not comfortable posting contact info here then send a PM. The "winner" will be chosen by lottery.

Hi Eric,

I'd like to talk to you about a test-fit. We're coming out with a new JK Winch Bumper. It'll be somewhat of a stubby bumper - minimal side overhangs past the frame horns.

We'd like to get a JK donated from someone local for the test install. Can be a Rubicon or not, 2 or 4 door. Say in the 2010 and up range. The owner will get to keep the bumper, as well as a Tigershark 9500 winch, completely installed.

Preferably the Jeep should be bone stock and in good condition, at least in the bumper area, to allow us to take good photos of a typical install. Any existing custom equipment makes this cloudy.

We would require the Jeep for a full weekday from 8 am to 5 pm to do the install, where the Jeep can remain here for us to disassemble the stock bumper, and mount the bumper and winch, take photos, review the steps required to install, etc., etc. It always takes more time to document the process.

The owner is invited to stay here during the day to witness the install if they prefer --- I know that a lot of guys wouldn't just hand their keys over to a stranger. That's up to them. The work will be done in our building here in Dayville CT. We can't guarantee 2 hours, 5 hours… it takes what it takes. We will be done by 5 PM at the latest.

Let me know if you think you can help us out. I appreciate the effort.

Thanks,
Scott
Eric

Re: Free Superwinch & bumper

Postby axle » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:49 pm

shared
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Scott Hatch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am

My buddy here at work has a new 2012 JK Rubicon I sent this too....
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby navman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Entered my 2013 rubicon, might as well add one to that now since I've got 2 superwinches on my yj
Mark
WM4x4
navman

Postby Cookiemanx7 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Posted on SSW
John Price

President of South Shore Wheelers
OSJ
UFWD Volunteer Trail Patrol
Mohawk 4X4 Adventures
Cookiemanx7

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 am

^ You missed it by a few days.

We have a dozen or so candidates and hope to have a list of potential installation dates soon.
Eric

Postby Eric » Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 pm

I received a heads up that the install will most likely take place within the next two weeks. The exact date is not known at this time and may only be known on short notice.

There were a total of 14 members whose vehicles met the qualifications. I will be contacting all of them privately with an update.
Eric

Postby Eric » Mon May 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Congratulations to Ralph Tomaccio of Baystate Jeepers who was selected from amongst 14 entries. My understanding is that the installation is scheduled for June 4th.
Eric

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion