nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

EC4WDA Survey

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

EC4WDA Survey

Postby Paul » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:54 am

From Dave Brill, please fill out if you have not done so already.

From Dave Brill:

Subject: [ec4wdalanduse] EC4WDA Surveys

Howdy everyone... The subject says it all... BUT.. I'm sure there are those of you who don't even know what it is. Here's the scoop: One of the bennies of being a member club of EC4WDA is that we receive very valuable written information that we can use in dealing with land managers, town/state officials, etc... One of those "books" is the 47 page "Economic Assessment of 4WD Use in the Northeast and Midwest". This assessment book is available to all members and to the general public too I suppose as you can download the current, outdated version from the EC4WDA.org web site. It is FREE.. even the real nice bound version... but... its still outdated.. the info in it is about 6 years old...
What the Ec.Assessment states in its 47 pages is the economic effect we have as
4 wheel drive enthusiasts on local economies, our state economies, how much we spend in other states, etc. This book has been rather influential in NH as there are two roads that we'll be doing work on later in the season, directly due to the numbers and presentation of that Assessment book. These are being offered up to our 4WD community because small towns recognize the dollars we bring to an area in just one weekend. This book has also been used extensively in the Berkshire region of MA and is quite probably the reason several roads that we use have recently seen signs posted that state the road is INDEED a road and is NOT closed. It was brought to the OHV Summit in Wash. DC this past July and the comment was.. " Wow, where have you guys been with this..? This is great, exactly what we need to show real world numbers to those who oppose OHV use on federal lands.."
So, ya see, this is a very important document. We are currently in the process of updating the information.... BUT... we can't update it without YOU filling out the new surveys. I know many of you have but I also know... many of you haven't...
One of the reasons we are hot to trot about getting this done is that we have rec'd a couple of comments at the MA DCR meetings that info was nearly 6 years old... "the other side" will look at ANY and EVERY kink in our armour they can find to use against us... Outdated info is one of them..
So, I would plead with you to take the 10 mins or so it will take to fill out and go to http://ec4wda.org/docs.asp and choose either the Word doc or the PDF, print it, fill it out and send it in... I know you might want to think that you don't have time and some others will fill it out so it won't matter if you don't.
I'm sorry but that attitude is why I'm writing asking those who haven't, to fill out the survey.
Also, this is not only going to the E4W list but to the Region list and the EC4WDAlanduse list plus a couple of other club lists. Please get this into the hands of your members.
Also, also... we are SEVERELY LACKING in responses from points west of NYC.
IE.. PA, NJ, KY, OH we have had more from Michigan then from NJ, PA and OH combined.. We need enough respondents from every state we represent or.. that state won't get respresented in the assesment.

Again... the site is http://ec4wda.org/docs.asp At the top of the list are
the two survey forms. Choose, click, dload, print, fill out, send in.
OH... these have to be mailed in. For legal reasons, they cannot be submitted via email, as they must be signed.

Thank You all in advance and we hope to see a whole bunch of these flow in within the next week or so!

Talk soon,

David Brill
Land Use Chair: East Coast 4WD Assoc.
Land Use Chair: Region D/Northeast of EC4WDA President/Land Use Chair. for Eastern 4 Wheelers Tread Lightly! Master Trainer Blue Ribbon Coalition NAMRC CTJEEP.ORG Brilliant Signs & Grafix WallyWorld, CT.
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:52 am

link broken temporarily.

Please stand by.
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby rblank » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:49 pm

It appears that East Coast's site is down for the time being.....
rblank

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:15 pm

I guess you guys never check our OWN website :roll:

http://www.nea4wd.org/articles/index.cf ... ICLE_ID=88
Scott Hatch

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion