nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Hey Liza

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Hey Liza

Postby Paul » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:55 am

What kind of GPS what that you had the other day?
That thing was pretty darn cool, with the big screen and the topo lines already in there.
I'm thinking of asking for an upgrade for xmass.
:paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby rblank » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:09 pm

PM Her on the FTR board, you'll get a faster response.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Paul » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Hello Roger. How are things?
Paul

Postby rblank » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:28 pm

Busy, very busy....and not in a good way. :(

I think the Beast may be on her death bed too. Looks like I may have twisted the frame.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Paul » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:40 pm

So twist it back. Or cut out the twisted portion and weld in some new steel. It's a wheeling rig, not a DD right? You have a trailer for it don't you? :paul:
Paul

Postby Liza » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:00 pm

Hey Paul,
I have a a Garmin GPSmap 76CS...I agree, it's pretty cool. The base maps that come with it stinks...That was Mapsource Topo maps set that you saw the other day. I also have the Citysource map set, which is standard road maps, for general navigation stuff. For directions from point A to point B, the Citysource does a much better job...the Topos don't navigate that way very well.

Liza
liza@fieldandforestnh.com
NEA4WD Treasurer
Field & Forest Recreation Area
Rockaholics
Rhode Island Trail Slayers
Liza
Treasurer

Postby rblank » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:37 pm

Paul wrote:So twist it back. Or cut out the twisted portion and weld in some new steel. It's a wheeling rig, not a DD right? You have a trailer for it don't you? :paul:

No, not a DD, but no trailer.

And you can't just cut out the twisted part. It's along the whole length of the chassis. May if I ramp on the passenger side.... :shock:
rblank

Postby jps4jeep » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:15 pm

I have been using the Tom Tom GPS system for about a year now. My wifes company gave it to her, then I get to use it on weekends if needed. very easy to use unit. Very satisfied especially since I did not pay for it!
New England Jeepz
jps4jeep

Postby KWest » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:40 am

C'mon Roger, If it has a frame it can be fixed. This is the Beast we're talking about
KWest

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion