nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Life is too short...

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Life is too short...

Postby Scott Hatch » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:15 am

I went to the wake last night for Ashley Coury and will be heading out soon for her celebration of life. Ashley was not a conventional person and had a way of attracting people to her like moths to a flame.

Some people may have seen in the news the tragedy that took place on a pond in Plymouth MA last week.

Ashley was a beautiful 20 year old woman that was a bright shining star, it was amazing last night to see hundreds of people come to support the rest of the family in there time of need.

I've known Ashley through her step-father and mother at Spooky World. Ashley used to love watching the make-up being applied and dressing up in the costumes even before she was old enough to work. One year she worked in my haunted house as a temptress vampire. The area of house of fangs that she worked was often filled with fog and it was tough to see. She used to work the effect very well coming out the murkiness to scare the people. As her manager I would watch her in order to critique and give feed back to help her improve her performance. The dress she wore was a long flowing white dress that was made for "busty" woman (she wasn't) so it was rather large on her and dragged on the ground. As one group came out of the fog she misjudged there position, stepped on the hem of her dress and literally fell into the arms of very startled young man. True to form though she never broke character and played it off brilliantly.

Today is a celebration of her life, a horrible event can sometimes help put important things into perspective.

She will be missed but her spirit will live on :cry:

Below is from her step father Ed

There will be a two block procession prior to the service on Wednesday, sort of like a little 'parade'. She would have gotten a real kick out of that. I have not decided whether or not I'll wear some wacky Ashley-esque costume or outfit (for the procession only). Either way I would like folks to know even though this is a terrible and tragic occurrence, and I don't know exactly how my life will be changing due to the loss of a young woman, a little girl, whom I consider my daughter, the viewing should contain a measure of celebration. I would like to have people share their recollections, experiences, and funny stories concerning Ashley. Hers was a spirit worth celebrating, and her wonderful soul will be with me always. I can feel her here with me as I write this saying (as Rachelle has mentioned): "It's "wicked cool" here!, don't worry about me, I'm good, I can do magic here! I don't want you guys to be sad!". And the funny thing is, that is exactly what she would say.

We will always miss her, but I'm already beginning to ease the loss of her and instead remember how lucky I was to have her in my life; through the good and the rough times. She taught me so much, as have her sister, and two brothers. Rachelle (Ashley's Mom) has been so strong through this ordeal it's hard to imagine being around her and not feel strengthened somehow. A feeling of peace has come over me and much of the family over the last few days and I know that Ashley has had everything to do with that! Thanks sweetie! I'll always be grateful for the time I had you in my life. I love you.

So please take a moment today to say a prayer for the family she leaves behind. Honor her memory by telling someone that you love them. I know that Ashley's spirit has passed on bringing beauty to what ever place she was gone to.
Scott Hatch

Postby jacodi » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:49 pm

jacodi

Postby rblank » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:47 pm

:(
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Treasurer » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:43 pm

When I read a sad story like this it makes me think about all the bad decisions I made when I was young and got lucky.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion