nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

woman dead at one of the trails

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

woman dead at one of the trails

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:31 pm

Woman's body found in ****
Sunday, January 01, 2006

****- A woman's body was found in the woods at the top of Coy Hill yesterday, police said.

Police are waiting for an autopsy to be performed by the state medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death, but no foul play is suspected, said **** Police Officer Peter D. Harder.

Authorities had not positively identified the woman yesterday but police suspect that she is a woman who had been reported missing from Holliston, Harder said.

Northwestern District Attorney Elizabeth D. Scheibel said there don't appear to be visible signs of injury to the body, but authorities are waiting for the autopsy results and the investigation by state police detectives and **** police will continue.

A police officer found the woman's body on the ground near her car after police received a report at 11:40 a.m. yesterday that there was a car on an unnamed road at the top of Coy Hill, off of **** ****, Harder said.

Jennifer Kalvinek, who lives at the bottom of Coy Hill, on **** ****, said she spotted about 12 police cars in her neighborhood yesterday.

When she called the **** Police Department to ask what was happening behind her house, the person who answered the phone told her there was nothing going on that she needed to be concerned about and hung up, Kalvinek said.

Kalvinek learned from a friend who was listening to a police scanner that a body had been found

**** edited for public forum ****
Crawl in Peace my friends, Peter Gonchar and Jason Payne.
Derek

Postby Zaedock » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:29 am

Good find Derek! I've been reluctant to post on this, but here it is:
Most of you know I live in Sturbridge. Every once in a while I grab a coffee and a cigar and take my YJ down Coys hill to see how the trash and road are holding up. Well, I was out there on Friday Dec 30th around 7am. I came upon Mrs. Robinsons car about 150-200 yds into the road/trail. Seeing as we pull cars out of there during clean ups, I figured I would get the info from the vehicle and contact the police. I checked the car and the registration was still in the glove box. I hadn't kept up on the news, so her name wasn't familiar. I flagged down the local EPO on the way out and gave him all of the info from the registration.
New Years night, after the ball dropped, I watched the news and the story of Mrs. Robinson came up. I was shocked!!! I immediately drove to the Sturbridge PD and explained what I had found. The next morning, I followed up with Warren PD. The Warren officer I spoke with indicated to me that the car had actually been reported on MONDAY. We concluded our conversation. I continued watching the news and learned that they had pulled her car out last night. I couldn't believe it.
A short time later, I received a call from the State Police. I was asked a few questions (as my prints would be on the car, good thing my FID card is on file) and he thanked me for doing the right thing by following up. I asked him why it took so long to pull the car out if it was reported on Mon, Dec. 26th? He replied that there was a "miscommunication" regarding who the car belonged to. As you can imagine, I was pretty disapointed with that reply. That poor family. I can only wonder if she could have still been alive on the 26th. I probably drove right past her too. On a personal note: Where I found the car, I find it hard to believe that a 62 yr old lady would have driven it there herself. I shared this concern with the State Police, but obviously the conclution is that she drove in.

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell.
Take care.
Zaedock

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:48 am

woa. :shock:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby rblank » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:55 am

Joe did it....by the trail....with the Hi-Lift handle.....

Just kidding Joe. Don't loose sleep over it. You had no way of knowing.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:08 am

I know you reference "Clue" there...but after listening to Howard 100 on the way to work this morning, a different connotation crossed my mind. :shock:
Paul

Postby rblank » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:38 pm

Sorry, I don't pay for radio...... And I never really liked Howard to begin with. He's an Imus wannabe
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:34 pm

Ok not that this is NEA conversation but Howard and Imus have nothing in common? One talks about current events and is on Talk Radio and the other is vulgar-talks to people who have nothing to do with current events really and at least Imus seems to have some morals? lol

I used to hate Howard and when Roy and I had to ride to work together I used to hate that he made me listen to it. But now I kind of like him a little.

And I think everyone pays for radio in some way..lol I'm sure somehow it is figured into our taxes.
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:44 pm

That's NPR. I like NPR too. :paul:
Paul

Postby Robin » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:30 am

NPR angers me...

Delegate for rent, inquire within.
Robin

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion