nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Nominations

Feel free to use this area for general banter but keep it clean.

Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Nominations

Postby tammylynn » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:55 am

530/389-9154 or jraudy@foothill.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OFF-ROAD MOTORSPORTS HALL OF FAME
CALLING FOR 2006 NOMINATIONS

RENO, NV – (Jan. 29, 2006) – The Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame (ORMHOF), located at the National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection) in Reno, Nevada, has announced that it is calling for 2006 nominations from a variety of off-road groups, associations, sanctioning bodies, key industry contacts and event promoters who have outstanding individuals within their organizations.

Deadline for this year’s nominations is March 15, 2006.
Categories for nomination are Recreational 4-Wheeling, Motorcycles and All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV); Competition of Motorcycles/ATVs, Off-Road Racing, Rally, Rock Crawling, and Sand Sports; and Pioneers who are Advocates, Industry Leaders and Journalists.

Since 1974, the Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame has inducted 33 legends including: 2005 Inductees: Rod Hall, Scott McKenzie, Akton (Ak) Miller, Larry Minor, Roy Spuhler and Ed Waldheim. 2004 Inductees: Herman Booy, Carla Boucher, John Buffum, Jean Calvin, Edward Dunkley, and Walker Evans. 1980 Inductees: Harry Bushert, Bud Ekins, John Lawlor, Ray Moon and Mark Smith. 1976 Inductees: Dick Cepek, Brian Chuchua, Pete Condos, Charlie Erickson, Don Francisco, James Garner, Vic Hickey, Parnelli Jones, Steve McQueen, Bruce Meyers, Drino Miller, Ed Pearlman, Malcolm Smith, Bill Stroppe, Thurston Warn and Vic Wilson.

The nominator must submit as complete a biography as possible on each nominee. The more information provided on the nominee that fits the criteria, the better the possibility of selection for induction into the Hall of Fame.

Nomination procedures, criteria, and applications can be found at www.ormhof.com. The 2006 ORMHOF Induction ceremony will be held on Saturday, Aug. 26 in Gallery 4 at the National Automobile Museum in Reno.

The Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame, a non-profit 501c3 organization, was established to recognize and honor those individuals and organizations whose lifelong contributions to off-road motorsports has set a standard for others to follow.
tammylynn

Postby Treasurer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:12 pm

I am very modest, but I wonder if there is a treasurer we all know that can be nominated?
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby cmerrick » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:33 pm

If anyone, I think Scott would be a great candidate. Given the hard work he puts in and the successes under his leadership, this would be an excellent way to recognize his achievements.
cmerrick

Postby Treasurer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:02 pm

I agree, but what about Lieutenant Commander Spock?
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:55 pm

Thank you Carl, it is a team effort and we all deserve the honors equally
Scott Hatch

Postby Treasurer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:20 pm

I wish the NEA4WDC could be inducted.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby tammylynn » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:45 am

cmerrick wrote:If anyone, I think Scott would be a great candidate. Given the hard work he puts in and the successes under his leadership, this would be an excellent way to recognize his achievements.

My nomination for Scott has already been submitted! :) Maybe more will follow.
tammylynn

Postby Treasurer » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:16 pm

What a secretary we have. I need an excuse to visit the museum in Reno again. I need to touch the last Grand Wagoneer.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Return to Off Topic-General Discussion