nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

ATTN ALL MA RESIDENTS

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

ATTN ALL MA RESIDENTS

Postby Ryan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 pm

I have a request for all Ma. Residents. Please take a moment of your time to send a letter to the Patrick/Murray Transition Team and tell them what you want! The letter I sent is below,

Please when you send your letter remember to include that we spend money in areas that do not have tourism dollars to help the local economy. Also please throw the Jericho mtn park figures at them. Together our voices will unite!!!

Send letters to:info@patrickmurraytransition.org

Subject Heading: Energy & Enviroment Transition Team

RE: Motorized Off-Road Recreation

Patrick/Murray Transition Energy and Environment Team.

To Whom It May Concern:

Motorized Off-Highway Recreation with vehicles weighing over 1000 lbs. is one of the fastest growing forms of family recreation in the Nation. At the present time the Commonwealth of Massachusetts does not allow access to state lands to this user group. I would like to state that some of the users within this group have been granted access to private lands within the state, and that we do provide economic growth to those communities that would otherwise be lost. The State of New Hampshire has a program in the works. The Jericho Mountain Park, which according to their preliminary reports will generate annual revenue of approximately $694,000 to the State, with residual revenue of $1,000,000 to the local municipalities. I feel that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is missing out on an opportunity that would be mutually beneficial. I ask that you keep this in mind when you adopt new policies regarding the use of Public Lands.

Thank you,

Name

Address

E-mail address
Freedom Trail Riders
Ryan Schneider
Delegate
Ryan
Site Admin

Return to Trail Conservation