nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

homestead

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

homestead

Postby rawlus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:24 pm

whatever is going on there - we should find out if NEA members or NEA-affiliated clubs are involved and if so, seek disciplinary action IMHO.

the offending activities, as described, go beyond the pale IMHO.

i see it as a good opportunity to make an example and set a standard and put everyone on notice that the actions won't be tolerated and that there are serious repercussions when property, neighbors and landowners are disrespected to that degree.

thoughts?
rawlus

Postby axle » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:50 pm

What are we talking about? I havn't heard anything. :oops:
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Paul » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:05 pm

http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=71221&st=0

Lets just be sure to keep fact and fiction straight. As was stated vigilante justice although VERY appealing might not be a good thing in the end.

Lets hear what Stephen has to say, let the facts come out. .02

:paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby wally » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:06 pm

sure. but the difficult part is going to be in identifying the offenders. i doubt that the offenders will have the cojones to own up to it.
fight the good fight
member, New Hampshire Timberland Owners Association
wally

Postby tammylynn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:01 pm

If the NEA is expected to be involved...maybe someone could post here and let us know without everyone having to go to NEOW to find out?
I agree with Paul.
tammylynn

Postby rawlus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:07 pm

why do you think i posted here? it was to inform the few who don't go to neow.

the NEA site is wheeling's beacon hill. not everyone likes to come here. they see it as bureaucracy maybe?

and since the original poster was posting for the benefit of the alleged asshats who destroyed his land and pissed of his family and neighbors - presumably making a post here would not reach them, because they likely do not come here. ;) at least i hope not.
rawlus

Postby tammylynn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:16 pm

Right...but the post means nothing without some detail. I'm not saying the whole issue had to be raised here but some background would be nice. :) I do see your point.

I fail to understand why the NEA has been plagued with this theory that we are "above all". This is simply a forum to post comments and ideas. We've never discouraged anyone from doing that and to my knowledge we've never made anyone feel unwelcome. In fact-we often plead with people to offer up their input. Seriously someone feels more comfortable posting on NEOW? With all the bashing and teasing that goes on over there.
This is a professional organization and we are the representation for this sport in the Northeast. People need to start utilizing that and if they feel uncomfortable there are more than enough ways to contact us without doing it out in the open.

I know, I know....we need a PR Director.... :roll:
tammylynn

Postby rawlus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:23 pm

my bad on not adding the link on the first post - i had actually suspected that the NEA was already aware. :huh:

this site is all business (not a bad thing), which is probably what largely keeps the masses away. NEOW is talking about issues with your friends. NEA is going to town meeting to present your issues to the selectboard.

poor analogy, but probably not too far from the truth. ;)

that being said - as soon as i saw the post i brought it here so that those that are here and only here would be aware of a prime hardcore wheeling spot being closed and in trouble. on the heels of the other long thread about what to do with coy hill i thought it especially appropriate.

so im respecting the professional organization and utilizing it.

what more could i have done?
rawlus

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:32 pm

So everyone is on the same page, this is what was posted on NEOW. Now lets see what we can do make it better.

So you felt it necessary to smoke pot at the foot of the hill in the gravel pit!
So you felt it necessary to drop your pants and piss on my neighbors lawn in view of his ten year old daughter and wife!
So you felt it necessary to block a private road and force the landowners to drive off the road and around you!
So you felt it necessary to be belligerant and call my mother a damning pregnant dog.
So you felt it necessary to call my Uncle an poopie-doopie!
So you felt it necessary to race up and down the town road and throw your beer cans all over the place!
So you felt it necessary to race through the farm yard and nearly hit livestock, animals and people!
So you felt it necessary to screw around with the town loader and gravel sifter
So you felt it necessary to drive up and down the piles of dirt clearly piled up in preparation of the upcoming winter!
So you felt it necessary to drive on the lawn in front of the Homestead!
So you felt it necessary to leave your trash all over the homestead property and out in Blakney Boulders!
So you felt it necessary to not say anything to the offending parties!
So you felt it necessary to condone such disrespectful, rudeness and not say anything!
So you felt it necessary to be part of these renegade antics!
So you felt it necessary to throw my name around, eluding to the fact that this behavior was acceptable and or expected!
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:37 pm

Don't feel slighted Tammy, this wasn't posted to NEWJO either and Dan was as surprised as I was.
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:01 pm

:lol: I don't feel slighted...and I don't mean to come across as saying rawlus did anything wrong...lol I do go on NEOW so I would've found it eventually but I know not everyone here does.
I've just seen a few comments in the last week about how we are viewed by some as the monster in the closet and I guess it bugs me a little. I don't want people to have that image. They should feel comfortable-maybe we need to focus some attention on this.
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm

It's just different perceptions Tammy.

I act like a d!ck on the internet everywhere I go, but once you meet me in person I'm harmless and likeable. Imprper perceptions take time to work out.

I've read/heard over on more than one EC board or from one EC person that we are more secretive and keep things to ourselves. That's fine, we'll work it all out. This thought kinda ties with the Ma-bell/coy message board thing with dealing with people that just don't know all that we are about.

Perceptions can and will change.

Lets get back to the matter at hand. :paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby rawlus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:34 pm

harmless, yes. likeable?
rawlus

Postby SidewaysTim » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:49 pm

rawlus wrote:harmless, yes. likeable?

x2 :lol:
SidewaysTim

Postby Treasurer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Trail Patrols is all I will say.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC