nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Ride to Adventure TV Show

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

Ride to Adventure TV Show

Postby rblank » Tue May 20, 2008 4:31 pm

On the Outdoor Channel last night. GREAT show about California's Hungry Valley SVRA. Someone should get a copy of that video and start showing it to people in the East.

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/tv/index.aspx

Scroll down to find the "Ride to Adventure" video talking to Daphne Green. It's about 8 minutes long. There were other great parts of the show, talking to the Rangers that I can't find at the moment.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Re: Ride to Adventure TV Show

Postby tammylynn » Tue May 20, 2008 9:21 pm

rblank wrote:On the Outdoor Channel last night. GREAT show about California's Hungry Valley SVRA. Someone should get a copy of that video and start showing it to people in the East.
http://www.outdoorchannel.com/tv/index.aspx

Scroll down to find the "Ride to Adventure" video talking to Daphne Green. It's about 8 minutes long. There were other great parts of the show, talking to the Rangers that I can't find at the moment.

Why say that? Just contact someone and get us a copy! :lol: If you can take the time to type that someone should do it...you can take the time to pick up the phone or send an e-mail.
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

I know, I just didn;t have the time at that moment. I'm going to drop him a line in the next day or two. But I don't carry the weight that an Exec of the NEA might.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Wed May 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Oh paleeze...we don't carry any weight other than about 200 lbs. of stress... :lol:

Seriously, I am sure you can use your charming persuasion. :wink:
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Wed May 21, 2008 3:25 pm

tammylynn wrote:Oh paleeze...we don't carry any weight other than about 200 lbs. of stress... :lol:

The guy on the TV show doesn't know that.

Seriously, I am sure you can use your charming persuasion. :wink:

Are you talking to me? :shock:
rblank

Postby ToxicTurtle » Sun May 25, 2008 9:13 am

Check out www.Trailsintrouble.org.

I was able to get a whole bunch of these very professional videos free because we helped "critique" the original at the NAMRC mtg last November.. Now they're offering them up for donations and S&H. They come in a full standard DVD case with full color, glossy title page. They even come with "instructions" on how they can be put into use.

I ordered up at least one for each EC Region and each EC Northeast Region club. We have used them already with several of our congresscritters and I might add with some success.

They can also, obviously, be shown at club meetings to let those who are less in touch with what is really happening out there, in on the bad news. Can really open some eyes.

I agree on the program note. It has been very good in showing the positive light of the wheeling world. On the Rocks has been doing the same. Rick Russel and Del Albright are a major part of the production so it always has a bit of land use "fight" involved in the production.

AAMOF, Daphne Green was a Camel Trophy driver for the US several years ago. She is a wheeler, now a ranger/manager at the US Forest service.

Talk soon,
David Brill
Land Use Chair: East Coast 4WD Assoc.
Land Use Chair: Region D/Northeast of EC4WDA
President/Land Use Chair. for Eastern 4 Wheelers
Tread Lightly! Master Trainer
Blue Ribbon Coalition
NAMRC
NOHVCC
CTU
BRC NLUAC NE Rep.
Guilford, CT
ToxicTurtle

Postby tammylynn » Mon May 26, 2008 8:34 am

We've had a few threads about the Trails In Trouble video and I think we already have a copy that we will be playing at some point during the UFWDA Convention in July.
tammylynn

Return to Trail Conservation