nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Coy Hill Final Statement

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

Re: Coyhill update 9/20/08

Postby Zaedock » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:36 pm

PatriotJeep wrote:No issues guess Joe O was wrong.

You're an ass

BTW, you all had to winch because you can't drive.
Zaedock

Postby jsongy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Zaedock wrote:
PatriotJeep wrote:No issues guess Joe O was wrong.

You're an ass.
BTW, you all had to winch because you can't drive.

I would refer to that as Dumbass! Seems funny that the EPO that I was with last night at the band rally talked about the issues there, patrols there, and that Lt. Pajak is now to be known as Major Pajak! Interesting information from an EPO. YOU WERE LUCKY! They are watching closely.

BTW, maybe if you ran a larger tire, you may have made it! :wink:
A$$hole @ Large...Again
jsongy

Postby tammylynn » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:48 pm

PatriotJeep wrote: No issues guess Joe O was wrong.

Really Rich...that wasn't necessary. Seriously. 99% of the delegates have made an educated decision about Coy Hill. Respect it and quit it with your silly little reports trying to continue to prove your point. It is getting old.
tammylynn

Postby mikesmaxx » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:25 am

It's like deja-vu, all over again.-Yogi Berra
mikesmaxx

Postby SidewaysTim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:44 pm

Orange!
Baystate Jeepers
Official Tuner of Jay's CB
SidewaysTim

Postby tammylynn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:27 pm

As much as it is deserved let's not encourage the nonsense.
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:52 am

rblank

Postby PatriotJeep » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Joe it would be nice if you would say you dropped the ball.The Epo's
can not stop you from driving a town road ,why don't people get this!
Joe did you ever help those people we met? I'm betting no. So you gave up on them too. You all fell for the "we are stopping people line". If Joe said we are going to help those people and we did not then the NEA looks bad for not doing it.
PatriotJeep

Postby Zaedock » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 pm

PatriotJeep wrote:Joe it would be nice if you would say you dropped the ball.The Epo's
Joe did you ever help those people we met? I'm betting no. So you gave up on them too. You all fell for the "we are stopping people line". If Joe said we are going to help those people and we did not then the NEA looks bad for not doing it.

"I" dropped the ball? Me? YOU promised the CC and town folk that you would stay away and then tried to LIE to everyone so you could selfishly bring YOUR CLUB there. HELLO?!?!?!? FYI, the Anair's had no additional damage once the vehicles stopped returning to the area. With all the rain we had, they made out just fine. Conservation Chair Dave Kopacz recommended we hold off. Unfortunately instead of asking, you simply start spitting diarrhea of the mouth (again) not knowing what the hell you are talking about.

Rich, you are seriously ill and require some type of help. Therapy or something. Although at this point, you may be beyond it.

Mods, please remove the crap from this thread. It's really starting to stink. Thanks.

[x] I second the banned.
Last edited by Zaedock on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaedock

Postby JayZR2 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 pm

PatriotJeep wrote:Joe it would be nice if you would say you dropped the ball.The Epo's

Rich I've passively sat back and watched you continue to call Joe O's work on Coy Hill into question. 22 out of 23 clubs in the NEA and all of Region D as far as I know are satisfied with the work he has done and the assessment he made of the situation.
The voluntary ban we imposed has been lifted and you are free to run the roads as you choose. I don't see why you feel the need to try and bring Joe O down. Are you still mad that you weren't chosen as project manager? Stop belittling Joe's effort.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby rblank » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:22 am

rblank wrote:Image
rblank

Postby Paul » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:17 am

Rich is going to do whatever Rich wants to do.

There is no stopping him.

Rich is NOT a team player we should have all realized that by now.

Rich attempts to undermine our progress and do whatever HE thinks is right at every turn.

I third whatever actions necessary y'all need to do to clean this thread.
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby rblank » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 am

Then why do we put up with him? If it was anybody else (myself included) we'd be all over their case.
rblank

Postby Paul » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 am

It's rather difficult to manage a bull in a china shop, but we do our best.
In this case maybe the door is to small to let him out? (again)

Just thinking aloud.
Paul

Postby rblank » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am

The biggest, toughest bull is easily controlled when you put a ring in it's nose and put it on a short leash. You grew up around farms like I did, you should know that.

And I'm not buying the "Patriot Jeeps is ok, it's the leadership that's bad" line this time either.
rblank

Postby Paul » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:05 am

fawkin things are heavy, I "steered" clear of them growing up.
Paul

Postby rblank » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:26 am

Why, what was your "beef" with them?
rblank

Postby Treasurer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 pm

Paul wrote:Rich is going to do whatever Rich wants to do.

There is no stopping him.

Rich is NOT a team player we should have all realized that by now.

Rich attempts to undermine our progress and do whatever HE thinks is right at every turn.

I third whatever actions necessary y'all need to do to clean this thread.

Rich we do not care who drives on a LEGAL town road. Maybe we should all post everytime we drive on a Class VI road. If the road gives you a thrill that is great. There are Class VI roads that are fun up here. If I ride on them that is my business. If one rides on an unmaintained town road and runs into downed tree and wants help removing it. That is when you need to post up here. If the road is passable the rest of us do not care to see posts about said road.
Last edited by Treasurer on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Paul » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:16 pm

rblank wrote:Why, what was your "beef" with them?

There's just to much at "steak" to be messing with one of them is all I'm saying.
Paul

Postby ChrisD » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:26 pm

rblank wrote:Then why do we put up with him? If it was anybody else (myself included) we'd be all over their case.

Because you eventually listen. It's not worth it with Rich.
VP NEZR2, Inc.
ChrisD

Postby jsongy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:19 pm

It is an aggrevating issue for those of us that live close by. If you drive a Jeep around town and it appears dirty, you WILL get approached by somebody pointing accusations.

Personally, I've been agrevated with Rich about his actions. And it did come out at the GAJR, I did not go to his booth to talk with him or purchase his goods because I didn't want to argue. I took my business elsewhere $.

Thats the bottom line.
A$$hole @ Large...Again
jsongy

Postby rblank » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Paul wrote:
rblank wrote:Why, what was your "beef" with them?

There's just to much at "steak" to be messing with one of them is all I'm saying.

Now we're getting to the "meat" of the matter.

ChrisD wrote: Because you eventually listen. It's not worth it with Rich.

You can't possibly be talking about me. :lol:
rblank

Postby PatriotJeep » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Joe I'm not buying your story . John you should know how towns work
the roads are open and they are not going to close them. They gave us
BS and Joe too. He's still giving it to us.
That's all I'm going to say.
PatriotJeep

Postby tammylynn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Rich, I would suggest you heed to your last sentence or I sense some deja vu in your future. There is no reason to continue calling Joe out. You know you are just pushing buttons.
tammylynn

Postby jsongy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:57 pm

PatriotJeep wrote:Joe I'm not buying your story . John you should know how towns work
the roads are open and they are not going to close them. They gave us
BS and Joe too. He's still giving it to us.
That's all I'm going to say.

Within recent conversations and meetings, Rich, there has not been information given that the roads are being abandoned/discontinued - so legally the ROADS are still open.

Problems for my view lie in two areas:

A) Both the NEA and EC and related clubs VOLUNTARILY banned runs @ Coy Hill and it's legal access roads.

B) With only 3 legal road points of access, the residents of the area only see who drives in or out, ASSUMING that the vehicles are venturing off the road ont WMA property.

Personally I feel that regardless of the legality of the roads, it's not worth playing the blame game over. When the damage continues and trash piles up, there will be those with a clear conscious and those without.

As for Joe O, Judy Annair said that she would make contact if there was need for assistance at her property. I have recieved no calls and when I speak with Joe and Pat C., they have not been contacted either.
A$$hole @ Large...Again
jsongy

Postby Zaedock » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:53 am

tammylynn wrote:You know you are just pushing buttons.

Maybe at first he was. Actually, I find it kind of humorous and most of all EXTREMELY ironic. All the years wheeling with him; on "questionable" trails, making "modifications" at Mabell because he couldn't get his Jeep up a hill, or taking controversial go-arounds... I defended him. I'm not even sure why. At the time, he was my club president and my friend. Funny how that works out. You know, when he brought Patriot to Coy last year, I wasn't surprised in the least. Rich left (or in a way, was forced out of) Baystate because he couldn't even adhere to the rules HE made. The electoral process means nothing to him. Why would he follow guidelines put forth by another group if he couldn't follow his own?

The thing that I don't understand with this whole situation, is why Rich would put aside friendships and credibility to defend a couple of old roads that are still open?!?!? It doesn't make sense.

In the end, Rich can call me whatever he likes or even tell everyone in the entire world that I "dropped the ball". I'm a God faring man who has never lied or purposely tried to deceive anyone. I don't imagine I ever will either. I have been able to get out and wheel three times this year; the NEA snow run, a BSJ run in May, and the Fall Crawl. By comparison, I've done many weeks worth of work at cleanups and working to build the hiking trails in Sturbridge. Our group now has a good reputation in town. I have more trail work this weekend and will be skipping my clubs run to head up to the Montague cleanup in October.

So with that, fire away my friend. Tell the entire Association that I'm lying and I dropped the ball. It means nothing to me because actions speak louder than words.
Zaedock

Postby rblank » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 am

Zaedock wrote:It means nothing to me because actions speak louder than words.

Well said. Comments from the Exec's on Mr. Banfield's blatant disregard of the NEA's positions and people?
rblank

Postby JayZR2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:22 am

I don't know what your looking for Roger.
Do you want me to kick Rich and Patriot out of the NEA? I can't. The roads are open and the NEA has lifted the moratorium.
As for calling Joe O out, Rich hasn't called him names, or insulted him just expressed he didn't agree with Joe O.
22 clubs and all of Region D are happy with the work Joe did.
Joe's post is a great counter to Rich's accusations. I have yet to see Rich or anyone from Patriot volunteer at of the NEA cuts, clean ups or wrenchdays since they have been back in the Association.
Joe O's actions speak louder then Rich's words.
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby SidewaysTim » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:35 am

Correction Jay, when I was with Patriot last year I helped with a cut and volunteered for the Poker Run. I did not, however, learn about any of these opportunities to volunteer through Patriot, I learned about them through the NEA's forum.
Baystate Jeepers
Official Tuner of Jay's CB
SidewaysTim

Postby JayZR2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:49 am

Sorry Tim, I forgot you were in Patriot. Thanks for your help. :up:
noun
JayZR2

Postby rblank » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:51 am

JayZR2 wrote:I don't know what your looking for Roger.

You specifically asked me and everyone else from SC if we would "play nice" with the rest of the NEA. I haven't seen Rich "play nice" since he's been back in. His actions do speak louder, but if you let it go on unchecked, it will continue until he does something so drastic and egregious that you have no choice but to kick the whole club out......again. That's all I'm saying.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:57 am

JayZR2 wrote:As for calling Joe O out, Rich hasn't insulted him

I disagree with that. He has called Joe out saying he has lied and not followed through with his promises which is an attack on Joe's character. Whether Joe is offended by it or not (which I know he isn't) Rich has made some pretty powerful accusations. As Joe pointed out and others as well...this is just going to be a continual pattern.

More than one delegate has commented in this thread that they would support action against him and it is their decision as to what that action would/should be. Nip it in the bud I say...I am tired of always coming back to this with him.
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:01 am

Rich isn't being rude or calling names though Rog. He is saying he doesn't agree with Joe O's assessment, but hasn't been rude.
When I asked you (and SC) to play nice, I specifically said you didn't have to agree with everything, but to debate the facts and be civil about it.
noun
JayZR2

Postby rblank » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 am

And even though we may disagree with something, we've always abided by the consensus and wishes of the Association. I don't see that happening here. He ran the roads even after we placed the voluntary ban.
rblank

Postby JayZR2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 am

tammylynn wrote:
JayZR2 wrote:As for calling Joe O out, Rich hasn't insulted him

I disagree with that. He has called Joe out saying he has lied and not followed through with his promises which is an attack on Joe's character. Whether Joe is offended by it or not (which I know he isn't) Rich has made some pretty powerful accusations. As Joe pointed out and others as well...this is just going to be a continual pattern.

More than one delegate has commented in this thread that they would support action against him and it is their decision as to what that action would/should be. Nip it in the bud I say...I am tired of always coming back to this with him.

Saying you don't believe someone is not the same as calling them a d!ck or a POS or a dumba$$. Thats what I meant by insulting him.
noun
JayZR2

Postby JayZR2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 am

rblank wrote:And even though we may disagree with something, we've always abided by the consensus and wishes of the Association. I don't see that happening here. He ran the roads even after we placed the voluntary ban.

Yep. And we had nothing in writing about that. A meeting was held and an outcome was determined. There were not enough people to form a quorum to vote on anything. An agreement was made between the NEA and Patriot. That is over and done with. That ban has been lifted.
What baffles me is knowing the place is in danger of being closed, and that most people don't want to go there, why Rich is encouraging it. Seems like since he is the only one who uses it, he would keep it as low key as possible to limit the exposure and traffic.
noun
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:38 pm

I'd rather have someone call me a name all day long than to attack my character but that is just me. IMO the issue exceeds just what has been posted here on this particular thread. However, not my call to make.
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Is there something in the By-laws that excludes an Executive from making a motion?
rblank

Postby Zaedock » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:59 pm

Guys, he's not worth the debate. I'm simply no longer going to recognize his posts and continue as if he isn't even here.

If he wants to operate in an environmentally damaging manner by going to Coy every month, I'm sure his habitual offending nature will catch up with him.

It's only a matter of time. :?
Zaedock

Postby rblank » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Joe, I can completely understand and empathize with your sentiment. But I fear that at some point it's going to go too far and then we'll have A LOT of damage control to do. I'd personally like to prevent that before it happens. But I also subscribe to the "give someone enough rope and eventually they hang themselves" method at times too. :up:
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:08 pm

rblank wrote:Is there something in the By-laws that excludes an Executive from making a motion?

According to this....
6.2.5. The BOD can only vote on motions made by Executive Officers or members of the BOD. The general membership and or other observers may not initiate motions for BOD voting consideration.
there isn't. But we typically have abstained from voting procedures.
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:22 pm

TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Paul on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:24 pm

Thank you,

I call Soap Opera.

Roger, relax, have a drink. Take the "give him the rope" mentality.
As Joe said its not worth the time or aggrevation.
If Rich wants to dig his grave so be it, don't waste your time trying to push him in.
If he wants to see the light, so be it, let him find it himself.
Paul

Postby rblank » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:08 pm

I am calm. In the meantime he continues to flip off the NEA and blantantly disregard anything we say or do. You know as well as I do he isn't going to change. The Association is the one that is ultimately going to pay for his actions in terms of reputation and the publics view of us, not him.

Everybody wants to do nothing....ok...we'll do nothing.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I think this should be cleaned since it is in a public view area.
tammylynn

Postby jsongy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 pm

tammylynn wrote:I think this should be cleaned since it is in a public view area.

Shouldn't this be public knowledge? It should be viewable to those that are in jeopardy of acting the same way.
A$$hole @ Large...Again
jsongy

Postby tammylynn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 pm

I wouldn't clean the whole thread...just the most recent posts. It proves nothing to anyone other than we have a class clown. I think it continues to display the image that some have in that we can't even control our own or get along with our own. Just my opinion and it doesn't matter. Nothing will be done.
tammylynn

Postby jsongy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:13 pm

rblank wrote:I am calm. In the meantime he continues to flip off the NEA and blantantly disregard anything we say or do. You know as well as I do he isn't going to change. The Association is the one that is ultimately going to pay for his actions in terms of reputation and the publics view of us, not him.

Everybody wants to do nothing....ok...we'll do nothing.

But Tammy, this is the first time in many posts where I think Roger is correct. Usually I see him just cause trouble and be sarcastic.

Rich seems quick to throw everyone under the bus for their actions, yet the bus stops to pick him up when he faulters. I'm learning why he's not spoken highly of by many, yet I can say that I had spoken up on his behalf before.
A$$hole @ Large...Again
jsongy

Postby Paul » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 am

Paul

Postby tammylynn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:48 am

jsongy wrote:But Tammy, this is the first time in many posts where I think Roger is correct. Usually I see him just cause trouble and be sarcastic.

Rich seems quick to throw everyone under the bus for their actions, yet the bus stops to pick him up when he faulters. I'm learning why he's not spoken highly of by many, yet I can say that I had spoken up on his behalf before.

I wasn't referring to Roger as the "class clown". :wink:

Paul that is old school. Dimitri hasn't been on AMC for years now. :lol:
tammylynn

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conservation