nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Pittsfield State forest ATV use

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

Pittsfield State forest ATV use

Postby PatriotJeep » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:47 pm

A guy at work told me this. He was up there.
Pittsfield state forest now only has 14 miles of ATV use.
You need to get a permit(free) but only 50 atv's per day can use it.
They are closing most of the forest trails to ATV use for the next 2 years
to make the trails go around the vernal pools.
PatriotJeep

Postby tammylynn » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 pm

And this is a bad thing? 50 ATVs seems like quite a bit and going around vernal pools seems to encourage responsible recreation, no?
tammylynn

Postby Zaedock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:31 am

My wife and I did not register in Mass this year, as it is not worth it. We used to have 30-something state forests to ride in, and while they collect our money, they close access.
We are down to 69 miles of ATV trails, located in three state forests out in extreme western mASS. That's absolutely freak'n pathetic. The last time we rode up in Statford (NC ATV trails) we did 100 miles a day and didn't touch the same trail twice.

As far as Pittsfield State forest goes, Massachusetts calls everything a vernal pool. You can't even look at water without it being some kind of protozoa habitat. The Swedish mile we drove through at the Poker run comes to mind. If that road/trail was in Mass, it would have been closed LONG ago. 50 ATV's on a trail system isn't a lot, especially as there are about 27,000 registered ATV's in Mass. I wonder where $1,080,000.00 collected every two years is spent? It's certainly not used for maintaining trails.

Three years until Michaela graduates HS and we'll be back in NH. This state can kiss my Polish ass.

Rant off.....
Zaedock

Postby Paul » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:35 am

ibid.

(except my daughters have different names)
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby tammylynn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 am

Zaedock wrote:My wife and I did not register in Mass this year, as it is not worth it. We used to have 30-something state forests to ride in, and while they collect our money, they close access.
We are down to 69 miles of ATV trails, located in three state forests out in extreme western mASS. That's absolutely freak'n pathetic. The last time we rode up in Statford (NC ATV trails) we did 100 miles a day and didn't touch the same trail twice.

As far as Pittsfield State forest goes, Massachusetts calls everything a vernal pool. You can't even look at water without it being some kind of protozoa habitat. The Swedish mile we drove through at the Poker run comes to mind. If that road/trail was in Mass, it would have been closed LONG ago. 50 ATV's on a trail system isn't a lot, especially as there are about 27,000 registered ATV's in Mass. I wonder where $1,080,000.00 collected every two years is spent? It's certainly not used for maintaining trails.

Three years until Michaela graduates HS and we'll be back in NH. This state can kiss my Polish ass.

Rant off.....

Well when you put it like that....with more info behind it...I agree. :lol: Can I be MA for the last sentence? :lol: :escape:
tammylynn

Postby Rafikie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

tammylynn wrote:
Zaedock wrote: This state can kiss my Polish ass.

Can I be MA for the last sentence?

WTF :shock:
Rafikie

Postby tammylynn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:12 pm

:lol: :lol:
tammylynn

Postby Zaedock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm blushing :oops:

All I can say is, there's a lotta love here :lol:
Zaedock

Return to Trail Conservation