Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

MA ORV 4x4 Registration

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

MA ORV 4x4 Registration

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:20 am

All ORVs must be currently registered in Massachusetts under MGL c. 90B. New Massachusetts Recreation Vehicle Laws require the display of registration on the left and right side of the vehicle. Additionally, motor vehicles registered under chapter 90 must now also register as a recreation vehicle under chapter 90B (on/off road motorcycles, Jeeps, etc.) when used for recreation or pleasure once they leave a public way as defined in chapter 90. Out of state recreation vehicle registrations are not valid in Massachusetts.

Contact the Division of Environmental Law Enforcement for registration information:
(617)626-1610 or

Locations to purchase ORV registrations:

Registration Information:

Cost (not including Sales Tax):
Resident ATV and/or Snowmobile $40 - Two Years
Non-Resident ATV and/or Snowmobile $30 - One Year

You will need a Form ST-6E from the Department of Revenue Claim for Exemption from Sales or Use Tax on Boat, Recreation, or Snow Vehicle

If visiting any Registration office, please bring a check or money order made out to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. No Credit Cards accepted!
Scott Hatch
New England 4 Wheelers
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
User avatar
Scott Hatch
Posts: 13901
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:59 pm

Return to Trail Conservation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest