nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

OHV Politics: Northeast USA ~ From Del Albright

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

OHV Politics: Northeast USA ~ From Del Albright

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:34 am

I’m passing this on to you, even though I know not everyone is from NH because one of the things we are short on in all our off-road sports is our own members/enthusiasts being engage with elected officials – even to the extent of being on their Facebook page as the voice of motorized sports. Whether you do or don’t like this candidate, the idea is that we sorely need to be present on their social networks, getting our two cents in when we can. Please share as appropriate in your circles.

And don’t forget to support the TPAC as it is the only outfit out there that really digs into and gets folks elected who support trails.

Thanks, Del

The Trail Political Action Committee (TPAC) works to elect federal candidates who will support legislation and policy promoting and protecting responsible off-highway vehicle recreation on public and private lands. TPAC is proud to announce its official endorsement and support for Kelly Ayotte running for re-election to the U.S. Senate in New Hampshire.

Don Amador, founder of TPAC and outdoor recreationist, states, "OHV small business owners and clubs appreciate Senator Kelly Ayotte's efforts to address the sometimes overzealous regulatory agenda of federal rule-making agencies in Washington D.C. Senator Ayotte worked hard to champion common sense regulatory reform in the ROV In-Depth Examination Act, S1040."

S1040, more commonly known as the RIDE Act, would require the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to postpone proposed mandates for off-road, side-by-side vehicles (ROVs) until those proposals have been studied and evaluated by government scientific organizations. That legislation followed the CPSC's rejection of a bipartisan Senate request that the CPSC work cooperatively with the ROV industry and other stakeholders.

Senator Ayotte states, "Outdoor recreation is critical to New Hampshire and our nation's economy and our way of life. I've been proud to fight against unreasonable federal mandates on recreational off-highway vehicles, which are an important part of New Hampshire's outdoor recreation industry."

TPAC believes this contest is critical to help us retain our pro-trail majority in the U.S. Senate. TPAC wants to join forces with other pro-trail voters in New Hampshire in an effort to send Ayotte back to Washington D.C. on November 8.

Kelly Ayotte is TPAC's 1st officially endorsed senate race in the 2016 election cycle.

TPAC wants to express our heartfelt thanks to all of you who are supporting our efforts in 2016.

Thanks again for your continued support in the 2016 presidential election. You are making a difference!

Don Amador, Founder
The Trail PAC
www.thetrailpac.com
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Re: OHV Politics: Northeast USA ~ From Del Albright

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Great post, but I found TPAC to also deject candidates that are pro-motorized use, based solely on their political affiliation. My local rep, who is OHV friendly, is a democrat and her staff was directed to help write a grant for snowmobile trails in Harvard, MA (which was approved) and she supports other local trail groups right here in town. However, based on affiliation, TPAC chose to support the anti-access candidate, a republican. I ended my affiliation with TPAC based on prejudicial error.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 pm

mrfreakinwhite wrote:Great post, but I found TPAC to also deject candidates that are pro-motorized use, based solely on their political affiliation. My local rep, who is OHV friendly, is a democrat and her staff was directed to help write a grant for snowmobile trails in Harvard, MA (which was approved) and she supports other local trail groups right here in town. However, based on affiliation, TPAC chose to support the anti-access candidate, a republican. I ended my affiliation with TPAC based on prejudicial error.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing this along.

FWIW I was going support Kelly Ayotte regardless of this message :up:
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:23 am

Scott Hatch wrote:
mrfreakinwhite wrote:Great post, but I found TPAC to also deject candidates that are pro-motorized use, based solely on their political affiliation. My local rep, who is OHV friendly, is a democrat and her staff was directed to help write a grant for snowmobile trails in Harvard, MA (which was approved) and she supports other local trail groups right here in town. However, based on affiliation, TPAC chose to support the anti-access candidate, a republican. I ended my affiliation with TPAC based on prejudicial error.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing this along.

FWIW I was going support Kelly Ayotte regardless of this message :up:

No offense. Just pointing out that TPAC is a bit of a farce.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Return to Trail Conservation