nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

NH OHRV Sticker program change and price hike

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

NH OHRV Sticker program change and price hike

Postby supazuk » Mon May 14, 2018 1:44 am

So i was at NH Days and saw https://www.nhohva.org/about had a booth promoting OHRV stickers and clubs ( I had heard there was going to be a club member vs non club member price breakdown )
Moreover, I verified with Fish & and Game the "club member" price only applys to NHORV clubs and not NEA4wd clubs. Not only that but our vehicles (buggies) are too big to have our clubs join their ORG.

this seems fishy and the I believe President of NHORV was under the impresion we didn't participate in the sticker program and a few other things that struck nerve with me.

Has there been any talk of this or am I the first to bring this here?

Below is the Sticker Cost and link to the new regs:

http://www.eregulations.com/newhampshir ... tion-fees/

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/ohrv/index.html

NH Resident
ATV, UTV, or Other OHRV (Club Member)** $66.00 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019

ATV, UTV, or Other OHRV (Non-Club Member) $96.00 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019

NON Resident

ATV, UTV, or Other OHRV (Club Member)** $76.00 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019

ATV, UTV, or Other OHRV (Non-Club Member) $106.00 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019

Must present proof of paid membership, at the time of registration, in a non-profit wheeled vehicle club that is a member club of the New Hampshire Off Highway Vehicle Association. Membership must be issued to the registrant for the corresponding registration year.

why are we paying twice as much and can't use their trails??????
supazuk

Re: NH OHRV Sticker program change and price hike

Postby Voodoo Chile » Mon May 14, 2018 3:45 pm

http://www.eregulations.com/newhampshir ... formation/

Conventional motor vehicles (cars and trucks) that are legally registered as a motor vehicle do not need an OHRV registration. Motorcycles that are registered for highway use must have an OHRV registration to operate off road.

I don't see anything that would apply to buggies but it would seem there is a grey area there and its mostly aimed at dirtbikes, utv and snowmobiles...
Jeff Cambray

Member BSJ
2010 JK R DD with 35" tires
1970 Stock Jeepster
Voodoo Chile

Postby supazuk » Mon May 14, 2018 11:43 pm

we need stickers if we are not plated we have been through this
if the buggie does not have a NH plate and inspection sticker it needs a OHRV sticker
the Issue is our clubs dont get the discount
supazuk

Postby Eric » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

Please feel free to take the lead and figure out what is necessary for NEA clubs to become eligible for the discount. One possible complication is that the NEA is a regional organization spanning multiple states although I doubt that would be a show stopper.
Eric

Postby supazuk » Tue May 15, 2018 10:31 pm

for now i joined this club;
https://www.nhohva.org/MC102172980/seac ... ail-riders
its 30 bucks but i have a trail bike too so saves me 30
supazuk

Postby Felipe Brunnar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:45 am

Last I knew the still wasn't a sticker program for our vehicle type. We do know the discussion has been forced by opening the Jericho trail. I will check with Marc to see if he has heard anything new.
Phil Wells - Yankee Toys
Felipe Brunnar

Postby measty » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:03 am

it would be in the NEA's best interest to find a solution to become a recognized "club" and to be able to qualify for members to get the cheaper registrations.

As a landowner I just signed papers with my local ATV club to grant permission to club members to use the property. The benefit for me as a landowner, per state law, I am held harmless for liability and at the same time provided up to $2m in liability insurance. As long as I am NOT charging for access to the property. The landowner is held harmless as long as they haven't done anything negligent.

Again, the key is the landowner cannot charge a fee. I my case I authorized use for ATV, UTV, Trail Bike, and Jeep/Truck. This would be a good way to gain access to more property by assuring landowners that they won't be held liable.
Mike Eastland
JF Offroad
NEA Secretary
NEA Delegate
measty

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:23 am

measty wrote:it would be in the NEA's best interest to find a solution to become a recognized "club" and to be able to qualify for members to get the cheaper registrations.

As a landowner I just signed papers with my local ATV club to grant permission to club members to use the property. The benefit for me as a landowner, per state law, I am held harmless for liability and at the same time provided up to $2m in liability insurance. As long as I am NOT charging for access to the property. The landowner is held harmless as long as they haven't done anything negligent.

Again, the key is the landowner cannot charge a fee. I my case I authorized use for ATV, UTV, Trail Bike, and Jeep/Truck. This would be a good way to gain access to more property by assuring landowners that they won't be held liable.

He's right, you know.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:12 am

The biggest challenge is that the NEA is not a club.

That said, anyone with interest is encouraged to step up and explore the possibilities.

mt.png
Eric

Postby measty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 pm

I contacted the president of my ATV club, I have their contact info at the state trails bureau. BUT, he had already been contacted by someone from DWE 4x4 so I am guessing that they are doing something. So I will wait and see for now but will be happy to jump in and help when needed.

I was also thinking about ENH as a possibility but they are not a club and the state requires legal clubs with a BOD and by-laws, etc so ENH is out.
Mike Eastland
JF Offroad
NEA Secretary
NEA Delegate
measty

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

I'd almost be willing to bet they'd review a request to be treated as a club if we could provide a membership list of individuals in our member clubs.

This would provide a show of hands of potential tourism numbers which is a proven persuader for funding.

:mrgreen:
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:20 pm

mrfreakinwhite wrote:I'd almost be willing to bet they'd review a request to be treated as a club if we could provide a membership list of individuals in our member clubs.
More or less what I was thinking . . .

The batters box is open . . .
Eric

Postby Felipe Brunnar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:09 pm

I contacted Chris and this is what I got back. I have seen OHRV stickers on jeeps before, but am baffled how they are getting them.

Me to Chris

I'm inquiring on the behalf of the NEA4WD if you have heard of any further discussion on the possibility of the current OHRV sticker program being expanded to include 4x4's such as the ones that use Jericho 4x4 trail and other private properties throughout NH. I figured you would be the best source as you were a tremendous help with our efforts dealing Jericho. Thank you for your time.

Chris to me
Christopher Gamache, Chief, Bureau of Trails at State of New Hampshire Division of Parks & Recreation

To my knowledge there have been no discussions to include 4x4’s into the NH OHRV Registration program. It would have to be a legislative initiative, but your group would need to meet with NH Fish & Game about it before that.
Phil Wells - Yankee Toys
Felipe Brunnar

Postby supazuk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:24 am

as far as do we need it and are we supposed to .. this has been already hashed out viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4407&p=67827&hilit=ohrv+stiCKER#p67827
And
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4509&p=70077&hilit=ohrv+stiCKER#p70077
supazuk

Postby mad1577 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:05 pm

I'm the one who contacted NHOHVA about becoming a member club. This was their response:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the inquiry about NHOHVA.  Currently in order to become an affiliated club of NHOHVA our by-laws state:

Any Off Highway Vehicle Club, duly organized and incorporated within the state of NH as a Non-profit Corporation, with compatible interest and purposes, is eligible for membership, upon acceptance of it's by-laws and dues structure by NHOHVA's Board of Directors, In addition, any club accepted after Oct 2013 must have a trail system that is recognized by the New Hampshire Trails Bureau as a viable club eligible for GIA and RTP grants.

Once approved by both BoT and NHOHVA BoD,  membership is $50 year plus a dollar amount per membership as derived from the "Tiered Fee Calculation" with the dollar amount being no greater than $10.  (current price).

NHOHVA's BoD is made up of a Director from each club and an executive committee.  Each club assigns an assistant director who can vote as the Director in their absence.  Meetings are held quarterly at various locations. Annual meeting are held in April which each club is allowed more delegates depending on their membership count.

Below are two links to The NH Trails Bureau to get you started.   

http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/pdf ... Letter.pdf     

https://www.nhstateparks.org/Activities ... ation.aspx   

Don't hesitate to call us with any questions at 413-200-8061,  or email here again.

Thank You!

NHOHVA CMP
DWE, NE4W
mad1577

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Felipe Brunnar wrote:I contacted Chris and this is what I got back. I have seen OHRV stickers on jeeps before, but am baffled how they are getting them.

Me to Chris

I'm inquiring on the behalf of the NEA4WD if you have heard of any further discussion on the possibility of the current OHRV sticker program being expanded to include 4x4's such as the ones that use Jericho 4x4 trail and other private properties throughout NH. I figured you would be the best source as you were a tremendous help with our efforts dealing Jericho. Thank you for your time.

Chris to me
Christopher Gamache, Chief, Bureau of Trails at State of New Hampshire Division of Parks & Recreation

To my knowledge there have been no discussions to include 4x4’s into the NH OHRV Registration program. It would have to be a legislative initiative, but your group would need to meet with NH Fish & Game about it before that.

I walked in to a licensing station in a convenience store and registered my Jeep Cherokee as NH OHRV in 2012, no issues. Just checked off the box for it and paid. She checked my MA registration.
I did it to be compliant off-road in NH because I needed an inspection sticker, and without it, was not "street registered."
This was after NH F&G ticketed a bunch of club members I was with near Carnage Hill.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby mad1577 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:31 pm

So I got this email today. It Appears these guys are willing to work on a solution for us. Any ideas on the the numbers of reg's in each club?

Hello Mike,

I have been working on alternatives for non BoT trail users like your user group.   Can you tell me, of all the Affiliated clubs of The North East Association Of 4x4 clubs, roughly the number of NH OHRV registrations each year are purchased?  We are wondering the total number so we can properly address the numbers and maybe come up with a alternative system for all.  We have many options on the table. 

Thank you,

Steve Wilkie

NHOHVA CMP
DWE, NE4W
mad1577

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Working on coming up with estimate. . .
Eric

Postby mad1577 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Eric wrote:Working on coming up with estimate. . .

Thanks. I think we have about 8-10 in DWE.
DWE, NE4W
mad1577

Postby kloppk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:01 am

For those interested in getting a discounted New Hampshire OHV sticker for their non-street registered rig just shoot me an email at kurtklopp@gmail.com

Be sure to include your Full Name, Mailing Address and Phone number.
Once I get that info I can then apply via the NHOHVA website to get you a discounted OHV registration voucher.
Kurt Klopp
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Baystate Jeepers Member
NE4W Member
kloppk
Treasurer

Postby wolfman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Only need the ohv reg in NH if it's not street registered?
Co founder Rock Bottom 4X4 AND VP
NTC MEMBER
Erik Stevens
wolfman

Postby kloppk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 pm

wolfman wrote:Only need the ohv reg in NH if it's not street registered?

Correct
Unlike Massachusetts that requires a OHV sticker regardless if street registered or not.
Kurt Klopp
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Baystate Jeepers Member
NE4W Member
kloppk
Treasurer

Postby mad1577 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Thanks for setting this up Kurt, Eric, and anyone else involved!
DWE, NE4W
mad1577

Return to Trail Conservation