nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Crawling For A Cure Offroad Club

Go here for club news or if your club is interested in joining.

Crawling For A Cure Offroad Club

Postby Voodoo Chile » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:34 am

Hi All,
I am pleased to announce that Crawling For A Cure now has an offshoot with Crawling For A Cure Offroad. We plan to apply for NEA membership in 2017. Crawling For A Cure was formed in October 2011, Crawling For A Cure Offroad was formed in August of 2016. We now have a full BOD, with myself Jeff Cambray as President (BSJ/OSJ), and some other familiar names in the BOD such as Amanda Sauer Peters (BSJ) as our VP, Kristin Cambray as our Development Coordinator and Secretary (as well as one of the co-founders of CFAC), Michael Landon (OSJ) as the DOT, Carl McIssac (BSJ) Director of Media, Pamela Roumas (Jon Fund) as Director at Large. We will also, like ECOJOCS, be applying for membership in NOVA.

We now have access to at least 3 private properties (Freetown MA, New Braintree MA, Monson MA). As many of our members are in other NEA4WD Clubs , we practice Tread Lightly and responsible sportsmanship and will be joining the Blue Ribbon Coalition (and possibly Tread Lightly). After our 4th Annual Event in Monson on 10/15/16, we will be meeting as a BOD to approve new bylaws and such and plan to be at the first quarterly meeting to formally apply for admission. Currently, we have members from NEA clubs such as Rock Bottom 4x4, ECOJOCS, BSJ, OSJ, Jon Fund and I apologize to any sister club I may have missed. We are as of now, over 20 paid members.

I plan and hope to maintain membership in BSJ and OSJ and we plan to have an active wheeling schedule as well as continue to support the Annual Crawling For A Cure fundraiser. I have obligations for the November meeting, but may try to get a delegate to speak on our behalf for that meeting to officially introduce the club and concept to the NEA member clubs. :up:

We currently have a private FB page for club business. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1132305846824496/
And a public page to promote the club and its activities: https://www.facebook.com/cfacoffroad/

Regards,

Jeff Cambray
Crawling For A Cure
Jeff Cambray

Member BSJ
2010 JK R DD with 35" tires
1970 Stock Jeepster
Voodoo Chile

Re: Crawling For A Cure Offroad Club

Postby RalphTomaccio » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Congratulations, Jeff. I wasn't aware you were forming a wheeling branch of Crawling for a Cure. Hope everything goes well for you.
RalphTomaccio

Postby axle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:04 am

will the new club be joining the NEA?
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby kloppk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Voodoo Chile wrote:.... We plan to apply for NEA membership in 2017...
Kurt Klopp
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Baystate Jeepers Member
NE4W Member
kloppk
Treasurer

Postby axle » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

missed that, thanks
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Voodoo Chile » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:09 pm

RalphTomaccio wrote:Congratulations, Jeff. I wasn't aware you were forming a wheeling branch of Crawling for a Cure. Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks Ralph! I do plan to remain a member at BSJ, but its time CFAC grew up a bit and got a better base for running the event. :afro:

We may try to get on the agenda for the Nov NEA meeting but I have to be in NYC that weekend. We will formally apply for NEA membership once we have our bylaws revised to reflect the addition of the Offroad Club element to our organization. :D
Jeff Cambray

Member BSJ
1970 Stock Jeepster
Voodoo Chile

Postby Voodoo Chile » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 pm

on behalf of Crawling For A Cure Offroad I would like to thank the NEA for the warm welcome to the Association and for a very fun day on an excellent property! Being an OSJ member I wheeled there this past summer and the trails are even better than I remember!

Was very nice to wheel with you all and had a great Fall Crawl Vibe. I really love it when clubs when together hence my desire to do some joint wheeling trips with other NEA clubs on runs that are not typically full. I cant predict how attendance will be at our club runs. Any club that wants to hang with us please feel free to message me. Mike Landon will also be registering with the forum soon as our Director of Trails so you can also reach out to Mike.

Looking forward to growing the club and contributing to the Association! :up: :hello: 8)
Jeff Cambray

Member BSJ
1970 Stock Jeepster
Voodoo Chile

Return to Club and Membership Information