nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

forums access

Please post in this section with your real name and club affilition for access into the working areas of this Forum

forums access

Postby soup31314 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey tammy

I went to click on one of the topics off the main page and it said im not authorized? As the president of NCRS shouldnt I have access to pretty much everything but the BOD stuff. At least that is what waterman says lol
Ron Garnett
President NCRS4x4
Nec aspera terrent
"No Fear on Earth"

vol·un·teer [vol-uhn-teer]
noun
a person who performs a service willingly, without pay or compensation.
soup31314

Re: forums access

Postby nofender » Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

soup31314 wrote:Hey tammy

I went to click on one of the topics off the main page and it said im not authorized? As the president of NCRS shouldnt I have access to pretty much everything but the BOD stuff. At least that is what waterman says lol

Funny...I ran into the same thing. As pres of NE4W I'd like access if possible.......
Andy Vega - NE4W
nofender

Postby travltek » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

I've heard the same complaint from MK BOD members. What can be done about this?
Tom
Mass Krawlers
New England Jeepz
travltek

Postby JayZR2 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Andy and Soup, you both do have access to everything but the BOD stuff.

traveltk, give me a list of your guys screen names and I will check their access.

We keep the executive session area for delegates and alternates only just to keep some order. Not everyone knows what screen name belongs to which person. It is hard for us to know who is speaking as the official "voice" of a club. If there is something in there you have a question about ask your delegate. That is why you picked them to represent your club. To be your voice. The only things discussed in their are matters of business that delegates should be sharing with their clubs anyway.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby nofender » Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 pm

JayZR2 wrote:Andy and Soup, you both do have access to everything but the BOD stuff.

traveltk, give me a list of your guys screen names and I will check their access.

We keep the executive session area for delegates and alternates only just to keep some order. Not everyone knows what screen name belongs to which person. It is hard for us to know who is speaking as the official "voice" of a club. If there is something in there you have a question about ask your delegate. That is why you picked them to represent your club. To be your voice. The only things discussed in their are matters of business that delegates should be sharing with their clubs anyway.

Just a thought....

If presidents have access, we can now measure the information flow from our delegates. Are we getting everything on a timely basis etc. I have complete confidence in my delegate. But I sure wouldn't mind seeing and reading on an as it happens basis.
Andy Vega - NE4W
nofender

Postby Rafikie » Mon May 14, 2012 7:31 pm

nofender wrote:
JayZR2 wrote:Andy and Soup, you both do have access to everything but the BOD stuff.

Just a thought....

If presidents have access, we can now measure the information flow from our delegates. Are we getting everything on a timely basis etc. I have complete confidence in my delegate. But I sure wouldn't mind seeing and reading on an as it happens basis.

this...... but I like knowing instantly too :mrgreen:
Jeremy
WM4x4
Built not Bought
Rafikie
Executive VP

Postby Zaedock » Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 pm

nofender wrote:If presidents have access, we can now measure the information flow from our delegates. Are we getting everything on a timely basis etc.

:shock: I better start winning those nightly battles for the computer. :mrgreen:

nofender wrote:I have complete confidence in my delegate.

:kiss:
Zaedock

Postby soup31314 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 am

nofender wrote:

Just a thought....

I like this idea also. This way if there is stuff that is being put out and we arent getting it then I can shit can my rep. is there a way to make it a read only option so we can see but cant post
Ron Garnett
President NCRS4x4
Nec aspera terrent
"No Fear on Earth"

noun
soup31314

Postby tammylynn » Fri May 18, 2012 2:09 pm

It's neither here nor there to me. I thought at one point club Presidents were added to the delegate-only sections for the exact reasons pointed out here but either I was mistaken or it changed at some point. I have no problem with allowing them...but that is where I would draw the line. We don't need a whole club's BOD added to the pot. Delegates, Alternates, and club Presidents. BUT the club Presidents need to contact us to be added and they or their club need to notify us when there are changes in leadership just like they are supposed to do when there is a change in the delegate/alternate. Hence why I created the thread to organize the club delegates/alternates.
tammylynn

Postby nofender » Fri May 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Sign me up then!

Thanks..
Andy Vega - NE4W
nofender

Postby soup31314 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:42 pm

sounds like a plan to me
Ron Garnett
President NCRS4x4
Nec aspera terrent
"No Fear on Earth"

noun
soup31314

Return to Forum Access