nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Forum Clean-up?

Please post in this section with your real name and club affilition for access into the working areas of this Forum

Forum Clean-up?

Postby Boneyardjeep » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Hey all, my name is Eric Lafrenais. I am the delegate for Ronin Wheelers. I have been a member for about a year and a half, but a delegate for our club for a year. I have been to a couple meetings and have meet some great people in this organization. I have been looking for the schedule for the meetings for some time now and with no luck, I haven't found it. I did however find the schedule for 2011,2012,2013 but not for this year. I also have been experiencing problems finding alot of things on here that i go looking for.
There seems to be a whole lot of old posts that have been on here since 2010 with no recent activity. Last year our club had a poor attendance for the meetings and my goal for this year was to have a perfect one. But now I see that we hve already missed the first meeting, and i still can't find the schedule. I did however see a post for the BOD meeting but was looking for the heading of 2014 meeting schedule like the other three years. If I had made it to the meeting this was going to be a point that I would have liked to have brought up.
i did send a pm to the site admin and figured that i would post up here to see if I am the only one. If not I apologize now. But would like to bring it to the table. I will read the minutes from the last meeting to catch up on what we missed. Thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.
Sincerely
Eric Boneyard Lafrenais
Delegate for the Ronin Wheelers
Boneyardjeep

Re: Forum Clean-up?

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 am

The information on this link should help give a guideline of what is where:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5023
Scott Hatch

Postby Boneyardjeep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Ok thanks...but still don't see a schedule for the meetings. Inthe first link it shows the 2013 schedule. Inguess that is what i am lookkng for. If anyone has it if they ciuld please post it so it is easily found that would be great. Thanks.
Boneyardjeep

Postby ducatidesmo851 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 pm

I have always struggles on this site also. If you stay current with all that is going on, in a year or so you start to get it.
Tim Landry
NTC
ducatidesmo851

Postby janesy86 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:00 am

Boneyardjeep wrote:Ok thanks...but still don't see a schedule for the meetings. Inthe first link it shows the 2013 schedule. Inguess that is what i am lookkng for. If anyone has it if they ciuld please post it so it is easily found that would be great. Thanks.

There is no formal post with a schedule of meetings that I know of...

In the meeting minutes from Nov there is a rough schedule that only has locations for the first two:

February 1 hosted by Ocean State Jeepsters (looking at Crown Auto in Canton, MA.
May 3 hosted by JonFund (near property in Winchendon, MA)
August 2 and November 1 - no host club at this time

This site is one of the more annoying ones to navigate, thats for sure. I usually just try to say active and just go to the list that has latest forum posts.
Nick
WM4x4 - Treasurer
janesy86

Postby axle » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:48 am

i think it is difficult mostly because there is so much info, and sometimes things are posted in a weird spot. but it is easier to keep up if you check in often. but there definitely should be a schedule thread every year in the same place.
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz, NEA VP, RI Land Chair
axle

Postby SnowJeeper » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:52 am

janesy86 wrote:
Boneyardjeep wrote:Ok thanks...but still don't see a schedule for the meetings. Inthe first link it shows the 2013 schedule. Inguess that is what i am lookkng for. If anyone has it if they ciuld please post it so it is easily found that would be great. Thanks.

There is no formal post with a schedule of meetings that I know of...

In the meeting minutes from Nov there is a rough schedule that only has locations for the first two:

February 1 hosted by Ocean State Jeepsters (looking at Crown Auto in Canton, MA.
May 3 hosted by JonFund (near property in Winchendon, MA)
August 2 and November 1 - no host club at this time

This site is one of the more annoying ones to navigate, thats for sure. I usually just try to say active and just go to the list that has latest forum posts.

I believe we're (GMC) hosting the Nov 1 meeting. Bethel, VT most likely.
Matt G.

Green Mt Crawlers - President
Summit Crawlers
SnowJeeper

Postby gorilla_skater » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:30 am

Northeast Jeep would like to host the Aug 2 meeting.
Rey Rasco
President
Northeast Jeep Org.
gorilla_skater

Postby Scott Hatch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:42 am

It wasn't too long ago that the forum was cleaned, many sections combined, and old sections archived. To be honest there are essentially 2 main sections of concern for the delegates.

1) Delegate, Chairs, and Officer section. This includes "General Business" and "Executive Business" as well as the areas for motions and voting. Typically speaking when there is motion or vote, an EO will send a PM to the delegates
2) Events - (a) Public and (b) Private

All of the other sections support the parent subject.

While I would love to slim this down further, my Admin buttons were taken away for some reason
Scott Hatch

Return to Forum Access