nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Land of Misfits Toy Drive - thru 01/13/09

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

Land of Misfits Toy Drive - thru 01/13/09

Postby rblank » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 pm

I heard this on the radio the other day while trying to figure out what to do with some of my own kids unwanted loot. I'll be dropping off my stuff on Monday 01/12 before I leave for Florida. I have an opportunity to be on the radio program with Tim if I can get enough stuff together.

Tim Leary & The Morning Showgram Announces its "Land of Misfits Toy Drive" on January 13th, 2009

The holidays have come and gone, and you are probably thinking to yourself, "Where am I going to put all this new stuff?" And if you have a young child, he or she has likely received a boat load of toys and games from their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends alike. Don't you wish you could get rid of some of the old stuff that they don't play with anymore to make room for the new?

Cat Country has your opportunity to do just that...as well as teach your children a valuable lesson on charitable giving.

Please join Tim Leary & the Morning Showgram for the "Land of Misfits Toy Drive" on Tuesday, January 13th from 6am-9am at the following drop-off locations. Simply donate any gently used toy or game at one of the participating locations between 6am-9am on January 13th, or at our radio station (during normal business hours, 9am-5pm). Don't forget to say hello to the Cat Country girls, enjoy complimentary refreshments, and enter to win "Free Coffee For A Year!" with Tim Hortons.

All of the collected items will be donated to needy children in Southern New England.

The participating locations are:

Tim Hortons
1242 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI

Tim Hortons
1000 Bald Hill Road
Warwick, RI 02886

Tim Hortons
1023 North Main Street
Fall River, MA 02721

Cat Country 98.1 WCTK (Administrative Office)
75 Oxford Street, Suite 402
Providence, RI 02905
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby axle » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Thats awsome! I will try to put something together too.
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby rblank » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:58 am

Bob Butler and I dropped off a bunch of toys for this drive this morning at the radio station. True to his word Tim Leary gave us a chance to talk about it on air (approximately at 7:50, just as the morning rush kicked off) and I had the opportunity to plug our clubs as well as the NEA. We were very well received by the radio station and I hope to capitalize on this budding relationship and get our names out there even more. I urge EVERYONE to push this among your clubs today, and where ever you drop off toys, make sure you mention that you're a 4x4 person, your club's name, and the NEA. :D
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby axle » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Great job Roger!
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby rblank » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Like I said, I couldn't have done it without your steadfast moral support. :)
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:19 pm

:up: Nice work guys!
tammylynn

Return to Public Events