Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

TrailRex

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

TrailRex

Postby tammylynn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:07 pm

For those who don't go on NEOW...

http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtop ... try1383543

TRAILREX ?09; THE BIGGEST OHV FESTIVAL IN THE NORTHEAST SET FOR AUGUST 20-23
Tons of dirt bike, ATV, and 4x4 activities planned for New York event with a goal of building alliances to gain more riding opportunities

The annual TrailRex (Trail Riders Expo) promises to be the biggest northeast OHV festival of the year! This four-day mega-event is slated for August 20-23 at the expansive grounds of the Indian Lookout Country Club in Pattersonville, NY (20 miles west of Albany). Though family fun is certainly the primary goal of TrailRex, the festival is also designed to build important alliances in an effort to increase riding opportunities in the northeastern states. Many riding clubs, dealers and sponsors are already on board to make the festival a success.
Highlighting TrailRex are the numerous riding/driving events that feature classes for a wide variety of OHVs, including ATVs, UTVs, Dirt Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4 Trucks, Rock Crawlers and there?s even a big Snowmobile grass drag event planned (see website for event details). However, the festival features much more than Motorsports competitions as there will be 8 different bands playing over the weekend with professional sound and light systems as well as a fireworks show every night. To keep everyone in the family happy there?s also a mechanical bull on hand, a Miss TrailRex Contest, Rock Wall, Bounce Rides, Dale Earnhardt Jr.s #88 (you can try your hand at changing a NASCAR tire too!), and a special ?surprise? exhibition from the Army National Guard and U.S. Marines like you?ve never seen before.

Event Highlights Include
? EnduroCross
? ATV/4x4 Truck Mud Bogs
? ATV Drags
? ? Mile Oval Flat Track (AMA)
? Rock Crawl
? Snowmobile Grass Drags
? 4x4 Truck Obstacle Course
? ATV Sled Pull
? FMX Exhibition
? Miss TrailRex Contest
? Mechanical Bull Contest
? Trials Show
? Custom Truck/Jeep, ATV, and Motorcycle Show
? Children/Family Entertainment Area
? Bounce Rides and Slides
? Toy Hauler/RV Dealer Display
? Youth Trail Ride
? Manufacturer Demo Rides
? Vendor Area
? Exhibition by Army NG and U.S. Marines
? Big Fireworks Show Saturday Night
? 8 Bands over the weekend to rock the house!!

Some of the Many Sponsors and Race Managers
? Can-Am
? Yamaha
? Polaris
? Kawasaki
? Suzuki
? Moose Racing
? Full Tilt Fabrication
? MotoComm
? 4-Wheeling 4 Healing
? Capital District Truck Center
? Electric City Riders
? NYS Powersport Dealers Association
? Rock Maple Racing Quad X
? Upstate New York Extreme
? Collar City Auctions
? OK Auto 4WD & Tire
? Pit Bull Tires
? Tamarack ATV Accessories
? Want Ad Digest.com
? Tom Wood?s Custom Drive Shafts
? Mud Tech
? Drakon Off-Road
? Diesel Decals

Great strides have already been taking place in regards to expanding northeast trail riding opportunities. In the past two years, the New York State Powersport Dealers Association (a primary sponsor of TrailRex) has helped riding clubs open over 800 miles of insured OHV trails on private lands. Over 70 dealerships and 26 OHV clubs will be involved in the TrailRex extravaganza this year with dozens of great sponsors on board as well.

To get more info and buy tickets online, go to www.trailrex.com or call 888-OHV-EXPO.

From the event manager to me:
You're display area and any clubs that would like to promote themselves is on us. Clubs can display in 10x10 or if you gather enough of them I'll foot the bill on a 20x30 or so tent and we'll set them all up in it. Bring in some tv's show event and trail video and get some new members. What ever you want to try within reason I'm game. Give me a call as soon as you can so we can get in motion. Bob Ski 518-864-7030

From what I understand you can camp out right at the event or there are some hotel/motels nearby.
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Good way to expand into and promote ourselves in the NY market.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby JayZR2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:26 pm

It's only about 2.5 hours from me. I should be able to make it. It's pretty close for Paula too.
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 pm

It would be cool to get an NEA group down there and camp out although it is $60 for three days if you do Fri-Sun.
tammylynn

Postby tammylynn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 pm

rblank wrote:Good way to expand into and promote ourselves in the NY market.

Kind of what I was thinking too. This seems like an event with a goal similar to our goal of maintaining and expanding trail access. Seems like they could use some groups to further the 4x4 branch of the event. While this would help us in NY it seems there are going to be people in attendance from a good portion of the northeast.
tammylynn

Postby Scott » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

If the NEA is going to have a booth at this, could I get you some Rally brochures? Do a little pimping for me? :D
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby stick500 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 pm

I went last year and it was a blast! It looks like they have twice as much stuff going on for this year. As well as being fun, it's also set up to get lots of connections between OHV users to gain more riding opportunities in the northeast.
stick500

Postby Paul » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Scott wrote:If the NEA is going to have a booth at this, could I get you some Rally brochures? Do a little pimping for me? :D

Hi Scott, paul here, treasurer of everything you're not treasurer of.
Yea, I printed some brochures and sent them to pat for the truck show a week back. There's a thread on the GAjR forum for it, we were chatting.
I got the brochure file, as well as the flyer, as well as the color paper thing pat gave me at the meeting.
I can do hundreds of color copies and mail them to whomever is serious about flyering/canvasing Jeeps.
I've already started in Western Mass.
:paul:

EDIT: :lol: oh yea, Trailrex you're speaking of. :lol:
Ya, I can get whomever goes the flyers they need, just drop me a PM.
carry on.
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby Scott » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks Paul, Lets see who's going. :wink:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby tammylynn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 am

I spoke to the Event Mgr yesterday on the phone and I highly recommend clubs urge their members to go to this if they can. Seems like a great event that is trying to unify motorized recreation groups to fight the battle....which is what we are all about. I know it is kind of a haul and there are so many other events right now but this is a good one and a chance to make some connections for the future.

The NEA will be having a booth on Saturday.
tammylynn

Postby RTrac1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

i got a company bbq saturday, but may head up sunday.

this is about 15minutes from my house 8)
'88 Zuk
Northeast Toyota Crawlers
RTrac1

Postby Scerb » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 pm

I'll probably go to this as well. Its about 30min from my apartment at school, which is WAYYY cooler than Rob's house 8)
'86 Toy with lots of stuff
'94 Toy with some stuff
Scerb

Postby RTrac1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:37 pm

dont make me post the picture of the party you had on your porch...
'88 Zuk
RTrac1

Postby tammylynn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:51 pm

RTrac1 wrote:dont make me post the picture of the party you had on your porch...

Was it a Scerb, party of one? :lol:
tammylynn

Postby RTrac1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

nah, it was him and some VERY close dude friends :P
'88 Zuk
RTrac1

Postby Scerb » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:16 pm

:shock:

I like your house Robbie :P
'86 Toy with lots of stuff
'94 Toy with some stuff
Scerb

Postby RTrac1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:11 pm

yeah, thats what i thought! 8)
'88 Zuk
RTrac1

Postby powerlinek9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:37 am

Scerb wrote::shock:

I like your house Robbie :P

LMAO!!!

i'm gonna try to be there. i'll pimp the GAJR fliers i guess. was going to pay for a booth but thats like work. i'll just goof off and enjoy the show instead
If You've Got The Nuts, Follow My Ruts!
powerlinek9

Postby tammylynn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 am

If anybody knows for sure they are going, the event manager asked me to have them go to the following link, complete the registration process, and order their tickets online.

https://www.trailrex.com/users/new

Also if anyone wants us to put something out for them at the NEA4WDC booth we can do that. You just have to take care of getting whatever it is to us before the event. :wink:
tammylynn

Postby tammylynn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Definitely a good time. Definitely a little redneck. Definitely very, very muddy. :lol:

I pimped for NTC-seeing as how most people asking for clubs were in the area. A lot of Adirondack area wheeling inquiries. I recommended the people check out all the clubs and see what they have to offer.

Pimped the Jeep Rally to some people trying to decide between Vermonster and Jeep Rally..ha ha.

Josh...every time I saw a cowboy hat yesterday I looked for you..and there were a lot of cowboy hats and rebels. :D

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/drmangelsxj/Trail%20Rex%202009/ Wish I could've taken more but the booth was actually getting pretty good traffic yesterday.
tammylynn

Postby RTrac1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:35 pm

went up for the day today to watch the rock crawl (that didnt happen :( ) got to see some tough truck, then some buddies messing around on the pile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPO7TyA0fI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyDUud77ac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R22_YVGocJ8

thanks for putting our name out there, but I'm the only one from NTC that lives out here :lol: Im in another local club, but they arent NEA members.

we'll see if any show any interest, i find its worth it to travel they should too 8)
'88 Zuk
RTrac1

Return to Public Events