nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

2nd Annual Misfit Toys Drive

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

2nd Annual Misfit Toys Drive

Postby rblank » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:58 am

Some of us helped out and donated some things last year, and I know people have been asking about this years. I apologize for the short notice.

I'll be making my drop off at the Cardi's in South Attleboro. If anyone wants to donate, but can't make the trip that day, I will gladly take it for you. Please just get it to me before then. I'll be working at the new house in Attleboro all day Saturday, and every weeknight after work. Just PM me to make arrangements.

http://www.wctk.com/extra01.php

The holidays have come and gone, and you are probably thinking to yourself, "Where am I going to put all this new stuff?" And if you have a young child, he or she has likely received lots of toys and games from their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends alike. Don't you wish you could get rid of some of the old stuff that they don't play with anymore to make room for the new?

Cat Country has your opportunity to do just that...as well as teach your children a valuable lesson on charitable giving.

Please join Tim Leary & the Morning Showgram for the 2nd Annual "Land of Misfits Toy Drive" on Thursday, January 21st from 6am-9am at the following Cardi's drop-off locations. Simply donate any gently used toy or game at one of the participating locations between 6am-9am on January 21st, and you will be eligible to win a FREE Year of Child Care, courtesy of The Children's Workshop!

You can also enter to win a free year of child care by visiting any of The Children's Workshop's locations and completing a registration form. For locations and details, please visit www.childrensworkshop.com

All of the items collected at our 2nd Annual "Land of the Misfits Toy Drive" will be donated to needy children in Southern New England. We are currently working with several local shelters, government agencies, low income day care facilities, and boys & girls clubs - but if you know of an organization that accepts gently used toys, please contact Amanda at amanda@wctk.com. We'd love to hear of more charities that could benefit from all the wonderful donations that we receive!

The participating drop-off locations are:

CARDI'S FURNITURE SUPERSTORE
1681 Quaker Lane (Rt. 2)
West Warwick, RI 02893
401-826-5600
(Exit 8 off of I-95)

CARDI'S FURNITURE SUPERSTORE
999 Newport Ave (Rt. 1A)
South Attleboro, Ma 02703
508-915-5600
(Exit 2B off of I-95)

CARDI'S FURNITURE
790 Iyannough Road
Hyannis, MA 02601
508-862-8225
(Kmart Plaza, Across from
Cape Cod Mall)

CARDI'S FURNITURE MATTRESSES ONLY
127 Faunce Corner Road
North Dartmouth, Ma 02747
508-858-5499
(MA exit 12, off of I-195)
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby tammylynn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 am

If we can keep track of donations and info this would be a good Press Release opp.
tammylynn

Postby rblank » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 am

Already thought of that. :up:
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby axle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am

I'm already raidin' closets. :lol:
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby rblank » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

Does anyone else actually have anything for this. All the stuff I thought I had, must have gotten destroyed in the fire. :(
rblank

Postby axle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 am

I need to get on my kids, I'll let you know.
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Return to Public Events