nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

2010 DWE truckshow

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

2010 DWE truckshow

Postby frosty » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Deepwoods Extreme is excited to announce the date and new venue for our 9th annual 2010 truck show and rock crawl

july 25th, 2010. The show will be held at Gunstock Mountain resort in gilford NH ---directions--- http://www.gunstock.com/about_us/directions/
Gunstock has been fantastic to work with and we believe that the new location will increase the caliber of our show by offering a better location as well as facility at which to hold our show.

The biggest plus to this years location is the fact that Gunstock has an onsite 300 campsite campround.
http://www.gunstock.com/upload/photos/7 ... 07_web.pdf

We will be running a bus service between the campground, spectator parking, and the show.

reservations for camping can be made anytime, but we are currently working on a show promotion special to entice people to camp. we may have our own safarai area to take over! There will hopefully be a deal on an activites pass for the young ones that can be used throughout the weekend at the resort. http://www.gunstock.com/summer/activiti ... es_guests/

Although we may have our own corner of the campground there are still rules to be followed. An alternate camping area not far from gunstock has been established for the all nighter crowd who wish to have a bit wilder time.

The lift should be up and running the weekend we are there. there is horseback riding, a pool, a skate park, rock climbing wall and much more. Plus you are in the lakes region of NH which is a great place to spend a weekend anyway!

Ribfest will be going on at the resort the 24th. show up on saturday, get fat, and enjoy the area!

As for this years show, the "course" will be a bit different than prior years. Still the fantastic rock pile, but with some additional "obstacles!"

Price will remain the same as last year with $10 getting you into the show! Your vehicle as well, if you are entering it into the show and shine. portions of proceeds will be going to charity as well as the NEA. 12 years old and under are free.

Refer to the picture below for the shows layout. the property is borken up into 3 "levels". the upper level where my truck is parked will be trailer/competitor parking. The middle level will include some vendors as well as viewing of the rock crawl arena which will be located in the lower right level directly below the middle spectator area. The far lower area on the left will be the show and shine as well as the rest of the vendors row. If your club wishes to reserve a block of spots for the show and shine please pm me.

The new truck show area will improve on the safety of our guests by elimating any vehicles driving "through" vendors row during the show.

We will have the infamous RTI ramp available as well as powerwheels races for the kids.

This event is alcohol free and will be strictly enforced.

Anyone that has any questons or suggestions about this years show please feel free to pm me at anytime. We are always looking for new ideas.

We hope to see you there and stay tuned for additional updates!

frosty
Last edited by frosty on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
another deep woods guy
frosty

Postby axle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Refer to the picture below?

Posted on NEJZ
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:18 pm

:lol: I thought the same thing :lol:

Posted to NEWJO and email sent to the old crotchety Ba$tards of New England 4 Wheelers Inc
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby rvgjeep1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:37 pm

axle wrote:Refer to the picture below?

Posted on NEJZ

Its on NEOW.
Roy VanGemert
Just a regular guy
DeepWoods Extreme Inc.
4X4 Club of S. New Hampshire
rvgjeep1

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Posted BSJ and GAJR forums.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby Scott Hatch » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Here is the picture

Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:15 am

I'm sure he just wasn't sure how to post pics here. I have to try and help Roy every time he wants to post a pic on here and even I still can't figure it out. :lol:

I know some voiced concerns before about distance but it really is not much further than going to the fairgrounds for most people and I think the fact that we finally have an on-site campground and options for people to make a weekend out of it compensates for the distance in travel. Unfortunately the fairgrounds were not meeting our needs anymore and we were limited as to what we could offer those who came to the show. Gunstock is very excited to have us and they seem very willing to work with our ideas. Jeff (mudrunner2645) worked very hard on putting this together and I think it is going to be a great show!
tammylynn

Postby Zaedock » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 am

I used to ski Gunstock all the time.

Awesome venue for the show. 8)
Zaedock

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 am

tammylynn wrote:I'm sure he just wasn't sure how to post pics here. I have to try and help Roy every time he wants to post a pic on here and even I still can't figure it out. :lol:

I just saved the pic to my photobucket account and linked from there :up:

Feel free to use my link
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am

That's usually how I do it and then I highlight the link and click on the IMG button. But sometimes it doesn't display the pic.
tammylynn

posted OSJ

Postby barefootbob » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

posted this up on OSJ. Gunstock is a great area ... should be lots of fun.
member SSW
barefootbob

Postby unlimited » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am

Posted on OffCamber
unlimited

Re: 2010 DWE truckshow

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:50 am

posted on jonfund.com
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President