nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Go Topless Day Trail

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

Go Topless Day Trail

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 am

If you were impressed by the trail last year, wait until you see it this year.
It has grown. The new section we added yesterday is, let's just say, optional.

If you'd like to volunteer THIS Saturday, April 10th, e-mail me at presidentATjonfundDOTcom.
We're looking for additional volunteers for general clean up of one particular stretch of parking.
Shovel and rake work on top hills.
Rock garden rock placement.
Making some obstacles for "stock" rigs,because we know this year many portions of the trail are much harder.

Vendor support for the NEA4WD raffle items is pretty strong, so the better Go Topless Day is, the better the raffle will do for the NEA4WD.

Besides, it is just down right fun building and testing trails. :)
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby tammylynn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 am

:(
tammylynn

Postby mightymeglet » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:46 am

tammylynn wrote::(

don't be sad, I have a plan. I can't wheel right now due to personal issues. So I'll distract Mike White, maybe a trail of cookies leading away from Lucy, I'll take the keys (if he does not leave them in her) and you hop in and drive away. I'll then meet up with you and we can go play with Lucy and Mike will be in a cookie coma and forget about Miss Lucy. :D

I'd love to come help you but I don't think I'm up for driving 4 hours in one day and none of them wheeling.
mightymeglet

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:04 pm

mightymeglet wrote:I'd love to come help you but I don't think I'm up for driving 4 hours in one day and none of them wheeling.
just bring your tj
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:09 am

Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby axle » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 pm

nice work Mike!
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Scott » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Nice work!!! Are the trails going to be led by volunteers like last year? My only though is some of the yahoo's will get a little carried away if they don't have a chaperon. Last year we had a little mud at GAJR and some thought they had to rip it up... With a wide open trail like that you'll have to keep your eye out for wanderers. :wink:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Scott wrote:Nice work!!! Are the trails going to be led by volunteers like last year? My only though is some of the yahoo's will get a little carried away if they don't have a chaperon. Last year we had a little mud at GAJR and some thought they had to rip it up... With a wide open trail like that you'll have to keep your eye out for wanderers. :wink:
All the controls we had last year will be in place and improved. Many of the same trail guides are returning, new ones have been out there 'learning' the trail.
I was actually out there tonight doing more recon for our May 1st work day and making notes of specific areas of improvement.
Some terrain has been moved around, so we'll make some fixes to Snapper Pond to make it deeper. We're relocating the rock garden to the very end of the trail (for 33s/locker). One section in the video (Heaven and Hell Hill) I think we'll re-route to keep the photo opportunities on one side. It won't make it easier (winding steep climbs), might even make it a little bit harder, but I'm trying to make a safe area for the crowd and maximize photo ops.
The pro-photographer from last year is returning and we're working on a BIG opportunity to get people very high quality images and prints.

I thought last year's trail was surprisingly fun, considering how little time was put into it, using what we had. With 3 or 4 Saturdays invested before the event, this year's additions have really increased the fun and unique features.

Ice Cream
Rock Band Tent
Same great catering
DJ
Increased club booth participation
and more

If anyone wants to help on May 1st, we're not doing much. Just making a lake and a moving a mountain. We'll also be setting a mile or two of tomato stakes in.

We will NOT be doing this again :lol:
or this
unless we do.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby BILLYjp2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:12 am

no pics of Mark with his tires in the air?
New England Overland Outfitters, FTR
http://neoverlandoutfitters.com
BILLYjp2

Return to Public Events