nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

CANCELLED!! Northeast Recreational Patrol Training Kick-off

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

CANCELLED!! Northeast Recreational Patrol Training Kick-off

Postby tammylynn » Tue May 11, 2010 11:12 am

Please join us for our first Trail Patrol training session on June 19th in Derry NH! The session will include some information/materials concerning basic First Aid and what to do when you encounter an emergency. This will not be certification in any way of First Aid but we'll leave you with a small reference book you can carry in your vehicles.

The following link has all of the information for the course so please pass this on to your clubs! http://nea4wd.org/articles/index.cfm?fa ... CLE_ID=298 This course can be attended by anyone, not just club members.

Patrols are a service we can offer to municipalities, landowners, local businesses such as farms and others that see illegal traffic on their property. While they may not be interested in becoming certified patrollers, the session would be very informative to them as to how we operate.
Last edited by tammylynn on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
tammylynn

Postby Bill H » Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 am

Posted CCJC
CCJC - Vice President aka Go Around Bill
Jay's truck is awesome!!!
Bill H

Postby tammylynn » Tue May 11, 2010 11:29 am

I forgot to add that Pre-registration is required for this event so we ensure the proper distribution of materials.
tammylynn

Postby schwalby » Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 am

posted BSJ
Josh Schwalb

Co-Chairman - Great American Charitable Events
Co-Chairman - Great American Jeep Rally
Creator - Folded Flag Tribute Jeep
schwalby

Postby XJ Maki » Tue May 11, 2010 1:01 pm

posted nejeep
Bic W.
Northeast Jeep Org.
XJ Maki

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue May 11, 2010 1:22 pm

posted NEWJO
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby barefootbob » Wed May 12, 2010 2:47 pm

posted on OSJ. Have some early interest but no commitments yet.
member SSW
barefootbob

Postby tammylynn » Wed May 12, 2010 4:38 pm

:lol: Yeah, if only this filled up as fast as Fall Crawl.
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Wed May 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Come on now.....you expected anything less? No worries, the plan is there now! :up:
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby axle » Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 pm

posted on NEJZ we do have a trail ride that day though.
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Re: Northeast Recreational Patrol Training Kick-off

Postby Fezzik » Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Posted NEZR2
-Karl
Delegate NEZR2, INC

09 WK D/D
Found a trail rig, :twisted:
88 MJ now need to build it
Fezzik

Postby Cookiemanx7 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Posted SSW
John Price

President of South Shore Wheelers
OSJ
UFWD Volunteer Trail Patrol
Mohawk 4X4 Adventures
Cookiemanx7

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 am

posted on jf
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Wed May 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Can the date be added to the first post, please?

From article:
Come join us for our first Northeast Recreational Patrol Training session. We'll cover the basics of trail patrols as well as some basic first aid and what to do when you encounter an emergency situation!

The first session will be held on Saturday June 19th, at the Marion Gerrish Community Center, Derry NH from 10am to 12pm. Cost for the session is $40 which will cover all of your materials: t-shirt, vehicle decal, antenna flag, basic first aid mini-book, and class booklets. Light snacks and beverages will be provided and there are plenty of restauants in the area for dining after the session. All participants who attend the entire session will receive a certificate of completion as a Certified Trail Patroller and will be authorized to coordinate and attend actual patrols.

If you have attended a certified training session in the past through the NEA4WDC, you can attend this session at no cost if you are interested but, you will not receive any of the available materials unless you submit a paid registration for the course. You do not need to attend this course to maintain certification! We will be doing other training sessions throughout the Northeast and if clubs are interested in doing this at one of their meetings, please contact Tammy Van Gemert. The intent will be to establish this as a 'Train the Trainer' type program.

Please complete and submit the attached registration form along with payment which is due at the time of registration. If you have trouble with the form, please let us know and we can provide a PDF version. Forms can be mailed to NEA4WDC, PO Box 67, Weare NH, faxed to 603-529-8369, or e-mailed. Payment can be mailed to the address above or sent via Paypal using the button below. The Paypal address is donations@nea4wd.org Please mark all payments and mail with June Trail Patrol and make checks payable to NEA4WDC.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby tammylynn » Wed May 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Added date and town.
tammylynn

Postby Cookiemanx7 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Bumped on my forum
John Price

President of South Shore Wheelers
OSJ
UFWD Volunteer Trail Patrol
Mohawk 4X4 Adventures
Cookiemanx7

Postby Jeepin Dave » Thu May 20, 2010 8:19 am

Posted on MassKrawlers
Easing my way back into the Jeep thang...
Jeepin Dave

Postby Jeepin Dave » Thu May 20, 2010 9:17 am

MODS please move this to another thread if this isnt the right location.

A member posted a question on our site already about this. I know I could answer it my own words, but I wanted to see if you guys had a better answer for this as you are more involved in this. My short answer was yes to both. Long term, it could open up speacial trails to us as a whole by the positive outcomes of this program. Short term, it will help to keep the current trails open by edumakating the local trail users on the responsible way to use the trails. But perhaps someone on here can give a better answer, I can cross post it.

[quote=pudbrother]im interested, because im into the whole certification thing. but what does this do for the club or a person in general. for instance does this allow us access to any special trails as a club, or does it help us to keep local trails open?[/quote]
Jeepin Dave

Postby tammylynn » Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 am

Your answers are perfect actually. Patrol programs serve a few purposes which will be outlined in the course. So as to not give too much away, the goals are as mentioned...continued access to trails, future access to trails by demonstrating to landowners and local authorities that we are being responsible about how we recreate and educating others-not just in 4WD recreation but any type of recreation. By holding patrols we let the other recreationalists know we are out there and we care about the places where we go and we want others to do the same. In many cases patrols have been known to decrease illegal activity in the areas patrolled as long as patrols are done consistently in those areas. The underlying theme is that patrols are non-confrontational but there is a quiet form of self-policing going on so we can show local authorities that we can assist with their lack of manpower to be out in target areas enforcing. That can produce very positive long-term results.
tammylynn

Postby Jeepin Dave » Thu May 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Ok more questions... IM sorry for all of them. If you would prefer, I can do them through PM's... :oops:

So it seems this has sparked some interest in our club bringing on a few questions. This one coming up is about 3+ hours from us and for a 2 hour long meeting.... well, a few of us are thinking to wait for the next one that is closer.

But, you mentioned doing this at a club meeting? So whats involved with this? Just see if we can figure out a date that works? Is there a minimum # of peeps you would want at it?

Also, what if MK sponsered one here in our area? Maybe for anyone who wanted to attend? Again whats involved there?
Jeepin Dave

Postby tammylynn » Fri May 21, 2010 1:07 pm

I love questions! :)

We will be doing more of these in various locations. When we were using the United Four Wheel Drive Associations' program we did a session in MA so that is why I am starting off in NH.

Clubs interested in having a training session at one of their meetings or hosting an open session would just need to contact me to let me know when and provide me with a key point of contact. I will work with that person for registrations. In order for individuals to receive their materials the $40 per/person rate would apply even in a club setting. There really is no limit of how many people-that just depends on what you have for spacing/seating for people. The club would be responsible for pimping the session, securing the location, and providing refreshments for during the class. As stated previously, this is something anyone can benefit from and though most patrols will be orchestrated via member clubs of the NEA4WDC, anyone is welcome to take the course and receive their certificate.
tammylynn

Postby navman » Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm

I am also interested in this, however I have been waiting all year for the club run axle posted. If this is happening on a different day somewhere I'm in.
Mark
WM4x4
navman

Postby smokinsilverrt » Sat May 22, 2010 1:55 am

i took this course it was a great course alot of great info. :up:
Tim Connors,delagate for Deep Woods Extreme
smokinsilverrt

Postby tammylynn » Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Please pass on to your clubs

If I do not have anyone sign up for this training session by the end of this coming week, I will be re-scheduling due to adequate time necessary to order the materials. So far, nobody has committed to attending and I can't wait until the last minute. I'd like to see 20-30 people signed up to make this worthwhile. It would be nice to have each club send at least one representative and a suggestion might be perhaps to cover their course fee. The ultimate goal of this program will be to establish it as a "Train the Trainer"-type course.
tammylynn

Postby Fezzik » Sun May 30, 2010 6:42 pm

update sent
-Karl
Delegate NEZR2, INC

09 WK D/D
Fezzik

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon May 31, 2010 6:54 am

bumped

It is the week before a big event and a long drive... Only 7 people read the post.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby tammylynn » Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 pm

I know things are getting busy and that is a busy weekend for some...being Father's Day weekend and all. Unfortunately there will always be some sort of scheduling conflict I'm sure. :? I planned this in NH because last time we did it in MA and all the NH people complained. Perhaps since none of them are coming out of the woodwork to sign up I will just reschedule for MA or somewhere "south". :lol:
tammylynn

Postby BobCCJC » Mon May 31, 2010 3:46 pm

:up: ya... maybe the Cape.... :lol:

Seriously speaking, If you are looking this far south... Check with me for availability...
Secretary - Cape Cod Jeep Club
Board of Directors
Founding Member
BobCCJC

Postby tammylynn » Mon May 31, 2010 9:06 pm

I'd love an excuse to come down there again..lol I wonder though if that is the same as some coming to NH...what are people's thoughts? Could we/you organize any local wheeling after?
tammylynn

Postby tammylynn » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:10 am

I'm a little disappointed that I have to announce the first scheduled session is cancelled. :( I'll work on rescheduling for a later date. If any clubs want to schedule one in the meantime, let me know. I need to cut-off registrations at least a couple weeks prior to allow for ordering materials as they are ordered per registration. We don't want to do a bulk order and sit on inventory.
tammylynn

Postby Fezzik » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:24 pm

I'll update on NEZR2
-Karl
Delegate NEZR2, INC

09 WK D/D
Fezzik

Postby Pat C » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:12 am

Even though it was necessary to cancel, Thank You for the time and effort you put into this, Tammy.

It is a worthwhile program and can definitely be a benefit to those who attend. We also have several more member clubs, so I would think there would be a need.

I was thinking about the one in Worcester, MA. It was well attended and one factor may have been the time of year. I believe it was held in early or mid March before everyone's schedules got too full. Maybe that contributed to the lack of response for this one.

Thanks again, Tammy.

Pat
Pat Charron
Baystate Jeepers
Pat C

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 am

Tammy,
I'm not sure if you could, but if we have interest would you consider Sturbridge, MA or even CT?
We bought Scott a nice lunch and paid for his gas. And obviously people would be paying for the course.

Some feedback we've had is location and our busy schedule.

(and thank you)
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby tammylynn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks Pat. :D I had hoped to get this done during the non-busy time but certain factors limited that. :(

And absolutely Mike!
tammylynn

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:58 am

tammylynn wrote:Thanks Pat. :D I had hoped to get this done during the non-busy time but certain factors limited that. :(

And absolutely Mike!
I'll post up.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Return to Public Events