nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Bethel Jeep Jamboree 2010

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

Postby NHsignmaker » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:36 am

Anyone else going? Anyone that was at the Killington Jeep Jamboree also?
Would like to see some familar faces there...haven't seen any pics of Killington posted yet, anyone have some?
I'll be there along with Sue and Melissa, the silent one...only now she's a gimp...lost her left arm somewhere in the woods outside Barnard Vt. Reward offered if anyone finds it! I think we were running the Chatageua (spelling?) trail that Wendell lead at Killington...it must have fallen off somewhere out there and no one noticed...

Roland
2003 Rubicon, 4" lift, skid plates end to end...hand throttle, Vair onboard, 33 x 12 Cepek Crushers, Warn Winch, custom bumpers
Ready to roll anytime and lead trails in my area!
NHsignmaker

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:39 pm

We have a group from Ocean State Jeepsters going to the Maine Jamboree. Mike & Stacey, Bill, and Matt.
Eric

Postby TexsDream77 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Myself and Mike White also.

Heading for my camp on Wed before the Jamboree. Heading north on Thursday to make it there around 2 or 3. Staying at the Bethel Outdoor Rec Campground around the corner from the Bethel Inn.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 4" Superlift. 37's, D-60 front, Detriots F&R 5.13 gears

SSW Vice President
TexsDream77

Postby NHsignmaker » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:58 am

We didn't realize there was a campground right there...we're staying at Papoose Pond down the road a bit. Used to stay there when our kids were little.
2003 Rubicon, 4" lift, skid plates end to end...hand throttle, Vair onboard, 33 x 12 Cepek Crushers, Warn Winch, custom bumpers
NHsignmaker

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

TexsDream77 wrote:Myself and Mike White also.

Heading for my camp on Wed before the Jamboree. Heading north on Thursday to make it there around 2 or 3. Staying at the Bethel Outdoor Rec Campground around the corner from the Bethel Inn.
And Mike Eastland, Aaron & Mike Jezouit
:up:
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby TexsDream77 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:25 pm

I got my 60 pretty much figured out... only hurdle now is the steering and braking... but, that's not important right.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 4" Superlift. 37's, D-60 front, Detriots F&R 5.13 gears

SSW Vice President
TexsDream77

Postby Scott » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:44 pm

I still can't figure out why the JJ officials picked the same weekend as the GAJR. :roll:

:lol:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

JJ and GAJR

Postby NHsignmaker » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:17 am

The Bethel Jeep Jamboree sold out within a week or so of going open last November...and most of the people we have run into at the Killington Jamboree and other places are there for repeat times...so I don't think it is taking away from your rally-however, maybe some co-operation between the two groups, the sponsoring locations, the volunteer hosts...could result in moving one or the other in future years.
But I wouldn't be surprised if next year's is already locked in place on a calendar to make sure all the pieces come together...
probably have to have 'your people' contact 'their people' and 'they'll do lunch' and 'get back to you' for a couple months.
Would it be worth it? I'd say so...another weekend to plan a major jeep trip!
Good luck....
NHsignmaker

Re: JJ and GAJR

Postby tammylynn » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:35 pm

NHsignmaker wrote:The Bethel Jeep Jamboree sold out within a week or so of going open last November...and most of the people we have run into at the Killington Jamboree and other places are there for repeat times...so I don't think it is taking away from your rally-however, maybe some co-operation between the two groups, the sponsoring locations, the volunteer hosts...could result in moving one or the other in future years.
But I wouldn't be surprised if next year's is already locked in place on a calendar to make sure all the pieces come together...
probably have to have 'your people' contact 'their people' and 'they'll do lunch' and 'get back to you' for a couple months.
Would it be worth it? I'd say so...another weekend to plan a major jeep trip!
Good luck....

I'm pretty sure the laughing smiley meant he was just kidding. :wink:
tammylynn

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 pm

:wink: I was busting Steve's balz.

We will hopefully have a date for the 2011 rally picked by this Rally. It's going to move back to the week before the fall Vermontster hopefully.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 pm

A couple JJ USA employees might come with us from Maine to the Rally, so it works out pretty well.

I'm not sure if 4x4 Group Buy is coming to GAJR this year? I know they'll (he'll) be in ME for JJ USA cuz he lives down the road and is a member of the host club.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 pm

TexsDream77 wrote:I got my 60 pretty much figured out... only hurdle now is the steering and braking... but, that's not important right.
I didn't see steering or brakes on their safety check list. F it! wheel it!
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby TexsDream77 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 am

Scott wrote::wink: I was busting Steve's balz.

We will hopefully have a date for the 2011 rally picked by this Rally. It's going to move back to the week before the fall Vermontster hopefully.

He missed the post somewhere a long time ago about the Rally not wanting to put the event on a weekend of a "major" NE Jeep event, so they booked it the same weekend as Jamboree Bethel. Jamboree Bethel is the same weekend every year for the last 20 years. This is the 21st event.

And... thans Scott... you just volunteered to tow me and my Jeep home from the Rally so I can SLEEP! Anyone who's been to the Jamboree knows we don't sleep for 3 days anyway! Your schedule has destroyed my comatose Sunday leasurely 11am breakfast followed by a few hours of fix-the-Jeep time before the long ride home.

SSW Vice President
TexsDream77

Postby TexsDream77 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:47 am

mrfreakinwhite wrote:
TexsDream77 wrote:I got my 60 pretty much figured out... only hurdle now is the steering and braking... but, that's not important right.
I didn't see steering or brakes on their safety check list. F it! wheel it!

Planning on it!

If your up for leaving a day early, I'm taking off Wed and heading up to my camp in Milton, NH. Either going to spend the night there or up in N. Conway.

SSW Vice President
TexsDream77

trails at Bethel JJ

Postby NHsignmaker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 pm

anyone have suggestions for which trails to try and get? We've heard about a 'Chili' trail?
At Killington we've run Bullwinkle's Revenge, I think most of the higher rated trails-right now I can't think of any names :?...but want some challenging but not damaging trails with fun and excitement-not driving around Class VI all day for the views... :wink:
so I'd be glad to hear from those that have been there and can compare to Killington trails...
Roland
NHsignmaker

Return to Public Events