nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Wheeling for the Lost 2012 - Success!

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

Wheeling for the Lost 2012 - Success!

Postby Tobit » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Wow! Today, Brian LaVoie, Opal Justice, The VT Jeepgirl, and I just wrapped up our 6 states in 6 days wheeling event to raise awareness and money for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. We actually finished a day early and, according to my trip odometer, I covered 760 miles in 5 days.

Many of the pics can be found on the Wheeling for the Lost facebook page.

Day 1 - Sat. June 2nd -- We began our trip by wheeling some Vermont Class 4's with The VT Jeepgirl and her husband. Afterwards, we headed off to The Granville Forum in Granville, NY for a benefit concert by Nashville recording artist Opal Justice. Opal is a country singer/songwriter who is best known in the Jeep community for her hit Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps.

Day 2 - Sun. June 3rd -- We made our way south through Mass. and into Connecticut where we set up a booth before heading off on a fire road/trail that would take us across state lines and into Rhode Island. After the trail ride, it began to pour rain all the way on our trip to Plymouth Mass.

Day 3 - Mon. June 4th -- We left Plymouth, Mass. and began our way North into NH and Maine. Unfortunately, the weather was miserably for much of the drive and I finally made the executive decision to call the day a wash and to take cover in a Barrington, NH movie theater where we watched MIB3. After the movie, we headed to Sanford, ME to crash for the night.

Day 4 - Tue. June 5th -- We woke, ate some great breakfast at a diner in Sanford, ME, and headed back into the Rochester/Strafford area of NH where we wheeled several Class VI roads and then headed off to Lebanon Maine to run a trail/road there. Afterwards, we headed to Scarborough Maine to crash for the night as we had to be at the Scarborough Police Station at 9:30 am the next day to setup our booth.

Day 5 - Wed. June 6th -- We established our booth at the Scarborough, ME police department. One of our visitors was a member from a local ATV/Snowmobile club whom is very appreciative of our efforts and would like to work with us more going forward.

This is all just a brief synopsis of our past week, much more went on behind the scenes and it was a truly inspirational and motivational experience for at least myself. I met several new friends along the way and couldn't imagine a better way to spend my time.
Tobit

Re: Wheeling for the Lost 2012 - Success!

Postby Bill H » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Sounds pretty cool... But Plymouth, MA? Who would ever go there :?:
CCJC - Vice President aka Go Around Bill
Jay's truck is awesome!!!
Bill H

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:38 am

Nice!!
Eric

Postby Tobit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 am

Bill H wrote:Sounds pretty cool... But Plymouth, MA? Who would ever go there :?:

Our original plan was Duxbury Beach but it was getting late and the weather was nasty so we crashed for the night in Plymouth.
Tobit

Postby tammylynn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 am

:up: It is super that you all took time out of your schedules to do something like this for a good cause!
tammylynn

Return to Public Events