nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

*ROUGH DRAFT* NAMRC Meeting

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

*ROUGH DRAFT* NAMRC Meeting

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:15 am

The day started with a short meet and greet at 8am. There were people in attendance from CORVA (CA Off Road Vehicle Association), CA Association of 4WD Clubs, Pacific Northwest Association of 4wd Clubs, ORBA (off road business association), John Stewart from United, Del Allbright represent Blue Ribbon and friends of the Rubicon, Jack Welch President of Blue Ribbon, Bob Crandall who runs an on-line 4wheeling radio show, Dave Brill from EC4WDA,the Nevada 4wd Association and representatives from SEMA.

This was essentailly a round table discussion of issues facing our sport, what the attending organizations have been doing over the past year, and how other parts of the country are dealing with their issues and closures. SEMA was one of the first to speak assuring us that the 4wd market is not only doing well but booming. They are committed to assisting the preservation and continued growth in our sport. As such SEMA covered the expense of the conferance room where our meeting was held.

It was great to hear that the members of these organizations are aware of the issues we face in the North East. Although they have access issues on a major grander scale than us, they also LOOSE access on a huge scale. At one point there was mention of closing 2 MILLION acres of land for motorized access which is about 3 times the size of Rhode Island.

There was a common theme throughout the meeting and that was the lack of new leaders. This seems to be a problem throughout our sport and no organization present was not feeling the lack of new and able leaders willing to take charge of events and continue the fight.

John Stewart gave a slide show presentation concerning land access. This brief presentation was part of the United Land Use Seminar. The attending members of NAMRC were very impressed with the findings and history of the changing demographics, strain on the National Forest Service due to increased recreational use, and what the National Forest Service projects for the increasing numbers of motorized users which currently surpass 25% of the citizens of the United States.

Bob Crandall from 4 Wheeling Today ( www.4wheelingtoday.com ) was present again this year. His internet radio show airs every Tuesday on his website starting at 9pm Eastern Standard Time. He discussed the difficulty he has faced this with maintaining his show due to financial and health problems. He is however back on track and expecting to expand his show 24/7 using archived shows.

My presentation was next and I disclosed information about Old Florida RD, lands developed in NH, developments in ME, our current situation in MA, and spoke about RIOHVA. I allowed Dave Brill to discuss COALT as he has more personal knowledge of COALT than I. I reaffirmed our commitment to land access in the North East and developing further recreational opprotunites for 4wd vehicles.

LUNCH BREAK....to be continued
Scott Hatch

Postby Treasurer » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:21 pm

When you all listen to Bob Crandalls show you will here me saying public service announcements. Please tell you members bout the show and web site. The show starts at 9.06 EST every Tuesday.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Scott SKEETER Brown » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:32 pm

Lets wait until you guys get back and can put some sort of formal press release out to the clubs about this radio show.

What was Brill's comment (if any) on OFR?
SKEETER
Scott Brown

NEWJO Maine
Overland Jeepers of Maine
Scott SKEETER Brown
Site Admin

Postby Scott Hatch » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:28 am

No mention
Scott Hatch

Postby JesseA » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:00 pm

John Stewart; Is he tue guy that runs MUIRNET? goes by K67PZL (or something like that?) on Pirate?

I think that I Talked to him about the CA Green sticker program and their access issues- in regards to possibly emulating that system in ME.
He gave me a lot more information than i was ready for.
I am glad that I called.
JesseA

Postby Scott SKEETER Brown » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:10 pm

JesseA wrote:John Stewart; Is he tue guy that runs MUIRNET? goes by K67PZL (or something like that?) on Pirate?

I think that I Talked to him about the CA Green sticker program and their access issues- in regards to possibly emulating that system in ME.
I am glad that I called.

http://www.ufwda.org/bod.htm half way down. John Stewart is Director of Environment Affairs. We hosted him in RI last spring? to put on an all day Land Use Seminar. I was at that.

You should try to find your way to the NEA meeting tomorrow (in VT). If you could be in S.Maine by 6am, you could ride the rest of the way with me.
SKEETER
Scott Brown

NEWJO Maine
Overland Jeepers of Maine
Scott SKEETER Brown
Site Admin

Postby rblank » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:12 am

JesseA wrote:John Stewart; Is he tue guy that runs MUIRNET? goes by K67PZL (or something like that?) on Pirate?

I am glad that I called.

I don't know about the Pirate name, but yes, he runs MUIRNET.

And as Skeeter said he hosted the Access seminar last year.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Return to Trail Conservation