nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

organized call-in to MA legislators on tuesday the 23rd

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

organized call-in to MA legislators on tuesday the 23rd

Postby mike_belben » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Dave Brill and myself started organizing a call in at Northeast Toyota Crawlers, then decided it would be good to get the entire community involved.. please disseminate among your various clubs.

contact info..

Governor Deval Patrick
State House, Rm. 360
Boston, MA 02133
Phone: (617) 725-4005
Fax: (617) 727-9725

senate president therese murray
http://www.mass.gov/legis/member/t_m0.htm

speaker of the house salvatore dimasi
http://www.mass.gov/legis/member/sfd1.htm
Last edited by mike_belben on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike_belben

Postby mike_belben » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:17 pm

some sample format below:

Mass residents

Hi, My name is_____________. I live in _________________. I am calling today to make sure that Governor Patrick is made aware that there is a large, growing constituency base that uses ATVs and Jeeps/Trucks on state property and that more land should be made available, not less. Less will only cause those large numbers to be condensed into smaller areas, creating erosion/trail damage issues, more illegal wheeling and many people to seek out their recreation outside the state, taking their money and tourism dollars with them.

Thank you,

OUT OF STATE

Hi, My name is_____________. I live in _________________. I am calling today to make sure that Governor Patrick is made aware that there is a large, growing tourism base that uses ATVs and Jeeps/Trucks on state property and that more land should be made available, not less. Less will only cause those large numbers to be condensed into smaller areas, creating erosion/trail damage issues, more illegal wheeling and many people to seek out their recreation outside the state, taking their money and tourism dollars with them.

Thank you,
mike_belben

Postby mike_belben » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:21 pm

if for any reason the person on the phone seems interested, here are some more simple ideas i put together.. alot of our guys said they'd be willing to call but didnt know what to say. you can arrange them into you own words/situations pretty easily.

*did you know there are 147 state forests in massachusetts totalling over 450,000 acres, and not a single acre of state land allows 4x4 trucks or jeeps?

*I would like to see the state open land for the sole purpose of Offroad Vehicle Recreation, and would happily pay a annual registration plus an entrance fee.

*Unfortunately, just a few bad apples who engage in illegal offroading do a lot of damage to private property, wildlife management areas, wetlands and so forth. both clubs and environmental police officers agree that providing legal land is the solution to illegal offroading.

*i think there is a lot of revenue to be generated for the state by opening an ORV only forest.

*the club that i belong to is sanctioned by a larger association, the ( EC4WDA or NEA4WDC ) which represents hundreds of members, experienced in trail construction and maintenance. if the state were to work with the association, im sure that trail construction could be done by volunteers for free. i would certainly volunteer.

*i take x amount of weekend offroading trips to ME/NH/PA per year and would love to travel to a park that is closer instead, even if there was a significant fee, it's still less than the $200 roundtrip gas bill, and being closer, i could go several more times per year.
mike_belben

Postby maxhome » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:30 pm

This has been posted to the BSJ Forum.
maxhome

Postby tammylynn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:15 am

Posted on DWE. Will follow-up with e-mail to our MA members later today.
tammylynn

Postby Rosco_Dude » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:36 am

emailed to New England
Rosco_Dude

Postby mike_belben » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:31 am

thanks guys
mike_belben

Postby mike_belben » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:05 am

just reminding people to get on the phone. all 3 calls took me about 4 minutes total and the aids in each office were polite, listened to what i had to say, wrote it down with interest and assured me they would forward the info to the various politicians.

just call and say goodmorning, im so and so from the town of _________ and im calling today in support of ATV/ORV use in our state forests, id like to see more land made available or whatever. they'll know what you're talking about right now.
mike_belben

Return to Trail Conservation