nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Top Trails Submission

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

Top Trails Submission

Postby tammylynn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:22 am

This was copied from the UFWDA forum. I know we probably don't have anything but thought I would post in case.

All

I know everyone is busy with after the New Year catchup and all.

I need to get a list of the trails we want to submit to BFG for the Top Trails nominations.
It would be nice to have 15 to 20 trails on the list for them to select from.

I can think of a few, but need help with the whole list.
If you submit a trail, please list why it should be considered, and what clubs, or organizations work to maintain the trails.

Todd

I spoke to the BFG rep at the Colorado Convention and they would love to have something from the Northeast. He said that is the only area of the country where they have never had anything.
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:47 am

Couldn't hurt to throw OFR on there to do a survey of the actual roadway through the waterhole
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Ok. If we would like to do that I will submit it! It was interesting when I was out at the Colorado Convention-it seemed as though OFR is more popular than we know...or than I know.

I need some selling points.
How long has OFR been in existence as far as the wheeling community is concerned?
How much are we looking at realistically as far as the survey goes?
What are some of the key reasons we are fighting so hard to keep this open and how would it appeal to other wheelers outside our area?
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:19 pm

What is the deadline for the submission?
Scott Hatch

Postby tammylynn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Todd would like to have submissions by Jan. 20th at the latest.
tammylynn

Postby SidewaysTim » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:13 pm

I just read an article in J-Rations magazine about the Redbird Trail in Indiana and the 4 Wheels to Freedom Club that was one of the recipients of the BFG Outstanding Trails award. They give the award ($4000) to 5 trails and the groups that support them. They also try to pick trails from different sections of the country.

"These selections were not based soley on the gnarliness of the trail but also on the amount of support it gets from local volunteers. The selections were also chosen for their locales, with an effort made to find award-worthy trails in different regions of the country." - J-Rations
Baystate Jeepers
Official Tuner of Jay's CB
SidewaysTim

Postby rblank » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:54 am

Didn't someone submit OFR last year or the year before? Ask Rich B. maybe.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Postby Scott Hatch » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 am

I know we didn't but someone else may have
Scott Hatch

Postby Treasurer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 am

Keep submitting OFR until we get the money.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby tammylynn » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 am

I don't know...when I talked to Tim Gilman from BFG he said they had never received any submissions from the Northeast and they really would like to start seeing some come in.
I posted a link to info about the program in my report from the Colorado Convention but here it is again if you want it.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/outstandingtrails/index.html
tammylynn

Postby ufwda-landuse » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:08 pm

All

Todd here from UFWDA.
I am compiling the list to give to BFG (Tim) and am still looking for a trail from the NorthEast area of the country.
I plan to keep the list and resubmit those trails not selected next year with some additional ones added next year.

I have all ready turned in my list for this year, but still looking for one from your area.
If you have a trail you want on the list, please post it here, or email me info about it at: landuse@ufwda.org

If someone can post something today, and i will get it to BFG later today (24 Jan 08), or tomorrow.

Thanks

Todd
Director of Environmental Affairs
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
ufwda-landuse

Postby tammylynn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 pm

I e-mailed Todd today to formally submit Old Florida Road. We may have missed the deadline for 2008 but it will be on the list for the next time around. :)
tammylynn

Postby Paul » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 pm

SidewaysTim wrote:I just read an article in J-Rations magazine about the Redbird Trail in Indiana and the 4 Wheels to Freedom Club that was one of the recipients of the BFG Outstanding Trails award. They give the award ($4000) to 5 trails and the groups that support them. They also try to pick trails from different sections of the country.

"These selections were not based soley on the gnarliness of the trail but also on the amount of support it gets from local volunteers. The selections were also chosen for their locales, with an effort made to find award-worthy trails in different regions of the country." - J-Rations

How does one provide evidence of local support?
One only needs to read neow and the debacles we have here regarding OFR to find out how popular it is.

:paul:
Guy that used to do stuff a long long time ago.
Paul

Postby Treasurer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:58 pm

Here is my take on the grant. If we get the money the so-called supporters of OFR (internet wheelers) will not volunteer and spend the money.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby rawlus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 am

thanks for the vote of confidence.
rawlus

Postby Treasurer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:50 am

Lets all start off new with a big hug and help each other out. If someone wants to take on OFR I will see that the person is compensated for all his or her expenses.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby tammylynn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Tammy

Thanks for the nomination.
I will send it off to Tim for this year also, and we will see what happens.

Todd
tammylynn

Postby PatriotJeep » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:24 pm

rblank wrote:Didn't someone submit OFR last year or the year before? Ask Rich B. maybe.

Not Me They went and did that on their own they said Savoy Mt.
I don't like to give out locations. They did list Patriot Jeepers
PatriotJeep

Return to Trail Conservation