nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Great American Jeep Rally

Got a trail ride or other event that is open to the public'? Post it here

Postby Treasurer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:33 am

Scott Hatch wrote:I'll be going and driving the A4A Jeep there

The AFA Jeep needs work. The Hood release cable is broken still. The sppedometer driven gear needs to be rotated so the speedometer will work. Then I can erase the code in the ECU. We will just buy the swaybar disconnects. I will go see Lou with Tax ID in hand. One never knows he might give them to me.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby JayZR2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 am

What happened to the ones Dom donated?
hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit]
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby Scott Hatch » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 am

I thought you put those in Friday night?
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby axle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:33 am

Treasurer wrote:
Scott Hatch wrote:I'll be going and driving the A4A Jeep there

The AFA Jeep needs work. The Hood release cable is broken still. The sppedometer driven gear needs to be rotated so the speedometer will work. Then I can erase the code in the ECU. We will just buy the swaybar disconnects. I will go see Lou with Tax ID in hand. One never knows he might give them to me.

The cable is new, I lubed the mechanism and it was working fine, but with the jeep sitting alot, it gets sticky. I can see if Crown can crown get that part. As for the speedo, maybe soneone with a lift can finish a couple things for us.
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby Treasurer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 am

Andre and I tried to open the hood at the Fall Crawl to connect a power inverter to the battery. It was siezed up. I pull hard and the handle broke off from the cable.
The disconnects we have are for a TJ. The XJ is different. Crown Automotive tried to give me a set that was for a TJ. We need disconnects for an XJ. Everyone that stopped by on Friday night to see what I was doing told me we had disconnects for a TJ.
I will visit Elias 4WD Center and see if Lou can help us out.
Steve N.
Treasurer NEA4WDC
Treasurer

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 pm

ImageImage
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
VTP Certified :)
Scott

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:15 pm

:woot: Image :popcorn:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Postby smileyfish » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:49 pm

back to the top, about a week away.

we are expanding the rock garden, we have 20* and 30* ramps, 10 vendors, club booths, thousands of dollars in raffle prizes, stuff for the kids too.

check us out at www.jeeprally.org the list of sponsors all donated to the raffle.

come enjoy the day, win some stuff. show off your jeep, check out other peoples jeeps.
smileyfish

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:24 am

smileyfish wrote:back to the top, about a week away.

we are expanding the rock garden, we have 20* and 30* ramps, 10 vendors, club booths, thousands of dollars in raffle prizes, stuff for the kids too.

check us out at www.jeeprally.org the list of sponsors all donated to the raffle.

come enjoy the day, win some stuff. show off your jeep, check out other peoples jeeps.

Mark! I forgot to call that vendor last night! I'll see him today but I'll call as well.

SORRY (When this is over, we should wheel ;) )
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby smileyfish » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:01 pm

mrfreakinwhite wrote: (When this is over, we should wheel ;) )

sounds good, i need to wheel.
smileyfish

Postby smileyfish » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:29 pm

rain or shine, come help make this the biggest and best jeep rally ever!!!!

remember the money goes to good causes, plus you could win some cool stuff.
smileyfish

Postby JayZR2 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Bump. Come and visit Scott, Tammy and I at the NEA booth!!!!!
noun
1. A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:37 pm

JayZR2 wrote:Bump. Come and visit Scott, Tammy and I at the NEA booth!!!!!

x2 Down with the crew who was setting up today and looks like tomorrow will be an awesome day. Rock course is sweet. Weather is supposed to be the best all week! :wink:
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:30 pm

WOW!!!! Awesome day today. And thats coming from a non Jeep Guy!
610 Jeeps there.
noun
JayZR2

Postby tammylynn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:24 pm

JayZR2 wrote:And thats coming from a non Jeep Guy!

That's not what you're truck says... :lol:

Agreed though. Very awesome day and all of those involved should be very proud and satisfied.
tammylynn

Postby Scott Hatch » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:08 pm

:up: Very excellent day :)
Scott Hatch
NEWJO
New England 4 Wheelers
shatch0341@gmail.com
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Scott Hatch

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:01 am

Why did I think Jay's sig line was going to say, "Real men drive Jeeps?"

:P

:lol:
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby smileyfish » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:06 am

wow, we had an amazing day, the weather was great. the turn out was better than 600 jeeps. the raffle went good, over $5,000 in prizes. the rock garden was cool, we had a duce go over it, cool to see. we had a 20* and a 30* ramp. we had 2 max the 30, 1 was buggied and the other was a stock wheelbased cj5 lifted and stuff. 10 vendors selling stuff, also 10 club booths.

for more go here http://www.jeeprally.org/forum/ . please give us your feed back on how you think we did.
smileyfish

Postby tammylynn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:14 pm

mrfreakinwhite wrote:Why did I think Jay's sig line was going to say, "Real men drive Jeeps?"

:P

:lol:

I have no idea why you would think that.... :shock:
tammylynn

Postby JayZR2 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm

The offending item has been removed and disposed of thank you very much. Just wait you 2. Pay back is a beatch
noun
JayZR2

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 pm

I think I saw Jay talking to the Metro jeep dude. maybe a JK in his future. :lol:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 pm

JayZR2 wrote:The offending item has been removed and disposed of thank you very much. Just wait you 2. Pay back is a beatch

OK, enough is enough. Tammie and I are not going to take the hit for what Dupont did. Ryan played it real well, but I guess Tammie laughing at his set up made her look guilty.

I know one vendor was happy and kinda surprised by the amount of success.

Baystate and NEJEEP know how to run a rally. You guys rocked.
Mike White
mrfreakinwhite

Postby tammylynn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 pm

It is ok Mike. I was going to tell Jay to leave you alone because the whole thing was my original plan and I kind of brought you into it as an innocent victim. I'm pretty sure I can take it.
tammylynn

Postby smileyfish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm

mrfreakinwhite wrote:
I know one vendor was happy and kinda surprised by the amount of success.

ya, i spoke with them a little before they left, i heard best ever for them. i hope to work out a few things with them for next years. they thought i was joking when i said over 600, when i picked up the shirts. :wink:
smileyfish

Postby mika » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Recently talked to a couple of vendors that donated raffle prizes and they were a little disappointed. One saw absolutely no increase in traffic on his web site from the link created on the Rally page the other thought there was going to be more advertising.
:2cents:
mika

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 pm

mika wrote:Recently talked to a couple of vendors that donated raffle prizes and they were a little disappointed. One saw absolutely no increase in traffic on his web site from the link created on the Rally page the other thought there was going to be more advertising.
:2cents:

It would help to know who they are.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Postby Buddha » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 pm

great time at the Jeep Rally. Although I was dissapointed to see a chevy at the NEA booth....... :shock: j/k

Can't wait till next years.
Buddha

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Buddha wrote:great time at the Jeep Rally. Although I was dissapointed to see a chevy at the NEA booth....... :shock: j/k

Ya but it had a really cool bumper sticker on it!!!! Tammy...... It worked he probably still thinks you did it lmao
Freedom Trail Riders
Ryan Schneider
Delegate
Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Buddha wrote:great time at the Jeep Rally. Although I was dissapointed to see a chevy at the NEA booth....... :shock: j/k

There was a Chevy? :shock:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Postby mika » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Lets just say I don't think Mitchells & Daves Custom Creations will be back next year might want to check with them.

Although I think I did some great deal of convincing with Mitchell's to be a sponsor at next years Fall Crawl, given Tom Woods was there in person and donated a boat load of stuff. The fact hes a direct competitor to his dad might not hurt either.
mika

Postby Zaedock » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:00 am

mika wrote:Lets just say I don't think Mitchells & Daves Custom Creations will be back next year might want to check with them.

Although I think I did some great deal of convincing with Mitchell's to be a sponsor at next years Fall Crawl, given Tom Woods was there in person and donated a boat load of stuff. The fact hes a direct competitor to his dad might not hurt either.

Both of them have outdated websites. They've been "under construction" for a couple years at least. The Rally just happened last weekend. I'm not sure how many people need custom cage work or axles built within a weeks time. The economy isn't exactly ideal right now. As far as advertising goes, we had the Rally in a couple national magazines. When people check out the Rally site, it links to their outdated sites.
Zaedock

Postby smileyfish » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 am

mika wrote:Lets just say I don't think Mitchells & Daves Custom Creations will be back next year might want to check with them.

in regards to this, i was looking for a new rear axle about a year ago and almost went with ct axle because i saw them at the rally a year before that. then i stumbled on mitchell, i ended up going with mitchell due to the fact he was closer. the increase might not be this week but people do remember. if mitchell would rather do the fall crawl that has 500 people over the rally that had over 2000 spectators more power to him.

as far as dave, the donations were great, and we appreceate them. like i said the bussines might not increase in a week but if someone needs some custom work in the future they might call him, including me.

we had over $5000 in prizes to raffle off, we took in about 1/2 that in actual money. the economy is rough right now, i know i didn't do much wheeling this year. you don't wheel, you don't break, you don't need parts.

all things concidered i thought we did ok for our first time running the rally. we are already talking about what went wrong and how to improve it. what went right and how to make it better.
smileyfish

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:21 am

The advertising could stand a little improvement, by way of the DJ or PA. and banners. If these guys gave us banners they would be displayed. We cannot go buy banners as that's a big expense and this IS for charity. either one of these guys could have had a display or sales booth, they opted not to. Dave also brought me a generous gift cert to hand off to someone who has been in a tough spot, I asked how he wanted to go about announcing it, all he wanted to do was have me page him on the PA to go to the stage. NO PLUG for Dave's. I paged the dude. I would have gladly announced the gift and Dave's. He had me a little confused since he knew where the guy was, maybe I misunderstood the whole thing. I'm sorry they feel the way they do and I hope they will consider sponsorship of next years rally.
Our raffle area didn't even make half of what it was worth. Economy SUCKS! we're lucky we had the turnout we did. We're also damn lucky it was last weekend and not this rainy one.

We will talk about Sponsor advertising on the Rally forum's Organizer section.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Postby mika » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 am

Thank you for taking it as constructive criticism and pinpointing an area that can be improved upon for next year. Also I would recommend a PA announcer with a voice that carries sort of like Scot Hatch. It was very difficult to hear & make out the words of the PA announcer during the raffle.

In the end its all bout managing expectations. A wise man once told me the difference between expectations and reality is often replaced with disappointment. I think that's what happened in this case.
mika

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:10 pm

mika wrote: It was very difficult to hear & make out the words of the PA announcer during the raffle.

OK... I'm fired. It was ME. :lol: Should i have spoken S L O W E R for you. :P :wink:
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Postby mika » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Scott wrote:
mika wrote: It was very difficult to hear & make out the words of the PA announcer during the raffle.

OK... I'm fired. It was ME. :lol: Should i have spoken S L O W E R for you. :P :wink:

It wasn't the speed with which you spoke it was the V O L U M E !!! You'll need to crank it up a bit more.
mika

Postby Scott » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 am

WELCOME TO THE 8TH A N N U A L GRRRRREAT A M E R I C A N JEEP RALLY ::spoken in a boxing match announcer voice:: :lol:

fwiw. Next year I plan on having talking point cards, also gonna see if I can tie into the DJ's set-up.
Scott Daigle

GAJR Treasurer
Scott

Previous

Return to Public Events