nea4wd.org

Welcome To The Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

Fw: URGENT Oppose Omnibus Land Grab Act

*Public* Our trails are an endangered species. Please visit and contribute to this forum often.

Fw: URGENT Oppose Omnibus Land Grab Act

Postby jmylie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Two minutes of your time is urgently needed to preserve access to your public lands. In a last minute move the newly elected Congress may vote as early as Tomorrow-Sunday without adequate public input on Omnibus Land Bill S22. This massive land grab bill that will lock up millions of additional acres of public land, close thousands of miles of recreation trails, harm already struggling rural economies, further reduce renewable resource harvesting, be detrimental to forest health by eliminating all forest management, restrict property rights and hamstring energy exploration in the United States. Click the link below & your letter will be sent directly to the decision makers. Please take a few minutes to help convince them to vote against the S.22 Land Grab Act.

http://www.savethetrails.us/Default.aspx?PetitionID=31

If there were awards for bad legislation this bill might take first, second & third, but unless more people speak up it is likely to pass. Please take two minutes to submit a pre drafted letter to legislators opposing this bill.
Thanks to the thousands who have already submitted their letters, but letters are still needed from those who have not yet written. If you are not sure if you have taken action please submit a letter, the program will tell you if you already sent a letter.

Please share this email with your lists and post it on blogs.
Joe

Toyota Land Cruiser Association
Yankee Toys
Gotham City Land Cruisers
East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association
National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
Tread Lightly - Tread Trainer
jmylie

Postby SidewaysTim » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:27 pm

done
Baystate Jeepers
Official Tuner of Jay's CB
SidewaysTim

Postby Evert » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:19 pm

SidewaysTim wrote:done

X2
SummitCrawlers
3GW
Evert

Postby XJ Maki » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:35 pm

+1
Bic W.
Northeast Jeep Org.
XJ Maki

Postby axle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Done
Bob Butler, New England Jeepz
axle

Postby XJ Maki » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:38 pm

the email bounced

Kinda bummed because I thought they made the process very easy with radio buttons to choose a canned message or the ability to write your own and then (presumeably) have the whole mess forwarded to the correct authority with one click. It's a great way to do it and I think it probably gets more people to take action when you don't have to hunt down your congressman's email addy and come up with something intelligent to say without sounding snarky, whatever - even though I went with the "don't force this larded-up land-grab act down taxpayers throats" option :roll: my rep's a democrat so what the hey.

Anyways, I hunted down congressman Markey's email addy https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml and sent a copy to Senator Kerry for good measure since I wasn't sure if this was a house or senate action.

Here's some more info on it fwiw: http://dpc.senate.gov/dpc-new.cfm?doc_name=lb-111-1-1
Bic W.
Northeast Jeep Org.
XJ Maki

Postby mrfreakinwhite » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:30 am

My e-mail bounced, too.
Mike White
MA Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee - 4WD delegate
Massacusetts Recreational Trail Advisory Board - 4WD Delegate
Mohawk 4x4 Adventures - President
mrfreakinwhite

Postby rblank » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:00 am

Use the link Tim supplied here from the AMA. http://forum.nea4wd.org/viewtopic.php?t=3262

It's the same issue and it worked fine for me.
*DISCLAIMER* - The views expressed herein are the personal views of the author and do not in any way represent, nor imply to represent, the views of the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, it's officers, members, or affiliates.
rblank

Return to Trail Conservation